“Watched the best sunset”
Review of Amanyara

Amanyara
Ranked #22 of 44 Hotels in Providenciales
Reviewed 26 October 2012 via mobile

I came here for an afternoon drink in the bar, and watched one of the best sunsets ever. Despite to pricey drinks, the atmosphere was certainly worth it.

Location was secluded (great) although road to get there was rather bumpy!

• Stayed: November 2011

Reviewed 24 October 2012

You will thoroughly enjoy your stay here! The Ocean View pavilions are private and the ambiance wonderful. If you are looking for a peaceful retreat, this is it ~

If you've stayed at other Aman Resorts, this location does not disappoint. There are many activities if you want them; snorkeling, paddle boards, water sports and spa facility. Our Pilates session was excellent.

All pavilions have a combined living room/bedroom area separated by a wooden screen. The large baths include two sinks, rain showers and bath tub. There are a couple of dining choices or they can provide room service. The dining is incredible, freshest seafood with wonderful accompaniments and the service first class.

Our travel consultant, Donna Salerno Travel designed our package, included air, accommodations, transfers, meal plan and so much more. A real pleasure to work with and has been in the business for many years. She has contacts with the property and they helped with all our needs during our stay.

We connected thru MIA, and it was a short 25 minute flight over to Providenciales. The over all experience was definitely worth the extra cost for this trip. Can't wait to return to the spa!

Room Tip: Ocean view pavilion is recommended ~
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Smyth_Travels247
Reviewed 10 October 2012

I had always heard about the Aman properties like some mythical unicorn but I had never stayed at one of their properties until now. I had been told that once you stay at an Aman property, its hard to not stay at them. I have stayed at some pretty unbelievable properties but my stay at the Amanyara was incredible. I now "get it".

The service far and away exceeds the service at any other property. No one ever says no, they just make it happen. Sometimes, before I even knew what I wanted. As I was leaving the sailboat, Percy was standing with a scented wet towel, my umbrella/lounge chair were constantly moved to shield me from the sun, the hotel manager who saw me dining by myself joined me for dinner and then said dinner was on him, I "hitched" a ride from one of the maintence crew when I went down the wrong path to my room, my clothes were magically sent to my room and the list continues.

The general service is also outstanding. I love a resort that brings treats while I am laying at the beach. I don't want to ruin the element of surprise but they come around to cleaning your sunglasses just shows the above and beyond mentality.

Jet Blue offers direct flights so getting to the property is easy. Leave by 9 am and you are on the beach by 1. The hotel is about a 10 minute drive from the airport when you don't take the scenic route. I never once heard a plane. Somehow, the hotel has managed to make even the planes disappear. The ease of getting to the property is a real advantage versus sitting on a boat for an additonal 45 minutes.

The rooms are simply exquisite. The mini bar minus alcohol is included. Fruit and water are always in the room. The hotel provides flip flops, a beach bag, suntan lotion and after-suntan care so you can easily carry on your luggage. I had the "basic" pond view. It was far from basic and I enjoyed having a change of scenery from the ocean. It is simply beautiful. The rooms are spacious and designed in a modern asian style. It is the same architect as the Setai Miami. (The guests are very different.)

The activities are great. Snorkeling, sailing and priviate tennis and yoga instruction are all included. The hotel had a lovely cocktail reception with drinks and snacks for the guests to mingle. A really nice touch. There is a fabulous screening room with popcorn to watch movies if it rains or in the evening. The beach is pristine and private. There is no negotiating for a lounge, an umbrella or even a front row seat to see the ocean nor are you on top of another person.

The food is expensive. If the hotel offers a rate with food included than I highly recommend it since food can run about $200/day per person without drinks. The food was delicious but $60+ for lobster seems crazy to me. I thought the breakfast menu could use a bit of tweaking. For such an incredible resort, the buffet was uninspiring. But again, the staff and service were amazing.

The spa is beautiful but for a $250 massage, there should be a sauna, steam room and something special. The massage was great but it was to me, a run of the mill massage. The above and beyond did not seem to extend to the spa. These are minor comments.

This hotel is incredible and I highly recommend it. I cannot imagine staying anywhere else in Turks and Caicos. Thank you for a wonderful stay.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
8  Thank Intrepidtraveler53
Reviewed 9 October 2012

