“Absolutely Amazing & Perfect...well, except for our last night there.”
Review of Amanyara

Amanyara
Ranked #20 of 45 Hotels in Providenciales
Leawood, Kansas
“Absolutely Amazing & Perfect...well, except for our last night there.”
Reviewed 3 May 2011

We booked Amanyara for our honeymoon because we were seeking a secluded luxury hotel and Amanyara is exactly that. The staff is courteous and, for the most part, extremely efficient. There is a little bit of 'island time' with the wait on food orders but it wasn't a big deal b/c there was no where to be hurrying off to anyway. It is 30-40 minutes from the airport and downtown (where all of the other hotels are bunched together) and it's a pretty bumpy ride to get there (other than the complimentary airport transfers, it costs about $90 each way to get to 'town' for outside activities) . However, that being said, you aren't going to have tourists 'stumble by' this place; it is very secluded and private. There were children present but not so much to be bothersome (and the european children were are exceptionally behaved).

You can eat in their restaurants or bars or have the food delivered directly to your room for no additional fee. The food was good, some excellent, some average. Overall, we were pleased with the food. They have a pretty nice wine list but be prepared to pay double the price for what you would pay if dining out at home.

Be warned: there isn't a lot to do here. There is a spa and they offer yoga & pilates. Tennis also (complimentary lessons or the staff will play with you if you have no one to play with and they provide shoes, raquets, & balls). On the beach there is kayaking & hobie cat sailing and two snorkel excursions each day. You will not find parasailing, jet skiing or the like; this simply isn't the place for that! This is truly a place to unwind and relax. In the evening, they do show a movie in their screening room (somewhat newly released DVDs) where they'll serve you popcorn & beverages. Other than that, on Wed/Sat evenings, there is an accoustical guitarist that plays by their beach restaurant. That's about it for nightlife.

The rooms are gorgeous! Beer, soda, & snacks are complimentary. Note: there are no room keys. A safe is provided for your valuables but when you leave your room, you leave via sliding glass doors without locks. There was complimentary champagne upon our arrival and our first night there, turndown service left rose petals on our bed (honeymoon). We opted for the pavillions that had their own private pool. It was amazing. The pool was surrounded by lush vegetation so it is completely private. The ocean view pavillions did not offer private pools but simply an ocean view. Note: the pavillions are essentially glass walls and the ocean view pavillions do not offer the same privacy as the pool pavillions. So make your decision on whether you would prefer privacy versus and ocean view.

The one 'glitch' -- our last evening there, we returned to our room to find turndown service still present; three attendants were working -- the fourth attendant was standing at my vanity -- USING MY COMB to comb through his hair several times. Talk about an invasion of privacy. Gross. I contacted the manager who arrived at our room in no time. I explained the situation and he was quite apalled and certainly apologetic. When we arrived at the concierge desk the next morning, he appeared out of nowhere and informed us that a night's stay would be credited back to our bill -- considering that was amost $2500, it was a significant credit. He also gave us his card and told us to contact him directly if we ever book with ANY Aman property again and that he would personally handle our reservation.

For what it's worth, other reviewer's have mentioned smelling the burning of trash and noise of construction -- we experienced neither of those things. Of course, the construction of property was complete when we were there and I suspect those complaints occured during the time when construction was not yet complete, and rooms, presumably less expensive.

Also -- their photos? Yes, the place is that beautiful!!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
7 Thank SJRinKS

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Portugal
Reviewed 1 May 2011

This is probably the beat resort in the Americas. Not the place to go if you look for pool parties or loud crowds. There is simply no comparison with St Regis, Four Seasons or other resorts - Amanyara is a cut above the rest with location, food, service and attention to detail. Is one of the most beatiful man made places on earth and the price goes along with all these assets so make sure you have enough credit on your visa card...if you are a discerning traveller that is willing to pay to have the best, this is the place!

• Stayed April 2011
2 Thank PedroPortugal
New York
Reviewed 11 January 2011

Absolutely the most beautiful resort ever! And the most friendly and helpful staff makes it even better. We loved our experience here so much that we're getting married here!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
Annapolis, Maryland
Reviewed 30 December 2010

....of having low expectations. After reading the few negative posts about Amanyara, I didn't want to get my hopes up. I have to admit that this resort (architecture and location), the staff (200 staff for 40 pavilions/villas) and the food (all organic, local and delicious) is out of this world! I didn't even want to schedule a massage after reading the last review but ...WOW! ....it was amazing! The spa staff picked us up in a golf cart and catered to us as we got a couple's massage in a private pavilion. The 2 masseuses were small but mighty :) I knew it was all good when my masseuse climbed on my table to work out a knot in my back!!

