“unacceptable delay, no effort to ameliorate”
Review of Kitchen 218

Kitchen 218
Ranked #13 of 147 Restaurants in Providenciales
Price range: US$20 - US$50
Cuisines: Caribbean, French, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Beach House Restaurant on Providenciales in Turks and Caicos is now Kitchen 218, featuring a new menu, enhanced decor and a culinary club. The restaurant is known for its creative cuisine with a twist of Turks and Caicos. The Beach House Chef will wow you with fresh ingredients bringing extraordinary flavors to you. Ask for the Chef's Table for a truly memorable experience. Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner served daily plus Brunch on Saturdays and Sundays.
Reviewed 27 November 2013

First: the food we ate here was the best during our week in Provo. Expertly prepared down to the last detail. Except that the Jamon iberico was sliced too thickly. Still: beef filet cooked perfectly, accompanied by grilled vegetables that were sweet and crunchy. Would have liked a bit more sauce, but overall, a complete success. Appetizer (asparagus and jamon) very tasty, maybe not quite flavorful enough, but good.
Now here's the rub: we waited an extraordinarily long time for even the appetizer to arrive. We were presented with two rounds of amuse bouche (which was a pate a choux stuffed with bechamel -- very very capably executed but very very bland....chef should have improvised a bit) and then had to wait almost an hour before the appetizer arrived. We asked four staff what the problem was; only one gave an answer, which was unfortunately only an excuse: we're using a new system. In a situation like this, with truly extraordinary delays, I tend to expect a little bit of a treat to make up for the inconvenience. Alas, none was forthcoming. In fact no one even bothered to acknowledge the delay other than to make the excuse that they were using a new system. On my way out I made my displeasure known to the hostess, who only proceeded to give me the same excuse. I told he we were leaving unhappy.
So the take home message? I wish you luck. If they can get their act together and figure out a few basic principles of customer service, this will be far and away the best restaurant in Provo. If not, so sad.

1  Thank joeblitzflick
Resort_Team, General Manager at Kitchen 218, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2013

Dear guests. Please accept my deep apologies for your delay in service during yesterday's dinner. We were let down by the IT systems which caused the unacceptable waiting time you experienced. I assure you that this is not the norm at our Beach House restaurant where we pride ourselves on great service and flavorful meals. I am glad that you did find the meal tasty and - as you say - the best you experienced in Provo this week.

I would like to invite you to come back to give us another chance. Please contact me directly at vfilpo@beachhousetci.com so that I can personally apologize and schedule a complimentary return visit for you and your guest.

Best regards,
Vianel Filpo, General Manager

Reviewed 18 November 2013

I have been coming to this island for 11 years 2-3 times a year. We go back to many places and try new ones. Chefs change jobs like crazy. We were here last year and it was very good so we returned. Guess what: a NEW chef! The meal was delicious, creative, and not expensive for what we were served. Truly a memorable meal. The plating rivaled NYC restaurants. Janet, the sommelier and manager was informative and gave me a taste of a cordial from her eye catching center wine and after drink table. This ranks as my top pick on this island and I hope they continue more than a year. Go while you can. Try the Iberica pork prepared three ways. The appetizer of quail eggs serrano ham, asparagus and mushrooms with a sabayon foam was EXCEPTIONAL!! Those mushrooms were so exotic I had to write them down so I could get them back in the USA. Go!

Resort_Team, Manager at Kitchen 218, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2013

We are truly delighted to know that you returned to dine with us and enjoyed the creations of our new chef. Thank you so much for posting your kind comments and your recommendations – I am sure future diners will appreciate your tips. Our menu is constantly evolving, so we look forward to having you back with us on your next visit to Turks & Caicos.

Reviewed 9 November 2013

This restaurant is a truly fine dining experience. Food quality and presentation were unmatched. The dessert was fantastic. We took a cab over from Grace Bay Club. It was worth it. We dines at a number of fine restaurants in T&C. This place blew them all away. Every detail even the way we paid our final bill was a first class experience. We dined here for our last night to close out our vacation in T&C.

Resort_Team, Manager at Kitchen 218, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2013

What a lovely review - thank you so much for your kind words and we are of course thrilled that you had such a memorable experience. Our menu is constantly evolving, so we do hope you will dine with us again on your next visit to Turks & Caicos.

Reviewed 8 November 2013

Went to Beach House for first time,to attend a special event as part of the Caribbean Food and Wine Festival. The catch phrase was " Our house is your house- welcome!" The staff were accommodating ,congenial,and personable.
Newly renovated,it's a dear little gem on the beach.

We are so pleased that you attended and enjoyed our recent Women of Wine event. It was truly a special day! We will certainly pass your kind comments on to the staff. We are working hard to enhance our menu for the season with lots of local flavors, so we hope you will return and have another experience with us soon.

Reviewed 5 November 2013 via mobile

We went here for lunch on Sunday and were disappointed. The menu was sparse.. Only a couple of options. My husband ordered the seafood flatbread and was left wondering where the seafood was.. There were 2 prawns and 1 scallop on the entire flatbread.
My mushroom flatbread was fine but nothing special.
The service was slow. There were only 2 tables occupied in the restaurant so I don't see why it was so slow. We had finished the bread they brought to the table before they bothered to bring the oil and balsamic. The request for more bread was not fulfilled until after the lunch was served 10 minutes later..

Resort_Team, Manager at Kitchen 218, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2013

Thank you for posting your comments about your recent dining experience with us, as we appreciate all feedback. We are very sorry to learn that the restaurant did not meet your expectations. The restaurant has been undergoing a lot of changes and upgrades recently including a reopening on Nov 1st and extensive updates to the property and a lot of new staff that are currently in training. The menu will grow over the next couple of weeks as we are developing a stronger focus on Caribbean flavors and highlights. Please come back soon to experience the enhancements.