“Probably a great hotel but don't bother visiting for Dinner”
Review of Amanyara

Amanyara
Ranked #20 of 44 Hotels in Providenciales
Reviewed 6 December 2012

We didn't stay at Amanyara but we had dinner there one night while staying elsewhere on the island. Its a bit of a trek to the hotel down a pot hole covered road but it seems the hotel like to keep it that way to add to the isolation feeling. The hotel is spectacular with walkways across a pool connecting central buildings for the bar and restuarant. Service was amazing during the meal and the food was good but not great. The gnocchi was disappointing as a starter but the main courses of swordfish and lamb were an improvement. Desserts were OK but I've had better elsewhere on TCI. Overall a disappointment as the food doesnt match the setting or the price.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MaxBethune

Reviewed 5 December 2012

Place is amazing, it's definitely a 5 point rating, however i only gave it 3 because unfortunately, the biggest memory that sticks out about my vacation is the last memory, checkout.

I'd already paid them over 10k for the vacation, and at check out my credit card was blocked when they tried to process another payment, they said it's common practice for this to happen because it's a rare place to be spending such a large amount of money so bank auto fraud blocks kick in.

Granted I was 20 years younger then the average vacationer that visits Amanyara, but they made me feel very uncomfortable, first the guy I was checking out with told me that I could pay later. Then the women at cashier said that's not possible I have to pay now before leaving. I'd already given them 10k and they didn't trust me to pay them the rest the day later, they messed me about for a while then came up with this ridiculous scenario that I had to deal with, one week later i'm on the phone to them on hold dealing with this mess still.

Thank you for leaving this wonderful memory of chaos at the end of our amazing holiday, which unfortunately is the most memorable.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
11  Thank SurfNTurf-ohyeah
Reviewed 2 December 2012

We stayed in one of the amazing three bedroom villas on the property. We were picked up at the Providenciales airport by our hotel driver, who was friendly and informative about the island and resort. Our villa was staffed with a full time butler and cook. They went above and beyond with their attentiveness and willingness to please. As other reviewers have said even when the resort is full you feel as if you are the only guests. Our Villa came with two golf carts for the six of us and plenty of bikes. It is very laid back and yet beyond first class at the same time. My husband said it is totally spoiled us for any other beach resort vacation, he is right.

Room Tip: Villas are fabulous if you traveling with other couples.
2  Thank Laserglo
Reviewed 1 December 2012

Incredibly relaxing place. Staff is fantastic. Food is delicious. We stayed in a beach pavillon. Once you walk down the path to your building you you feel like you're the only guests at the resort. Even in common areas there is so much space and staff that you feel a sense of privacy. We went into town to see Grace Bay and couldn't wait to get back to Amanyara. Very unique property and highly recommended. One area for improvement is the bicycle fleet. They need to maintain them better. Many are missing grips tires under-inflated etc. And they should assign bikes to each pavillon; it's fun to roam around the property on them.

Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 November 2012

If you can visualize all of the things that would make up your perfect romantic getaway, that dream becomes reality at Amanyara. After our second stay here, it will now become an annual event. Hotel management under Joshua, the GM, Sven and Jana was top notch. Any request was met with immediate service. We asked for snorkeling gear and within 5 minutes it was delivered to our pavilion. Extra towels, bucket of ice, a plate of freshly sliced limes, just minutes away.

Kudos also to Gianey, for making us feel right at home with some delicious infusion cocktails he created himself.

What really sets this resort apart is the staff. At most caribbean resorts including many we have visited at Grace Bay, one expects to deal with a certain level of complacency and indifference that seems ingrained in so many of the local workers. Not at Amanyara. Every staff member we encountered during our stay was polite, courteous, and genuinely concerned with the needs of the guests. It is refreshing to find so many happy faces at every turn ready to please.

Food and beverage was exceptional. We especially loved the mix of traditional caribbean favorites and seafood, along with the amazing Thai menu. Don't miss the lobster curry! Also, the new brick over pizza bar was outstanding.

Overall, this is the best romantic getaway we have visited to date in the Caribbean. Don't second guess based on cost. It is a bit more than some other Grace bay resorts that "try" for luxury. But this is the real deal, and they have worked hard to earn their fabulous reputation as a premium luxury boutique resort.

We are looking forward to trying the new Viceroy in Anguilla with the kids for spring break, and the new Ritz at Dorado Beach, but the bar has been set quite high by Amanyara!

Thanks again to all the amazing staff for helping to make yet another amazing vacation! See you next fall....

Room Tip: Ocean pavilions are the best!
Reviewed 15 November 2012

We spent the first two nights of our honeymoon here and I can not say enough about this resort.
It was beyond amazing from the second we got picked up by the white Land Rover at the airport with cold water and eucalyptus scented cold towels.

We stayed in an Ocean Pavilion and I can not imagine a more gorgeous, well-designed room...an all glass pavilion overlooking the ocean with a huge rain shower, tub in the room, heavenly bed, stocked mini-bar. It was heavenly.

The service was beyond anything that I have ever experienced, every single person I encountered was helpful, kind and went above and beyond. I really can not say enough about the service and everyone that works at the Amanyara.

The grounds are so peaceful, quiet and gorgeous. The food is BEYOND delicious, but should be noted is quite expensive, average price of entrees is over $50 and appetizers $30.

All in all, I can not recommend this resort enough, it is a must-see, a must-stay and a world-class experience.

Tip: Check out the free yoga class overlooking the water. Perfect start to your day.

Reviewed 4 November 2012

I spent a long weekend at Amanyara for my 40th birthday with my husband. It was everything I hoped for in luxury, beauty, amenities, and fine cuisine. We opted for a place with an ocean view as opposed to one with a pool. I HIGHLY recommend this. Not only was it $200 less a night, but you cannot beat waking up to the gorgeous views and ocean breeze a stone's throw from your bedroom. We were fortunate enough to have a room with a private cove. We were only a few steps away from rainbow colored fish and great snorkeling. The staff even set up chairs and meals on our "private beach" for us which made us feel like we were in our own private paradise. I highly recommend the free boat rides out to snorkel around the island too. The views are amazing. For meals, make sure to opt for the all inclusive pkg. The food is decent for breakfast and lunch, excellent for dinner but extremely expensive (unreasonable) if you were to opt for a la carte. We made the mistake of checking out before lunch on our last day and a meal of crab cakes and an individual pizza and two drinks was $200. Another tip I recommend is to bring a bottle of your liking to mix with the sodas and juice they provide in the room. We packed some rum to carry us through our trip, as cocktails are not included in the all inclusive pkg. and are quite expensive. Finally, if you go in Sept. you must keep in mind that the resort is overrun with Victorias Secret photo shoot people and models. Had we not had a private grotto for swimming and sunbathing, I would not have been as happy with my trip. They took over the beach during the day and bar at night. Not exactly the way a 40 yr old woman wants to spend a birthday!! So, in summary, I highly recommend the Amanyara if you want a high class getaway far from civilization. It is a real jewel.

Room Tip: Get an ocean view room.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank popartpooch
Also consider these accommodations in or near Providenciales
The Palms, Turks and Caicos
The Regent Grand
The Regent Grand
#6 of 44 in Providenciales
COMO Parrot Cay, Turks and Caicos

Been to Amanyara? Share your experiences!