An absolutely stunning location, private setting with incredible staff and management. From the moment we stepped foot on the property until the moment we left we were hosted by the Amanyara family. Each and every interaction with the members of the team was outstanding. They work and live in such a fantastic place and they really make you feel like you a part of something very very special. The property is immaculate, with views at every turn. The layout of the rooms are thoughtful and keep every guest as comfortable as possible. You will not want to leave. We spent 7 nights in a wonderful pavilion with a small beach and beautiful point right outside the room to catch the sunset. Room 126 was an absolute dream. The hospitality, food and beverages were fantastic. The focus on asian inspired cuisine as well as local and european fare was enough to keep any foodie in heaven for a week. We loved how they introduced us to the menu and a "template" to dinning. Basically they will make whatever you want if they can. With over 15 chefs from all over the world, they have everything covered. The lamb chops i had twice were some of the best i have had in my life. The crazy guys in the kitchen are drop dead serious about food.
The beach is also amazing, they have carved out a private beach with everything you could ever want. Comfortable chairs, covered with umbrellas, with the beach only a quick walk down the softest sand in the Caribbean. The water is stunning, clear, warm, clean. Not a stich of anything unnatural in the water except for 2 dive and snorkeling boats. Drinks, food, and a cold towel are only a nod away. The folks at the beach even taught my wife how to paddle board. They were out on the water with her making sure she got it down. Theses folks go above and beyond whenever they can. I have never seen a single spirit of excellence run thru so many people. Aman is incredible.

Even though this was of the most expensive trip i have ever take, I obviously loved my trip and fell in love with the experience. It feels good to spend money on something when you get value in exchange. This is one of those rare times everyone should splurge. You will not be disappointed. Aman, thank you for making this an amazing experience i cant wait to have again soon!

Room Tip: Ocean front is my vote. Anything with a view and access to the rocks.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sukhi S
Reviewed 30 September 2012

I went to Amanyara after some very stressful and strenuous business challenges were completed. I needed a place that was easy to get to from Miami. I had stayed at Parrot Cay before but always wanted to try Amanyara. It was so beautiful and so peaceful but of course its the service at the Aman resorts that really surpasses all expectations.

And for the Caribbean this means a lot. Geographically the Caribbean has some beautiful places but its always hard to find gracious genuine service.

The service at Amanyara was discreet and excellent at the same time. I loved my beautiful privately secluded Pavillion. I splurged for direct beach access and never left my Pavillion except to go to dinner or the spa.

One disappointment was that the spa had no steam room or sauna. I indulge in a lot of spa when I travel and genuinely get healing benefits from it. I am particularly interested in detoxification and stress release. For me steaming before a treatment especially a detox wrap or massage is essential to open the pores and stimulate the lymph system to start the process of releasing toxic congestion in the body. I had booked a lot of treatments before my arrival and was stunned to find out there was no steam or sauna or relaxation room. This is definitely not up to Aman standards.

The team however responded immediately to my disappointment and offered to prepare detox baths for me before my treatments. Not exactly the same as steam but it certainly helped open my pores and prepare for the treatments. I really appreciated this. They also said that there are plans in the future to add a steam room to this property. I will definitely return as soon as there is a steam room.

Another incredible anecdote of my stay at Amanyara: For my last night on Providenciales I had booked into The Gansevoort where I was meeting friends and would enjoy the DJ playing that evening. I was scheduled to fly out the next day. I had requested some special tempur foam pillows during my stay at Amanyara which were of course waiting for me in my Pavillion when I arrived. As I was departing Amanyara in the private van (on my way to The Gansevoort) the staff brought these two huge white bags to the trunk of the van. They told me they were transferring my special tempur pillows to The Gansevoort with me since the The Gansevoort didn't have these types (they had called ahead to ask) of pillows. They wanted me to have the right pillows for my last night on the island. They said they had already organized with the housekeeping dept of The Gansevoort to pick them up the next day.

This was the most amazing thing a hotel has ever done for me and I have stayed in a lot of hotels around the world! Bravo Aman! Keep it up! I look forward to visiting Amanpulo in the Philippines this November!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
5  Thank BambinaRosa
Reviewed 9 September 2012 via mobile

Incredible Food, beach, service and Incredible location, buildings etc. any non included amenities are hopelessly exorbitant. As an example, a half day of SCUBA is over 1000. And transportation off the resort is 99 each way.

• Stayed: August 2012
11  Thank arontendler
Reviewed 7 September 2012

We absolutely loved Amanyara!

This is a fabulous piece of paradise at the far end of Provo that is so incredibly wonderful that it is hard to describe. The service was AAA, the food was excellent but, most of all, the water had amazing colors of blue and turquoise. Definitely stay here if you want the absolute best in service and in excellence; very high end.

There is pure romance everywhere you walk and privacy is paramount. We were on the beach every day even though we thought we originally weren't beach people. Seven days was the perfect amount of time to be perfectly pampered. The spa services are excellent. The staff is excellent and are at your beck and call. The rooms are private, quiet and divine with three walls of pure glass. We had our own private beach as well, just a few steps outside of our door. We saw movies in the large screening room and relished our privacy and fresh popcorn.

Just be sure that you stay seven days so your dining is included. If not, you are likely to double your bill with some entrees at $60.

We can't say enough about this fabulous entity. We are now Aman junkies and are already looking into staying at another Aman property this December.

Kudos to all involved during our stay the last week in August!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple