“Aman Ya Man”

and 1 more site!
Amanyara
Ranked #16 of 44 Hotels in Providenciales
Reviewed 23 July 2010

I am an avid reader of Trip Advisor reviews although I rarely submit my own reviews. However, after reading a completely unfair review of Amanyara by an obnoxious and spoiled guest who was staying at the hotel while I was (and who caused a scene wherever he went, I guess his "mommy" wasn't there to help him), I felt I needed to add my two cents.

My wife and I celebrated our 20th anniversary at Amanyara in May. Very simply, you cannot ask for a more beautiful, more romantic, more serene, more accomodating resort than Amanyara. EVERYTHING is perfect about it. The beach is glistening. The pool is spectacularly elegant. The food is delicious. The staff is friendly, courteous and helpful.

Does all of this come at a high price? Yes. But, if you and your spouse/significant other can afford it, Amanyara will provide you with one of the most memorable and relaxing vacations you will ever have.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
5  Thank gstrauss
There are newer reviews for Amanyara

Reviewed 21 July 2010

Amanyara was absolutely amazing! I love how it's elegant architectural design is delicately woven into the stunning natural beauty of the Turks and Caicos. From the moment the friendly Amanyara staff picked me up from the airport with fresh scented towels, cold water and a music menu I began relaxing into the amazing calm that is still with me a week after my return.

It is not just the crystal clear water, lush greenery, and beautiful natural life that surrounds Amanyara that makes it so special but the extraordinarily warm and attentive staff. One night the restaurant staff prepared a beautiful private dinner on the beach at sunset, with a fantastic menu and the most delicious oysters I have ever eaten, followed by a bonfire where we roasted marshmellows and made smores! Another evening the staff prepared an elegant poolside dinner followed by an amazing dance performance by a local African dance group. However unique and special you wish your trip to be the staff will help you make it a reality!

Amanyara posses the unique gift of being a place where you can choose to relax and let your stress melt away or excite your senses with fantastic snorkeling, swimming, boating, tennis, and entertainment. There are also nearby trips available to surrounding islands where you can enjoy the company of Iguanas or hang out at a local conch shack and have the best conch fritters you have ever dreamed of! Having driven across the island and looked at all the large hotels awkwardly standing out against the coast, I am deeply grateful for the serene and intimate experience I had at Amanyara. I believe it seamlessly captures the essence of an island vacation and I cannot recommend it highly enough!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends
4  Thank MissTravel2
Reviewed 19 July 2010

Wow, Amanyara is truly heaven on earth! It is set in a nature preserve in one of the most beautiful places in the Caribbean. The rooms and architecture were stunning, the food was so elegant, refreshing and delicious and the staff was unbelievable.

We rented a private villa and had the most amazing time. Every time I turned around, clean towels were laid out on the deck chairs, a fresh mojito awaited or someone was arriving with a tray full of delicious goodies. The staff made the whole experience so fantastic that we did not have to worry (or even think) about anything. One night while watching a movie in the living room, one of the staff surprised us by delivery freshly popped popcorn and drinks!

The white sand beaches and turquoise waters were pristine. When we wanted to go sailing or snorkeling, all we had to do was run down to the beach and someone was there to set us up.

Amanyara has amazing facilities too, with luxurious pool-side lounging, a fully equipped gym, 2 tennis courts with private instructors, a beach club for snacking, a bar with gorgeous elevated ceilings, a movie theatre that can be rented for private viewings and an elegant restaurant serving the best French-island cuisine.

If you are looking for an unbelievable, beautiful, relaxing experience then Amayara is the place.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends
2  Thank travelbugslife
Reviewed 18 July 2010

A stunning resort, you are driven on this dirt road and then come to an amazing entrance, very stunning, beautiful pool with great ocean views and amazing service, the rooms are all free standing and are very modern and glass walled with electric shades that come down, if you are looking for classic caribbean look wrong place to be, the rooms depending on which you are in have a sliver of ocean view and you cannot walk from room onto the beach, you enter by the pool area, i wish the rooms had more expansive ocean views and could walk onto beach, the food was excellent mostly asian flavors so if that is not your taste may not be happy, the food is all ala carte and expensive and service was excellent, meals one day were over 400$ for two though i thought portions were fine. The beach is the only slight disappointment, its nice but small - they have a beautiful beach bar. The staff is there whenever you need them. Its a great getaway but very very expensive for the room and the food.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
6  Thank flierm
Reviewed 9 July 2010

If you are stressed, overworked and need to get away -then the peaceful, relaxing and overall perfect Amanyara is the place for you! This resort is unlike any other- a place of calm, soothing water, white beaches, natural environment, beautiful infinity pool excellent food, private pavillion on the beach and awesome service. The design and lay out of the resort and all building as been done with such care and attention to detail that it really works on making you feel at peace with the entire environment.
Highly recommend this wonderful place.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Travelers-4MA
Reviewed 27 June 2010

We stayed at Amanyara for 5 nights on the spring into summer package. I was nervous about making these arrangements after reading all of these reviews.