But let's start at the beginning....We were first picked up in a private Land Rover - with water, cool towel and your choice of music. Our driver Calvin, even took us to the Conch Shack as a requested detour for some rum punch. The staff all knew our names and we never had to bother signing restaurant/poolside/spa bills. They just knew which villa we were in. This is a place to relax - no loud music, very few children and beautiful sunsets. When I thanked one of the guys who set up my beach chair, his response was "no, I thank you - you are the reason I'm here!" There is complimentary tennis (lesson or to play with a pro), yoga, diving, snorkeling, kayaking,.....but our most difficult decisions were to lay out on the beach or by the pool and which white burgundy should we order to watch the sunset :)

This place is so spacious and quiet, it is difficult to meet other people, but that may not be a bad thing. The central bar was usually empty and most of the guests kept to themselves. I guess you'd better really enjoy the company of your travel companion! This wasn't a problem for me - I was ready for bed around 11pm each night - I had to get up early to decide what I was going to have for breakfast (fresh carrot juice - yummy!).

I recommend this place wholeheartedly and we are already planning this to be an annual destination.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
5 Thank NYC21401
New York City, New York
Reviewed 4 August 2010

My family and i visited the resort in July of this year,we rented a villa, the villas are the most beautiful and pravite place we have ever been,we were having the best vacation until my wife decided that we needed a day in the spa,we called the spa and got an oppointment which was perfect just before dinner,arriving at the spa we met the receptionist which was super sweet,she made you felt like she had known you before by calling us by our names,she then introduced us to two Asian therapists which wasnt looking very happy when they say us. Taking us to the room the only words which were exchanged were you can change and ly face down on the bed.The massage was a mess,my wife has never been so diappointed,i will return ,but i will never go back to the spa.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
3 Thank nicky60763
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 29 July 2010

I recently stayed at an ocean front villa at Amanyara for five nights with a group of girlfriends to celebrate a milestone birthday. It was the most luxurious and relaxing vacation I have ever taken, so I felt like I had to write my first trip advisor review (long-time reader, first time writer!). I really loved everything about the place, but I'll try to highlight what stood out the most.

First, the architecture of Amanyara is just spectacular and truly elegant. The aesthetic is very modern, minimalist, and well tailored to the natural environment of the Turks and Caicos. You don't feel like you are in a resort at all, you feel like you are in zen heaven! The villas are totally private and the environment is so calm and quiet that you can't help but relax.

Second, the service is impeccable. I haven't had a lot of experiences where staff are available to attend to your every need, but I sure got used to it quick! I found everyone who worked at the resort to be genuinely kind, friendly, flexible and responsive to our requests. There were seven of us ladies all together, each with different dietary restrictions, activity interests, and big personalities, but the staff it all in stride and always found a way to meet everyone's needs - not an easy task, but they did it with grace and competence.

Third, the resort amenities and available activities are outstanding. We played tennis, went to the gym, swam in our gorgeous infinity pool, splashed around in the turquoise ocean waters (which were the most perfect temperature of any Caribbean waters I've been in - totally refreshing and not too hot, but wonderfully warm), watched movies and the world cup in the private theater, played board games in the library, went snorkeling, had exquisite cocktails at the bar, took off sailing and went island hopping. That said, I could have just stayed in our villa and hung out on the beach the whole time and would have been perfectly content. Just depends on the kind of vacation you want to have.

Finally, the food was to die for. We had a personal chef in the villa who whipped up the most amazing, fresh and healthy meals everyday. The food never felt heavy, but was always incredibly tasty and satisfying. We also ate at the restaurant, which was also super duper delicious and a bit more decadent.

Everything, just everything, was perfect and totally dreamy! It was really the best vacation I have ever been on. Thank you Amanyara!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
4 Thank YTASF
boston, ma
Reviewed 29 July 2010

I went to Amanyara with some girlfriends for some much needed down time. The second I got there, I was taken from overly stressed to utterly peaceful. The resort melds with nature - and as soon as you drive in, you feel connected with one of the most beautiful places on earth. The beach is flawless, the staff is lovely and helpful, the rooms are simply elegant and luxurious, and the food is absolutely divine.

I sunk into the infinity pool on my first evening at Amanyara and my troubles melted away. The asain-inspired minimalism of the villas left me alone with my thoughts and my rest and the staff was so gracious and helpful, they knew my needs before I had them.

One night, we were lucky enough to eat our amazing dinner on the beach, tiki torches lining our entrance. I was on a trip with girlfriends, but as I told them, it was the most romantic setting i had ever been to. The sunset was a smeary pink, the ocean quietly lapped, the white linen tablecloth swayed in the warm breeze - it was as pretty as the prettiest tropical picture you could imagine.

I was at Amanyara for 4 amazing days. I could have stayed a month, but the instantaneous relaxation, beauty and awe that I felt made the length of my trip tolerable (plus it's just a hop skip and a jump from the east coast). I will definitely be coming back!

I could not recommend a more stupendous place to have a relaxing vacation. It was absolutely ideal.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Providenciales
Gansevoort Turks + Caicos
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,691 reviews
The Regent Grand
The Regent Grand
#10 of 45 in Providenciales

Been to Amanyara? Share your experiences!