Le Vele (accent on the second syllable) is Italian for "The Sails" (as in sailboat sails). The architect of this 22 unit condo resort is Italian. "Simple Luxury" is the motto.
Family of 5, parents plus our children - young men aged 17-20, thoroughly enjoyed ourselves here during the Christmas/New Years break in a two bedroom, 2.5 bath unit with full kitchen, dining area, washer/dryer.
The beach is perfection- crystal clear water, soft, white sand, with steady pleasant breeze. The low density means the beachfront and infinity pool aren't crowded. Beach towels are acquired at the pool are. Beach chairs and umbrellas are set up early in the morning and there were always enough, as well as enough room for everyone. Water is available in the office by the bottle.
The location is ideal due to convenience in walking the beach to great restaurants - Bay Bistro, Mango Reef, etc. One pays by the person for taxi service so there can be significant savings involved if you don't plan on renting a car. A flash light is a good idea for walking the beach at night.
Bicycles with baskets were complimentary. We used them to ride to the nearby Graceway grocery, to the Scotia Bank next to the Graceway, to the Kite Board beach, and to go shopping.
It's a half hour walk down the beach to the Grace Bay National Park snorkeling area (in front of Coral Gardens) where turtles, rays, fish, etc. can be seen. Bringing your own snorkeling gear is a good idea. Fish tacos at the Somewhere beach bar there is fun. Snorkel equipment can be rented there, also.
The relatively quiet location is far enough away from the high density resorts (Beaches, Club Med, etc.) that one is not affected by that crowd.
Breakfast was brought to the door daily. Bagels and English muffins were alternated daily, along with a variety of fruit juices, plus bananas and apples.
Everyone who works at the resort is very good at what they do, personable, and fun to be around. It is a well run, well done operation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Small is beautiful--less is more. Le Vele is located on the most exclusive stretch of Grace Bay between Point Grace and The Mansions; a magnificent luxury beachfront condo resort consisting of 22 ultra spacious, impeccably designed one, two and three bedroom beachfront condominium suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HRS and Cancelon so you can book your Le Vele Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Vele Hotel Providenciales
- Le Vele Providenciales
- Le Vele Resort Turks And Caicos/Providenciales