“Elegance, tranquility and beauty everywhere.”
Review of Amanyara

Amanyara
Ranked #15 of 44 Hotels in Providenciales
San Francisco, California
“Elegance, tranquility and beauty everywhere.”
Reviewed 29 July 2010

I recently stayed at an ocean front villa at Amanyara for five nights with a group of girlfriends to celebrate a milestone birthday. It was the most luxurious and relaxing vacation I have ever taken, so I felt like I had to write my first trip advisor review (long-time reader, first time writer!). I really loved everything about the place, but I'll try to highlight what stood out the most.

First, the architecture of Amanyara is just spectacular and truly elegant. The aesthetic is very modern, minimalist, and well tailored to the natural environment of the Turks and Caicos. You don't feel like you are in a resort at all, you feel like you are in zen heaven! The villas are totally private and the environment is so calm and quiet that you can't help but relax.

Second, the service is impeccable. I haven't had a lot of experiences where staff are available to attend to your every need, but I sure got used to it quick! I found everyone who worked at the resort to be genuinely kind, friendly, flexible and responsive to our requests. There were seven of us ladies all together, each with different dietary restrictions, activity interests, and big personalities, but the staff it all in stride and always found a way to meet everyone's needs - not an easy task, but they did it with grace and competence.

Third, the resort amenities and available activities are outstanding. We played tennis, went to the gym, swam in our gorgeous infinity pool, splashed around in the turquoise ocean waters (which were the most perfect temperature of any Caribbean waters I've been in - totally refreshing and not too hot, but wonderfully warm), watched movies and the world cup in the private theater, played board games in the library, went snorkeling, had exquisite cocktails at the bar, took off sailing and went island hopping. That said, I could have just stayed in our villa and hung out on the beach the whole time and would have been perfectly content. Just depends on the kind of vacation you want to have.

Finally, the food was to die for. We had a personal chef in the villa who whipped up the most amazing, fresh and healthy meals everyday. The food never felt heavy, but was always incredibly tasty and satisfying. We also ate at the restaurant, which was also super duper delicious and a bit more decadent.

Everything, just everything, was perfect and totally dreamy! It was really the best vacation I have ever been on. Thank you Amanyara!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
4 Thank YTASF

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
boston, ma
Reviewed 29 July 2010

I went to Amanyara with some girlfriends for some much needed down time. The second I got there, I was taken from overly stressed to utterly peaceful. The resort melds with nature - and as soon as you drive in, you feel connected with one of the most beautiful places on earth. The beach is flawless, the staff is lovely and helpful, the rooms are simply elegant and luxurious, and the food is absolutely divine.

I sunk into the infinity pool on my first evening at Amanyara and my troubles melted away. The asain-inspired minimalism of the villas left me alone with my thoughts and my rest and the staff was so gracious and helpful, they knew my needs before I had them.

One night, we were lucky enough to eat our amazing dinner on the beach, tiki torches lining our entrance. I was on a trip with girlfriends, but as I told them, it was the most romantic setting i had ever been to. The sunset was a smeary pink, the ocean quietly lapped, the white linen tablecloth swayed in the warm breeze - it was as pretty as the prettiest tropical picture you could imagine.

I was at Amanyara for 4 amazing days. I could have stayed a month, but the instantaneous relaxation, beauty and awe that I felt made the length of my trip tolerable (plus it's just a hop skip and a jump from the east coast). I will definitely be coming back!

I could not recommend a more stupendous place to have a relaxing vacation. It was absolutely ideal.

San Francisco, California
Reviewed 26 July 2010

The pictures can only capture a sliver of the beauty of amanyara - the incredible architecture, white sand and crystal clear ocean. I went for my 30th birthday party with a group of girl friends and it was truly unforgettable for all of us. We were pampered from start to finish with special arrangements, amazing food and the most stunning beaches in the world...not to mention the rich aqualife (and you don't even have to wear a wetsuit to scuba dive its so warm!)

Amanyara's staff arranged a private boat tour w/ Kenard Cruises that was all of our favorite day. Jojo the dolphin made an appearance, we went snorkeling and saw amazing tropical fish, and combed for sand dollars and shells on a long sand bar. Another day we did the kayak eco-trip with Big Blue Unlimited (who are the best for scuba diving too) and saw baby sharks, baby barracudas, jellyfish, starfish and a sting ray among the mangroves. Instead of going to Iguana Island as planned, we went to Half Moon Bay where we got even more up-close and personal with the iguanas and there was not one other person on the island. I think kids would love that trip in a double kayak!

On our last night the staff set up a special dinner at our villa poolside and a local African dance troupe performed and moved three of my friends to tears with their beautiful voices and talent. I also think the dinner on the beach w/ bonfire and smores was unforgettable and so much fun for a group...it felt like the most beautiful wedding you've ever been to. I may even get married here one day!

There was one rainy day, so we got the movie theater all to ourselves and watched Twilight w/ popcorn and drinks. it was actually one of my favorite days! Tennis lessons with the pro were great for the sporty ones, everyone improved their game tenfold.

This is hands down the most stunning, luxurious beach vacation you can go on. Even if you don't do any of the activities I mentioned you will have the best time just lounging, swimming, reading, dining and being offered the most outstanding service. You will never have to lift a finger for anything, the staff is so on top of your every need. If you have the means, Amanyara is the ultimate vacation whether it be a honeymoon, special occasion or just a much needed R&R trip.

2 Thank dinap1979
Jericho, NY
Reviewed 23 July 2010

I am an avid reader of Trip Advisor reviews although I rarely submit my own reviews. However, after reading a completely unfair review of Amanyara by an obnoxious and spoiled guest who was staying at the hotel while I was (and who caused a scene wherever he went, I guess his "mommy" wasn't there to help him), I felt I needed to add my two cents.

My wife and I celebrated our 20th anniversary at Amanyara in May. Very simply, you cannot ask for a more beautiful, more romantic, more serene, more accomodating resort than Amanyara. EVERYTHING is perfect about it. The beach is glistening. The pool is spectacularly elegant. The food is delicious. The staff is friendly, courteous and helpful.

Does all of this come at a high price? Yes. But, if you and your spouse/significant other can afford it, Amanyara will provide you with one of the most memorable and relaxing vacations you will ever have.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
5 Thank gstrauss
Santa Monica, California
Reviewed 21 July 2010

Amanyara was absolutely amazing! I love how it's elegant architectural design is delicately woven into the stunning natural beauty of the Turks and Caicos. From the moment the friendly Amanyara staff picked me up from the airport with fresh scented towels, cold water and a music menu I began relaxing into the amazing calm that is still with me a week after my return.

It is not just the crystal clear water, lush greenery, and beautiful natural life that surrounds Amanyara that makes it so special but the extraordinarily warm and attentive staff. One night the restaurant staff prepared a beautiful private dinner on the beach at sunset, with a fantastic menu and the most delicious oysters I have ever eaten, followed by a bonfire where we roasted marshmellows and made smores! Another evening the staff prepared an elegant poolside dinner followed by an amazing dance performance by a local African dance group. However unique and special you wish your trip to be the staff will help you make it a reality!

Amanyara posses the unique gift of being a place where you can choose to relax and let your stress melt away or excite your senses with fantastic snorkeling, swimming, boating, tennis, and entertainment. There are also nearby trips available to surrounding islands where you can enjoy the company of Iguanas or hang out at a local conch shack and have the best conch fritters you have ever dreamed of! Having driven across the island and looked at all the large hotels awkwardly standing out against the coast, I am deeply grateful for the serene and intimate experience I had at Amanyara. I believe it seamlessly captures the essence of an island vacation and I cannot recommend it highly enough!

4 Thank MissTravel2
california
Reviewed 19 July 2010

Wow, Amanyara is truly heaven on earth! It is set in a nature preserve in one of the most beautiful places in the Caribbean. The rooms and architecture were stunning, the food was so elegant, refreshing and delicious and the staff was unbelievable.

We rented a private villa and had the most amazing time. Every time I turned around, clean towels were laid out on the deck chairs, a fresh mojito awaited or someone was arriving with a tray full of delicious goodies. The staff made the whole experience so fantastic that we did not have to worry (or even think) about anything. One night while watching a movie in the living room, one of the staff surprised us by delivery freshly popped popcorn and drinks!

The white sand beaches and turquoise waters were pristine. When we wanted to go sailing or snorkeling, all we had to do was run down to the beach and someone was there to set us up.

Amanyara has amazing facilities too, with luxurious pool-side lounging, a fully equipped gym, 2 tennis courts with private instructors, a beach club for snacking, a bar with gorgeous elevated ceilings, a movie theatre that can be rented for private viewings and an elegant restaurant serving the best French-island cuisine.

If you are looking for an unbelievable, beautiful, relaxing experience then Amayara is the place.

2 Thank travelbugslife
new york
Reviewed 18 July 2010

A stunning resort, you are driven on this dirt road and then come to an amazing entrance, very stunning, beautiful pool with great ocean views and amazing service, the rooms are all free standing and are very modern and glass walled with electric shades that come down, if you are looking for classic caribbean look wrong place to be, the rooms depending on which you are in have a sliver of ocean view and you cannot walk from room onto the beach, you enter by the pool area, i wish the rooms had more expansive ocean views and could walk onto beach, the food was excellent mostly asian flavors so if that is not your taste may not be happy, the food is all ala carte and expensive and service was excellent, meals one day were over 400$ for two though i thought portions were fine. The beach is the only slight disappointment, its nice but small - they have a beautiful beach bar. The staff is there whenever you need them. Its a great getaway but very very expensive for the room and the food.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
6 Thank flierm
Also consider these accommodations in or near Providenciales
Gansevoort Turks + Caicos
COMO Parrot Cay, Turks and Caicos
Grace Bay Club
Grace Bay Club
#8 of 44 in Providenciales

Been to Amanyara? Share your experiences!