-Only 3 hours from NYC, direct flights, no jetlag and no malaria/dengue
-Lovely beach, great for swimming, very close to amazing snorkeling
-friendly staff on the beach and by the pool
-quiet, relaxed and relaxing
-unresponsive service (we asked 4 times to have our room made up with 2 beds not one king, no one knew our names or room number)
-there is ongoing construction-near our room and on the beach club (maybe because we visited in October and they're getting ready for high season?)
-good but unmemorable food at high prices
-very spread out villas/pavilions requiring carts, bikes, or lots of walking
-ugly manmade 'pond view'
-the room wasn't light proof, so hard to sleep in if you're sensitive to light
-small gym, one of the two treadmills was broken
Some of my favorite trips have been to Aman resorts in Cambodia, Sri Lanka, and India. I knew Amanyara couldn't provide the same amazing cultural/adventure setting as other Aman's but had hoped for the same level of service and cuisine. Amanyara is a very nice resort--especially suited to romantic couples. I was traveling with a friend and the open bathroom and way the bed/beds are laid out didn't translate well. I emailed ahead and called saying that we were friends and wanted two beds and the hotel confirmed that, but we were shown to a room with a king. We asked again and were told the beds would be fixed at turn down. When we returned from dinner the bed was still a king and so we ended up waiting and then watching them change the bed into two twins. I wouldn't recommend this resort to anyone aside from romantic couples because of the bed layout. If I were traveling as a family, I wouldn't want to share one of these rooms with a sibling. Overall, it was a nice resort but lacked any Aman magic.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Amanyara is a secluded beachside resort situated on the coast of Northwest Point on the beautiful Providenciales in the Turks & Caicos Islands. The resort borders the pristine reefs of Northwest Point Marine National Park, acclaimed for some of the world's best wall and reef diving. With a contemporary layout and design, the timber-shingled Guest Pavilions and Aman Villas are tucked along the coast or situated inland on the edge of tranquil ponds. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Prestigia, MrandMrsSmith, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Amanyara reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Amanyara Hotel Providenciales
- Amanyara Resort Providenciales
- Amanyara Turks Caicos
- Amanyara Turks And Caicos/Providenciales