“not as advertised- much better options on TCI” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Le Vele Resort

Le Vele Resort
Ranked #33 of 45 Hotels in Providenciales
New York City, New York
“not as advertised- much better options on TCI”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2012

I visited the LeVele for 5 nights in Oct. This was my second trip to TCI that year and couldn't wait to return. I am rating LV two stars- one for view and one for the kitchen. We chose Le Vele because we were meeting friends that were excited for the modern accommodations but once we arrived we realized this was not the case. The photos will speak for themselves. After having a sleepless night on the horrible mattress I called management the next morning at 8:30 am left a message, then stopped by at 9:30 - he was on his break, then again at 11am finally at 2pm I found him. I had to re-explain everything- during the time I was 29 weeks pregnant and asked if there was a room available with a newer mattress hence more comfortable. The man at the front desk had showed me another room but the mattress was just as hard and agreed the mattresses where as old as the resort in at least in my two options. I asked if they could pad my bed and what the difference in a 2br upgrade would be as that is all they had left. Clayton the manager- treated me as if I was trying to get away with something instead of a displeased customer. He clearly didn't want to rent me the two bedroom because he would have to explain this to the owners as each room is individually owned... which is why they are all decorated different- so yes the picture on the website is the decor of only one room. So in the end he wanted to change my initial promotional rate of one night free claiming it was different in a one bedroom then a two. Which Clearly was not the case on the website but for the sake of not arguing I sucked it up and had to spend the rest of my babymoon uncomfortable. I also had to ask them about the dinner that was included in my rate- otherwise they would try to get away with not offering it. Breakfast was a joke- not only very late everyday- but very old pastries- yuck! The entrance was never mopped when it rained- so very slippery and dangerous. Housekeeping was pleasant but always very late in cleaning the room. A total disappointment!!!! then a manager that thinks because he has 20 yrs experience that qualifies you to be a good one. For the first time in my life- I was looking forward to coming home:( I recommend Villa Del Mar- clean, comfy, friendly staff and quiet.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank c212

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2012

Just returned from seven nights with my spouse and two teenage sons. Le Vele was recommended to me by a friend, and I will soon be sending her the biggest possible thank you. We could not have had a more perfect week in Providenciales, thanks to this beautiful, peaceful, spotless, perfectly managed place. On what had to be the busiest week of the year for Turks and Caicos--the week from Christmas to New Year's Day, Le Vele felt almost deserted, even though it was pretty much fully occupied. We love peace and quiet, so if you're looking for an all-inclusive resort with tons of people, food, drinks, room service, and activities, this is not a good choice. But if you're looking for a getaway that leaves you feeling refreshed and renewed, this is hard to beat. We had a two-BR unit, second floor, and it was spotless, with fluffy towels everywhere and a fully stocked, sleek kitchen. It actually made me want to cook, it was so great. There were never more than ten people on the beach with us; never had trouble getting an umbrella and chaises. We'd walk the beach past neighboring resorts teeming with people and happily return to quiet, delightful Le Vele. Its location on Grace Bay is really tranquil in contrast with the areas near the big resorts (Seven Stars, Beaches). We rented a car because we always like to explore and to find local restaurants, but we could have probably done fine without one because of the nearby restaurants (Grace's Cottage, Coco Bistro, Pizza Pizza, Saltmills Diner for breakfast all day, Yoshi's--the only restaurant I have ever visited with iPad menus!). The front desk folks were unfailingly helpful in organizing outings if that's your thing. In conclusion, Le Vele gets my highest recommendation. Just go! ; )

Room Tip: Avoid first floor because there's no ocean view as nice as the upper floors.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank YoungNashvillians
Lansing, MI.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2011

Just returned from a 6 day, 5 night stay at LeVele. Got back Sunday-18th. Went for an early 50th birthday seeing b-day is 2 days after Christmas. Hotel asked if special occassion couple weeks before trip-to help celebrate, but never said a word about it ? We had a one bedroom condo on the 2nd floor. The condo was wonderful, very clean, and quiet. The kitchen was fully stocked with dishes, toaster, blender, coffee maker, stove, oven, micro, full size fridge, etc. Bathroom was huge. Never had to get up early in a.m.for a chair at pool or beach. Ocean is crystal clear, and sand is the softest we have ever felt. Took long walks every day. We have traveled to many countries (Mexico, Bahamas, Punta Cana, Bermuda, St. Martin, Jamaica, Grand Cayman) and this is way up on our list of favorite countries to visit. Temps 80's in day, 70's at night. Clean, safe, beautiful !!

Restaurants we dined at for dinner: Coco Bistro - awesome, great food and scenery & staff. Graces Cottage (Point Grace)-free dinner from LeVele promotion-sat in gorgeous gardens, excellant food & staff. Anacaona (Grace Bay Club) -pretty good food, ocean front dining, expensive. Had this night b-day dinner night, and even though we saw our reservations said "birthday" they never said a word. Kinda odd. Mango Reef (Alexandra)-dining ocean front, good meals. Opus-excellant meal, entertainment. Lunches-Hemmingways (Sands Hotel), Seaside Cafe (Ocean Club West), JoJo's (Windsong), Cabana Bar & Grill (Ocean Club). All good. Our hotel gave us a free breakfast basket every day, which was very good. Bagels or croissants, juices, apples, bananas. Plenty of food. Spent about $200 a day on lunches and dinners out.

