“WOW. IN A LEAGUE OF ITS OWN!”
Review of Amanyara

Amanyara
Ranked #20 of 45 Hotels in Providenciales
new york
“WOW. IN A LEAGUE OF ITS OWN!”
Reviewed 11 June 2014

This has to be the most beautiful hotel in the Caribbean. Unique, sexy, fantastic setting. The pavilions ( their term for rooms ) are all the same, the views differ. Food, service, everything is perfect!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Edison, New Jersey
Reviewed 10 June 2014

I read every single trip advisor review before booking -- and after traveling there for myself this past May 2014, I have to say, it was an experience everyone should have once & I cannot wait to go back! I was worried after reading negative reviews about the "black clouds", I did NOT SEE ONE!!

I owe the credit for this unforgettable trip to the outstanding employees that are just so kind and helpful. I witnessed them go above and beyond for their guests multiple times during my 7 day stay - including getting into the ocean to help a senior citizen snorkel off the beach for the first time in 10 years - helping a couple carry their big 8-10 year old sleeping child back to their room after dinner!! The quality of the pristine beach, fine dining, ocean view pavilion, and the SPA (harmony massage/acupressure facial) were out of this world! Even the towels were fluffy & amazing. Waking up to that amazing ocean view, and sitting outside to eat my delicious breakfast was the best part of the day :)

Thank you to the incredible Aman staff for making our trip one to remember for a lifetime. We'll be back!

Room Tip: most ocean view pavilions have a private (sometimes shared) cove.
1 Thank lisa m
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Reviewed 6 June 2014

The food is exceptional for a hotel both in taste and presentation. The service in the hotel overall is excellent. They have just the right balance between formality and friendliness. The cocktails are original, if not a tad weak on the on the alcohol side. Ask for a double. The beach is outstanding and rode the stand up paddle first day.

New York
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Unequivocally the best hotel in the Caribbean. Everything from the food, the beach, the service and the accommodation is top notch. We have vacationed at all of the top-rated Caribbean hotels and Amanyara is unparalleled. This hotel is definitely geared more towards couples or adult groups, not towards children.

The beaches are gorgeous and unspoiled. Each ocean front pavilion has its own private cove wherein you can access the ocean. We spent most of the trip swimming in front of our own private beach. Unlike most Caribbean resorts where the beaches are littered with people, at Amanyara the main beach is private to the hotel and very quiet. If you are interested in watersports, Amanyara privates hobbie cats, paddle boards and kayaks free of charge, as well as daily snorkeling trips to their local reef.

The head chef and his staff are superb. My husband and I are vegan and keep to a strict diet, and the kitchen staff was incredibly accommodating and adept at making vegan cuisine. Each night they prepared a feast for us, which included some of the best dishes I’ve ever eaten. I was blown away. The lunch menu also includes several raw food items which were delicious.

The concierge staff at the hotel are terrific and on-point with catering to their guests. We could not ask for better service.

On a final note, we booked through our travel agent, Jazz Coble at Ultimate Jet Vacations, who arranged the entire itinerary for us and secured us a much better deal than was offered on the Amanyara website. I don’t typically book through travel agents, but I was incredibly impressed by the level of service that Jazz provided as well as the discounted rates she was able to provide. I will definitely use Jazz again, as well as visit Amanyara again.

Room Tip: Chose an ocean front pavillon. It is worth the cost to have your own private beachfront access. I...
2 Thank ebny
New York
Reviewed 29 May 2014

This resort is very special. It is unlike any place else I've ever stayed. The pavilion accommodations (we stayed in Ocean Pavilions 122 and 123) are like wooden gazebos with sliding-glass window/walls. You are utterly engulfed in the surrounding landscape ... in our case with a view out to the impossibly blue waters off the northwest coast of Providenciales. Our two pavilions were connected by a walking path, and both had access to a rocky (but glorious) shoreline. In the case of 123, we could swim in a little rocky grotto surrounded by zen-like stacks of stone. The view is to the west, so the morning sun is gentle and the sunsets are glorious. The main amenities of the resort are a short stroll (or grab one of their many, charming bicycles) away. We used the infinity pool -- which has 3 "salas" for particularly glamorous poolside relaxation and waiter service. We dined in the main dining room (seafood and thai are the specialties, but other options are available; service is solicitious; views incomparable; sommelier skilled; one night there was live music, which was beautiful and relaxing), at the beach club and, once, in a private setting on a rocky outcropping as the sun went down (saw the mythic green flash!). That last one is a memory I will treasure. Words can't describe. The resort beach is a long strip of white sand facing the extraordinary blue water just feet away from the famous offshore "wall" into the abyss. We went scuba diving twice, using a company recommended by Amanyara, and only had to travel a few minutes to get to the remarkable diving sites. We snorkeled as well. Amanyara also hooked us up with a horseback riding outfit for riding in the surf ... that's a car ride away, but Amanyara arranged it all for us ... easy as pie. The staff at Amanyara is lovely, friendly, and helpful, and the setting is designed for maximum relaxation. We loved it.

Room Tip: We loved our Ocean pavilions (122 and 123).
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Zularaz
Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Before I begin, I should tell you that we LOVE the Amans. This was our eight Aman and we were at the Amanpulo 13 months ago. We loved our nine-day stay at Amanyara. While it wasn’t a totally perfect resort (nothing is), for us, it was still heaven on earth.

It’s a beautifully designed resort that gave us privacy even in the public areas. The staff, from both T&C and around the world, provided fantastic service with an international feel. Over our stay, people began feeling like family for us. The food in the two restaurants was delicious and they had an amazing wine list. (Prior to arriving here, we stayed on two French islands, the hotels made morning pain au chocolat with only one strip of chocolate. Here, the kitchen included two strips of chocolate in their pain au chocolat. Of course, this is a small thing, but it shows the attention to details with food.) We felt that we received excellent and beautifully prepared food for our money. The chef even prepared special dishes for us. Their exercise room, with a great private Pilate’s studio, gave us everything we needed. Finally, they offered an amazing pool area where you look out at the ocean over the infinity pool – especially wonderful when the wind gets strong at the beach and sand blows in your eyes.

We’ve never found anything in life that was perfect. Yes, the rooms were the smallest we’ve stayed in for an Aman; this made it frustrating when figuring out how to put everything away. While the beach was OK, it neither had soft sand nor easy surf for entering or leaving the water. Other than these two areas, everything else was lovely and we were totally contented with this amazing hotel.

In summary, we hope to return to this special resort on a regular basis. And hope that you have as wonderful a time as we did.

2 Thank Beth L E
West Hollywood, California
Reviewed 14 May 2014

I recently stayed at Amanyara to assist with a destination event held there. I've never experienced the level of service and care I experienced there. From the greeting at the airport, to the massage I had, to the rooms, I was treated like the most important of guests. The property and beaches are photo-ready!
I (happily) changed rooms 3 times to accommodate other guests, and experienced a single (private pavilion), a suite, and a pavilion with an outdoor shower and bath. All had their own special features, but if you get to experience the suite with its private pool and workout room, I highly recommend it.
I write volumes, but suffice to say, if I EVER got the opportunity to return, I would in a heartbeat. My thanks to the staff at Amanyara...can I PLEASE get an Amayara cooler now?

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Michael K
Also consider these accommodations in or near Providenciales
Gansevoort Turks + Caicos
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,691 reviews
The Regent Grand
The Regent Grand
#10 of 45 in Providenciales

Been to Amanyara? Share your experiences!