....of having low expectations. After reading the few negative posts about Amanyara, I didn't want to get my hopes up. I have to admit that this resort (architecture and location), the staff (200 staff for 40 pavilions/villas) and the food (all organic, local and delicious) is out of this world! I didn't even want to schedule a massage after reading the last review but ...WOW! ....it was amazing! The spa staff picked us up in a golf cart and catered to us as we got a couple's massage in a private pavilion. The 2 masseuses were small but mighty :) I knew it was all good when my masseuse climbed on my table to work out a knot in my back!!
But let's start at the beginning....We were first picked up in a private Land Rover - with water, cool towel and your choice of music. Our driver Calvin, even took us to the Conch Shack as a requested detour for some rum punch. The staff all knew our names and we never had to bother signing restaurant/poolside/spa bills. They just knew which villa we were in. This is a place to relax - no loud music, very few children and beautiful sunsets. When I thanked one of the guys who set up my beach chair, his response was "no, I thank you - you are the reason I'm here!" There is complimentary tennis (lesson or to play with a pro), yoga, diving, snorkeling, kayaking,.....but our most difficult decisions were to lay out on the beach or by the pool and which white burgundy should we order to watch the sunset :)
This place is so spacious and quiet, it is difficult to meet other people, but that may not be a bad thing. The central bar was usually empty and most of the guests kept to themselves. I guess you'd better really enjoy the company of your travel companion! This wasn't a problem for me - I was ready for bed around 11pm each night - I had to get up early to decide what I was going to have for breakfast (fresh carrot juice - yummy!).
I recommend this place wholeheartedly and we are already planning this to be an annual destination.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Amanyara is a secluded beachside resort situated on the coast of Northwest Point on the beautiful Providenciales in the Turks & Caicos Islands. The resort borders the pristine reefs of Northwest Point Marine National Park, acclaimed for some of the world's best wall and reef diving. With a contemporary layout and design, the timber-shingled Guest Pavilions and Aman Villas are tucked along the coast or situated inland on the edge of tranquil ponds. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, MrandMrsSmith, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Prestigia, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Amanyara reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Amanyara Hotel Providenciales
- Amanyara Resort Providenciales
- Amanyara Turks Caicos
- Amanyara Turks And Caicos/Providenciales