“Absolutely wonderful!”

Ranked #24 of 45 Hotels in Providenciales
Bristol, Tennessee
“Absolutely wonderful!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2012

This hotel was a special treat given to me by my husband. It is absolutely beautiful in a setting that must resemble heaven. The food was delicious and the staff outstanding . My only question would be more information on water activities. Splurge and go there!

Room Tip: Some of the rooms are located on a small lake, others on the ocean. I would recommend the ocean, ev...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Judylaus

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Westchester
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2012

This was an amazing place to stay on all counts - service, food, setting, accomodations. Knowing the reputation of the Aman hotels, I was expecting to be wowed, but my husband and I both felt that this property exceeded our expectations. Our needs were anticipated before we even had a chance to express them. We were there for four nights, and enjoyed every moment. The staff was friendly, eager to please, but also respectful of our privacy. There were a wide array of choices on the menu, and the food was fresh and delicious. The beach was pristine, the pools were inviting, and we loved the opportunity to use the luxurious movie theater when we needed to escape the sun for a bit. The tennis professional was terrific, and we thoroughly enjoyed our use of the spa, as well. Getting to Amanyara was very easy - a quick flight from NYC and then an extremely pleasant ride to the resort that set the tone for the rest of our stay.
While all the staff made us feel special, Emma, Giany and Rey impressed us with their warmth and can-do attitudes.

We've stayed in many beautiful resorts - Four Seasons Hawaii and St. Regis Bahia Beach to name two - and the Amanyara is at the top of our list.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Tracy J
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2012

Dont believe some of the reviews posted here especially from guests staying only for food, this place is spectacular.

The food is exceptional even at this level,they offered three types of Wagu beef and perhaps seven world class fish dishes, all of the food would be at or close to whats available in michelin starred restaurants.

The service is a good as anywhere in the US,Europe or Asia

The location and topography do mean its slightly isolated from the rest of islands, but thats also the attraction. We arranged a wonderful day trip that included canoeing in mangroves viewing small sharks,old indian caves with bats, eating at local restaurants and community cooperative shops and deserted beaches. Although not an adventure holiday complimentary snorkling and manta- boarding and nature walks etc are provided enough to keep cabin fever setting in for a week ( i think ten days would be a little much )

As for the price well considering the amount of staff quality of food and import costs associated with this level of isolation the costs are reasonable and comparative with other hotels at this level such as Six Senses hideaway resorts,some in the Maldives and South East Asia such as the Rayavedee which the Amanyara bests as a resort although theres more to do in some parts of the world.
If you can afford it you must.

Room Tip: Room with beach access ask if they can upgrade you
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank goofydentist
Toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2012

I can't imagine anything better than this. Yes, its very expensive. But if you can afford it, it is worth every penny.

Check in was smoother and more enjoyable than I have ever experienced (and I stay at a lot of hotels). The rooms (villas) are gorgeous and pristine. The food is outstanding. The amenities and second to none. The pool is breathtaking and the beach is outstanding.

But best of all is the service. Flawless.

Postscript -- Amanyara vs Parrot Cay.

On my previous trip to Turks, we stayed at Parrot Cay. Also a top notch resort. Also highly rated. But if I had to choose, I would choose Amanyara. The service was equally good at both properties, as was the food. I just found the facilities at Amanyara to be better -- buildings were nicer, pool was more to my liking, a bit more of a modern zen feel as opposed to the more colonial feel of Parrot Cay. However, if you are having a hard time deciding, I can assure you that you will be extremely happy with either choice. They are both outstanding.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Stevieray99
Milan, Italy
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2012

Wonderful hotel, perfect if you love to snorkel and dive (also for beginners) and for romantics

Positive:
- located in the most wild part of the island
- perfect for snorkel with an amazing beach for hotel guests only
- you can dive on the reef in front of the beach (5min by boat) into clear, warm and shallow water (very good visibility, no wet suit needed, no current) and see nurse sharks, turtles, lobsters, green murenas and plenty of fish
- wonderful design hotel and design of the spacious rooms
- no fake gardens but only local lush vegetation

Negative:
- there was a table built at ground level and huge crabs felt down every night (despite from the noise, they didn't managed to escape from this trap; we had to lift them up with a snorkel fin)
- not eco-friendly as far as I know
- food to be improved: breakfast and lunch very good but dinner one of the main point to be improved

I would suggest Amanyara for couples, snorkelers and divers (also for beginners), for a romantic and relaxing escape close to nature

PS: please apologize my poor english

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank TripNatureLover
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2012

If you are looking for a private, luxurious, stunningly beautiful oasis in the caribbean, Amanyara foots the bill across the board. There were some slight hiccups in service but nothing that would prevent me from staying again if given the chance.
My experience:
1) I easily found my driver at the airport. I was not brought to the resort in the range rovers as everyone mentions, but I believe its because we had a large group arriving at the same time so they needed to outsource. My driver Curtis was great and gave me all the information about Turks and Caicos that I could need.
2) The dirt road to get there is pretty rough but, it made your arrival into paradise all the more welcome. You are greeted on arrival by multiple resort staff and given a thorough tour of the grounds before being taken to your room via golf cart.
3) Our villa, 127, was excellent. All glass windows so at first you felt exposed, but we soon realized was completely hidden from view. A minor issue occured with the ceiling leaking onto our bed during the most intense thunderstorm the island has seen in years, but it was addressed immediately. We loved this particular location because just steps outside our door was a private ocean cove that we were able to take advantage of if we didn't want to go down to the main beach.
4) We spent a lot of time at the pool and main bar area. Amazing sunsets and you can even request one of the daybeds for viewing. Quiet, peaceful, and staff readily availble for ordering drinks etc. No worries about saving chairs; the place is small enough there is room for everyone without being crowded in any way. Aldwin makes the best mojito I've ever had so definitely order a few.
5) Food: We were there with a large group so some of our dinners were served as such. I have to say that portion sizes were uber small on one occasion and, the meal wasn't cooked as well as it should have been. For the price, the food should be excellent every time. And by price, some were jaw-dropping expensive, which is really just unneccesary given what you are paying to stay there. You kind of feel taken advantage of because they know once you are on property, you likely aren't to leave for many meals. $40 for a ham and cheese. $25 for a glass of wine. Yikes. The inclusion of the continental breakfast is nice and, you can order it to your room each morning if you wish at no extra charge. However, if you wanted eggs or bacon, you had to order an entire breakfast for $22. Make more items available a la carte! We did have meals that were great; the tuna ceviche, the shrimp tacos, the spaghettini, all delicious.
6) The whole "you never see a bill until checkout" concept seemed fine at first but, again, we were with a large group and were charged for almost $400 in items we didn't consume. We had to go through each receipt when we arrived home, which was annoying trying to remember if/when you had what. We even were charged for a couple of drinks that were offered up by the bar that we believed to be complimentary. Amanyara obliged and did not question anything; they removed all charges that were questionable but, if not presenting a bill each time is your concept, then get it right initially.
7) My pick-up to leave wasn't as smooth as I would have liked. They were 20 minutes late and only came after I called to inquire where they were.
8) On-site movie theater was a nice touch. They even put on the Ranger playoff game for our group as there were many interested in seeing the game.
9) More bikes are needed! We only were able to ride them once as everyone keeps them once they acquire them. Why not assign two bikes to every villa so everyone has one?

Overall, Amanyara is an amazing place. It's beauty is stunning and is very luxurious. Small improvements to service could make this place over the top.

Tip #1: If I were you, I would spring for the private VIP airport service. Basically all the flights leave and arrive at the same time, so the airport is insane. Don't expect to get through security and sit down for lunch. You'll barely be able to buy a bottle of water because there is only one place to do so, and everyone will be in that line.
Tip #2: The Conch Shack was recommended by many locals, and it lived up to the hype. Awesome local food and rum punch. Go.

Room Tip: Don't spring for the pool villa; you'll have no views of the ocean. #127 was perfect.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
7 Thank tripchick99
washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2012

Amanyara sets an entirely new bar for luxury. You'll find no crowds, no fussiness, no in-your-face branding. From the architecture, to the service, to the overall experience -- every detail has been carefully considered. It is definitely pricey, but you get what you pay for. I can't wait to take my boys there someday!

Room Tip: You cannot go wrong, but since the pavilions are fairly spread out, try to reserve a spot close to m...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank teamzambi
Also consider these accommodations in or near Providenciales
Gansevoort Turks + Caicos
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,665 reviews
The Regent Grand
The Regent Grand
#7 of 45 in Providenciales

Been to Amanyara? Share your experiences!