Whatever! We had the most amazing stay. First of all, the staff members were ALL fabulous. Our thoughts were that anybody who complains about the staff at this resort needs to reevaluate their inner being. Seriously. We were treated only with respect and kindness. We literally couldn't take a step without being brought cold towels and fresh cold water. They remembered everything about us and adjusted everything to our preference. We came back to the room one night to find rose petals on our bed. We had a bottle of champagne waiting the first night we arrived. Our minibar was stocked any time we asked.

We got upgraded from a pond pavillion to an ocean pavillion. My best advice would be to splurge for the ocean room--it really changed our vacation. We had a little sandy beach outside of the room (thats right, we had to--gasp--walk over some rocks to reach the sand) that we snorkelled and swam from daily. We actually would swim from our beach to the resort beach and then golf cart back to the room. You can do whatever you want there!

Do not come to Amanyara if you need nightlife and constant entertainment. Don't get me wrong, there is a lot to do, so much that we didn't get around to most of their offered activities. DO come to Amanyara if you want to completely chill, swim in beautiful water, see fantastic ocean life, read a book, be with your spouse, drink good wine, eat great food. There is a nice gym, tennis pros willing to play tennis with you anytime, movies on a large movie screen every night, daily snorkelling trips by boat, hobie cats, ocean kayaks. The pool is beautiful. When I was looking into this vacation I worried about renting a car or leaving the resort, but we really didn't need to.

The inclusive food deal ("spring into summer") was key. We had some really incredible breakfasts and dinners. You can order anything you want. I enjoyed everything I ate, and I am a foodie. I highly recommend the traditional Asian entrees, they were fantastic.

So in summary: I was skeptical about this place, and it exceeded by far all expectations. Have a great time!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank sparky207
Reviewed 30 May 2010

Pros: Clean, nice architecture.

Cons: Cost, low value for your money, lack of activities, oblivious staff, location, the sprawl of the resort. (I asked to rent a golf cart from one of the unreserved villas and they told me no. why not make a guest happy with an unused golf cart?) The walk to the beach is 15 min in blazing sun. Boring menu. Zero respect for the sheer amount of money you are spending!!!!

My mother stayed at the Amankora in Bhutan and said it was one of the most beautiful and well run hotels she has ever been to. Automatically we booked a room at Amanyara based on my mother's experience. Firstly I booked an beach front villa, they then confirmed me in a pond view pavilion! So I asked for a change and they offered me an ocean front pavilion. It is important to note that ocean front doesn't mean beach access. We had to call for a golf cart to pick us up if we wanted to go anywhere.

We tried to arrange for massages the day we arrived and we were told they were fully booked. How can you have a resort with a spa that can only accommodate 2 people? We then decided to enjoy the beautiful water so we asked if we could go diving. Guess what, they said NO!. Once again fully booked. When 1 person cancelled the dive master came to our chairs and said he had one last available seat. I said no thanks you since we are a couple and would like to do this together. His answer, NICE! He then stormed off. As if he was doing me a favor!I don't understand the concept that I have to guess when I want a massage or to go scuba diving two months before I arrive just to get a reservation for these activities.

Our original idea was to get Married at the Aman but we were so put off by their lack of effort to accommodate anything we wanted to do. I mentioned this to the wedding coordinator who seemed not to care. When I said I don't think we will marry here, she spun on her heels and walked off saying ok, no problem. Not even a question as to why we changed our minds. They just lost potentially hundreds of thousands of dollars for a top notch wedding there and she didn't even care, as if people are waiting in line to get married there.

The entire resort is too spread out, lacks even the most basic activities and is located on the wrong side of the island which is still unpaved 5 years into the hotel's existence.

Finally the people staying at the resort all looked like they saved all their pennies for this trip. Not to be elitist but they belong a Sandals not an Aman resort.

Skip it, go to Parrot Cay. We will never go back. I would be amazingly surprised if they survive another 5 years.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
16  Thank Giovanni T
Also consider these accommodations in or near Providenciales
The Palms, Turks and Caicos
The Regent Grand
The Regent Grand
#6 of 44 in Providenciales
COMO Parrot Cay, Turks and Caicos

Been to Amanyara? Share your experiences!