Rented a car-was well worth it. Driving on right side of car, left side of road a little confusing at first. Of all the hotels I considered for this 50th birthday trip, I am VERY happy we picked LeVele.
Airport-small and crazy !

Don't even think twice about visiting Turks & Caicos, and staying at LeVele. Second choice would be Grace Bay Club or Ocean Club West, because they were a little closer to stores and restaurants, if not renting a car.

Room Tip: One bedroom rooms are on 1st and 2nd floor, studios on 3rd & 4th. I did look at a studio even th...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank CMFLansing_MI_
New York City
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2011

My husband took me to TCI for my 30th bday, and he chose Le Vele Resort. I was at first disappointed - the reception area was basically a small building, the pool was just one rectangular pool, and there was nothing else to the property. But after just one day, I totally understand their motto of simple luxury:
Pool - while it wasn't big, it had infinity sides (water that flows into the ground) and there were those floatie lounge things in the pool. The actual lounge chairs were those cushioned ones and everything was super clean (very important to me).
Staff - super courteous and helpful, making recommendations on dining and reservations
Room - we had ocean view rooms with balcony that we would sit out on everyday. White and spacious, it felt like a room in the Carribeans.
Location - Right on Grace's Bay, 3 minute walk to the main shopping centers and grocery store
Amenities - little things like free bottled water, bathrobes, free use of bikes, free shuttle to/from hotel made the experience that much better

Cons: they offer "continental bfast" but it's the same thing every day (we were there for 6 days) of bagel, apple, banana, and OJ. After the second day, we bought our own bfast. Also, there isn't a restaurant onsite, so no room service or drink service.

Room Tip: Perfect for couples, but not much for big groups or families
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank JPNYC33
Westchester, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2011

So everyone pronounces it Level E.

There are certain givens about Grace Bay Beach in Providenciales: Perfect weather is near guaranteed. It's super clean (and what tiny bits of seaweed there are each resort sweeps and buries....manually or with never seen tractors) with super soft white sand, a very very gentle surf and miles of it for the proverbial "long romantic walks on the beach"! Such guarantee, of course comes with a handsome price tag.....but you get what you pay for.

So reading TA, Le Vele sounded just like what I wanted and they deliver. A handsome, sea facing (OK if you get a ground level accommodation you don't quite see the sand...but we were on the second floor and it was just fine), elegant, well located, QUIET, hands off, comfortable and restful stay. With a child unfriendly pool...it's about 5 feet deep end to end....no little swing set, etc...no restaurant...kids are the exception and so is noise. I often felt there were only 4 or 6 other people staying here. There's no pressure to do anything, which is exactly what we did. And yet the supermarket and several restaurants are near enough to meet your needs. And the supermarket, with its $4.79 cans of Progresso soup and $23 suntan lotions is an amusement park of a different kind.

For 7 years old the accommodations are great and holding up well. Quality of construction is obvious and daily tending keeps the place neat and elegant. The 2 bedroom apartment we had was elegant and very well furnished. Was it the model 7 years ago? The small pool facing balcony of the second bedroom had an outdoor fan...the only one. The outdoor and indoor furniture was top quality....though a touch up with a brown marker would do well hiding the occasional scuff marker. And the beds were heaven: thick pillow top mattresses that were the right combo of firm and felt like a cloud. The odd mattress cover/ sheet/ cotton blanket/ fitted sheet bottom layer was odd but likely protective and added to the comfort. Housekeeping was invisible and efficient. The jetted tub (even the "studios" have one) and Acca Kappa amenities were delicious. The front desk was pleasant and efficient. The DVD library well stocked. Oh and the bikes and kayaks are there for when you want.

Final note: while Provo is expensive, look carefully at Le Vele's website terrific value added promo. I don't think occupancy rates and the Real Estate boom are what everyone would like you to believe.

Room Tip: Gound floor lacks sand/ view.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2011

This was our first trip to Turks. We were looking for a quiet, upscale, relaxing place and we found it. Everything was beautiful. The views were incredible. The staff was wonderful. We used the bikes several times to visit the grocery store (expensive!). We found the location to be perfect for what we wanted. We took lots of long walks. Getting to restaurants was no problem either -- plenty in walking distance. We will stay here every time we return without our kids. Might have to find something else when we bring them -- although it will be HARD to give Le Vele up! A wonderful fruit, juice and bagel basket was delivered each morning -- such a nice touch and PLENTY of food! Pool is gorgeous too. Weight room is small but functional if you need a quick weight workout. Best vacation ever!!!!!!

Room Tip: Ask for one of the higher floors for the best view.
  • Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jenrap
New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2011

Le Vele was a great condo/hotel. The staff was extremely accommodating; Alexio and Michelle know their stuff and helped us a great deal. The hotel is in a good location where you can walk to several restaurants. One of the more quiet hotels on Grace Bay. I can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: All rooms have a kitchen
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple