“Just ok.”

Ranked #9 of 44 Hotels in Providenciales
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Just ok.”
Reviewed 14 February 2012

We just returned from a three night stay at Windsong (Feb. 9 - 12). The first thing I would share with others considering the Windsong is that is not really a full service, 5-star hotel. It was very clean and the staff were extremely kind and helpful, but it just didn't have a hotel feel to it- it felt more like I was renting a private condo. I probably wouldn't have noticed this as much if I hadn't spent some time visiting my brother and his wife at Seven Stars (that place was awesome and had all the amenities and exceptional service that you'd expect from a 5-star resort; we wish we had stayed there). Little things like not being able to get a bottle of water at 10pm (the front desk person offered to fill up a bottle for me from his water cooler, but I had already thrown my bottle away). Yes, I know, you can drink the tap water, but I'm on vacation; I wanted to splurge. The restaurant had closed for the night so he said he had no access to it. Our room had a soap/shampoo dispenser on the shower wall but the products all felt like body soap (even the hair conditioner). Two days into the trip I discovered our friends in a different room didn't have that in the shower- they had nice bottles of stuff brought in by housekeeping every day. The curtains in our room were also an issue. It was bright as could be at 6:30am due to the extremely sheer curtains on all windows (I was nervous to change in the room at night if the lights were on for fear that you could see right through them). The elevator didn't work the first 24 hours we were there (fine for us, walking to the 4th floor is good exercise, but not sure what they would have done with someone unable to take the stairs). The beach of course was beautiful and the hotel is right on a reef so snorkeling was great (Seven Stars didn't have the best snorkeling). I also loved the free kayaks and bikes at Windsong, and Charles was great and always happy to bring us drinks, etc. And we never had any trouble getting chairs on the beach. The pool was nothing special- not sure why Fodor's raved about it- other hotels we visted had way cooler, and larger and more luxurious pools. We stayed in a studio which had a small window view of the ocean. I'm sure I would have been more impressed had I of reserved a penthouse. The hotel was not very full and we asked about being upgraded at check in but were told we'd have to pay for an upgrade (again, at Seven Stars, they were upgraded without even having to ask). Food at Jo Jo's was really, really good, especially the free breakfast (you can add on a side of eggs for just $3 and it's huge) and the grouper sandwich and grouper quesadilla. Service was really, really slow most of the times we dined there. I thought that was normal until we ate lunch at Seven Stars and, you guessed it, service was impeccable. Also, it seems like they only had one taxi driver they were willing to call so be sure to give plenty of notice if you need a ride. At Seven Stars, you can walk to a lot more places (like Cocca Bistro or the casino or a grocery store). It was really quiet and peaceful at night, which I liked, so a really good place for families. Overall, it was a fine place to stay as long as you're not looking for a full service, Four Seasons type place. It just felt like the staff were all still learning how to run a hotel. Oh the computer lab was a nice touch, being able to print boarding passes was helpful. I will definitely return to the island but I'll prob stay at Seven Stars next time. I like being able to walk to nearby shops and a grocery store. Windsong is more secluded, though you can walk on the beach to Mango Reef restaurant and Somewhere (tex mex restaurant) nearby.

Room Tip: Ocean front with a balcony is probably worth the splurge.
1 Thank cecea586

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (516)
Mahopac, New York
Reviewed 14 February 2012

We had the oceanfront suite on the third floor. This place is like a palace. With marble floors everywhere, granite countertops, stainless steel appliances and the sliding glass pocket doors, it was just incredible. And that was just the room. The rest of the resort is great too. The pool is beautiful, the ocean is breathtaking and wasn't crowded at all. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful. The food from Jo Jo's was great and breakfast by the ocean was really nice. I snorkeled for the first time by the coral reef and got some great underwater pictures and videos of the reef and fish. I couldn't hear any of the other guests in our room which made for quiet, restful nights on the very comfortable bed. We walked up and down the beach while we were there and compared Windsong with the other hotels. We are very happy with our choice. None of the other ones we saw seemed as nice. This was an intimate romantic getaway and it was perfect. If you're looking for more of a party place or a place that has lots of things for kids to do, you should look at Beaches Resort which was big and full of kids. If you're looking for a romantic spot or just a relaxing vacation in a beautiful resort, put Windsong on the top of your list.

Room Tip: Choose the Oceanfront suite. It's more expensive then the other front facing room but it's b...
3 Thank Thomas F
new york
Reviewed 14 February 2012

We had a wonderful stay at the Windsong Resort. The staff was friendly and helpful, the room clean and well appointed, the location perfect. The bikes were great to use during the day. We did find that a car was great for going to dinner or more daytime exploring, as the cabs are expensive. The weak link were the servers at breakfast-a pot of coffee or tea should have been left on the table. We will return with our grandchildren as the pool and beach are perfect.

Room Tip: The small rooms with out a window looking at the ocean are dark.
Downingtown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 11 February 2012

We love discovering the different Islands, so were surprised on the plane down that we were the only first-timers to Turks -- but we quickly found out why it's so loved. The Windsong is simply gorgeous, a beautiful resort in an extraordinary location. If gracious staff, lovely, spotless and spacious accommodations, stunning views and utter attention to detail make a five star resort, then the Windsong gets Six Stars.

Those who recommended the oceanfront suite gave great advice -- its proximity to the beach and turquoise waters create a fantastic first impression. We miss walking over the waterfall bridge and out to the reef -- with colorful fish thirty feet from shore. Windsong's location allows excellent snorkeling just yards from your beach lounge. But the Windsong is unique because its service matches the view ... some of the most genuinely friendly staff we've encountered. Each request was met with a smiling assurance it would be taken care of. The desk staff offered gentle advice on dining ("Seven" was spectacular!) while Lige the on-call taxi driver never missed a time!

Samuel & RJ both told us "We'll see you next year". They will!

Room Tip: Corner Oceanfront is fantastic! One thoughtful touch--a selection of well-priced wines displayed rig...
1 Thank BRLennox
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 8 February 2012

Our stay at the Windsong Resort was wonderful. The oceanfront suite was magnificent. It was very spacious, clean and comfortable. Sitting on the terrace you felt like you were right on the beach. The view was absolutely amazing. The staff treated our 2 year old son with extra attention which I appreciated. We loved the pool and that it was just steps from the beach. The climate was perfect, no need for A/C, we kept our patio doors open the entire time. There is not much within walking distance, but the taxi service for the resort is top notch. We are looking forward to our next visit to the Windsong.

Room Tip: Corner oceanfront one bedroom suite. Patio doors slide open all the way so you feel like you are ou...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed 7 February 2012

We just returned from a beautiful stay at the Windsong. We upgraded our room to a 1 bedroom oceanfront when we arrived and wow was it worth it!! The unit was amazing...more than enough space and comfort for my husband and me, modern and beautifully decorated, meticulously clean, and the balcony and view were fantastic in the early morning and late afternoon. The staff were friendly and extremely accomodating. They arranged our every need for taxi service, dinner reservations, etc. The continental breakfast was sufficient and a nice touch with service beachside. Since food is expensive, it is a money saver and was very relaxing. We did not cook and ate lunches and dinners out. There are several fun places to walk to for lunch. We especially enjoyed the Somewhere Cafe (best fish tacos) just a few steps away and Mango Reef for lunch and afternoon drinks. The beach was beautiful and expansive, so a great place to walk or jog or just relax...we never had a problem getting a lounge chair and umbrella and the staff brought cold water and chilled cloths to the guests...nice touch. We had dinner at a different spot every night. There is an abundance of good restaurants, but be prepared that with cocktails and appetizer, it does add up quickly. You can check menus in the dining guide provided to make your selections...we didn't have a bad meal anywhere and if you love fresh local fish, you won't be disappointed. All in all this was a very relaxing trip...don't come here for the night life, but if it is beach, relaxation, dining and service you are looking for, I highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Definitely go for oceanview...the balcony and views are worth it!!
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Mitch740
Nassau, New Providence Island
Reviewed 29 January 2012

I stay at Winsong frequently, four times in the last three months alone as at Jan 2012.

The staff are great, the rooms are stylish and very new/well kept, and as a regular business visitor, they look after me really well and often give me an upgrade. They remember me personally when I go back there and they're very friendly and accommodating.

Proximity to the business district on Leeward Hwy is great and its sea-front lovely beach location is another major plus. The beach is truly amazing white sand and you can walk along all Grace Bay easily from your room. There is Kayaking/snorkelling and a swimming pool just yards from your room.

I've stayed elsewhere (inlcuding some resorts with bigger restaurants, which I like) but I haven't found a place with the same 'feel' as Windsong at anything like the same price-range/affordibility. The breakfasts are good, but after a day or two, the lunch/dinner menu can get a bit limited.

The location is on a strip with lots of other restaurants & hotel resorts nearby though - but you absolutley need a car on Provo, no matter where you stay or what you do.

I brought some colleagues back in Jan, after several 'solo' visits and they loved it - even though they're used to bigger 'business' hotels.

I will definitely be returning regularly.

Room Tip: I'd go back frequently either on biz or with my wife, very happily. The TCI isn't a cheap p...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business