“A liitle piece of heaven! Paradise!!”
Review of Windsong Resort

Windsong Resort
Ranked #6 of 44 Hotels in Providenciales
Reviewed 30 August 2010

Stayed with family at windsong for two idyllic weeks!! perfect for families and couples,accomodation pure luxury. Staff friendly and attentive especially Charles who is always eager to please!! If you enjoy snorkeling this is the place, the reef etc are beautiful I have never seen such colouful fish! The sea is warm and crystal clear, especially suitable for little ones. No need to get up early there are plenty of sun loungers on the beach and by the pool. Food at windsong is delicious and always freshly cooked to perfection. A lovely relaxing holiday !!

Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,623)

Reviewed 25 August 2010

While looking for a much needed beach vacation I came across Turks and Caicos. This is definately an island where you can just sit back, relax and enjoy the incredible beaches. I booked a package through Expedia back in April and chose the Windsong Resort out of pure luck as it was offering a great deal at the time. I loved the location of this hotel as it is right in front of the reef. However, during my stay in August, although the island was pretty empty (hurricane season) there were quite a bit of people who came over from other resorts to visit the reef. Often times visitors would take beach chairs leaving little room for people that were staying at the Windsong. The Windsong staff would kick those out that were not staying at the hotel. My experience with the Windsong was positive, had a luxury studio on the 4th Floor with partial ocean view and small kitchenette. I was a little unhappy on my last day as I asked for a late check out (check out is at 11am, I asked for 12pm). I was told they were no longer granting late check outs unless visitors paid a $65-$75 fee. I really didn't think an hour was a big deal nor was I willing to pay a fee as I put so much money into my stay. Guess you can't have it all!

The island itself is expensive from groceries, taxis, restaurants, etc. The taxi drivers all seemed to be in competition with each other. Make sure you stick with Ligi, the Windongs recommended driver. Other drivers seemed to charge higher rates and would explain to us that Ligi doesn't charge the full amount. The island did have some great food and the lobster was delicious. Jojo's cafe located in the Windsong was good but the Somewhere Cafe located right next door was amazing. Simple food but so good. Fish tacos, fish and chips, nachos, even the steak was great. At night my boyfriend would take a walk on the beach to nearby hotels for dinner (a little shady given that there is hardly any light or anyone around but we would often take a taxi back). We ate at Bay Bistro at the Sibonne Hotel twice. Really good food, staff was not as friendly and would often walk away while you were still giving your order. We also ate at O'Soleil at the Somerset. Beautiful property but the restaurant was not great. Extremely over priced and the meals were just not that good and this is coming from a foody who lives in NY. Also had dinner at Bagatelle at the Gansevoort which was good and visited Da Conch Shack (over priced especially given the location).

Overall my experience was a positive one. This is a very underdeveloped island and people were not as friendly as other islands I have visited, but the snorkeling, good food, fresh fish and awesome beach make up for that.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MissTraveler411
Reviewed 20 August 2010

Our stay at the Windsong Resort couldn't of been nicer. We were upgraded to a beautiful suite with a balcony and view of the ocean. The staff was very nice and always helpful. It was very clean and well kept. When the airline lost a piece of luggage, the front desk made a phone call and it was delivered right away, something my husband could not get the airport people to do after an entire day of calling.
The resturant staff was very nice and the food was tasty and well prepared.
The only negative was the phone never did work to call other rooms.
Our entire family would go back in an instance.
I

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 August 2010

Stayed for a week but could have stayed longer....... One bedroom plus den on the second floor worked out perfect as we had my 11 and 9 year old sons stayed in den. Room was amazing with beautiful views. Staff was awesome...... my boys actually asked why they were so nice and accomodating.

Some of the things the resort needed to work on was Wifi in the middle rooms...... and the in room phone service was bad, both due to the amount of concrete according to staff.

Staff made all of our reservations....... we ate at Hemmingways, Coco Bistro, Coyoba, Da Conch Shack, Mango Reef and one night of take out Pizza. Hemmingways, Coco Bistro and Mango Reef were definetly great and reasonable. Coyoba was a little pricey and not for kids.... although the food was good. The Conch Shack was a fun thing for the kids....... but I would probably eat Mcdonalds (which I never do) before I ate there again. Pizza Pizza was good also and relatively inexpensive take out.

As for the Activities we planned for the week..... I took my boys deep Sea fishing with Catch the wave....... 750 for half a day. Went with Christiano on a private 4 hour charter. Christiano was awesome with my kids and we pulled in about 16 fish and 8 or 9 that we did not land. Christiano filleted the fish when we returned and we went to the local IGA and bought fish crisp and ate them for lunch..... pretty awesome experience for my boys. We did bottom fish for three hours and then we trolled in deeper waters on the way home. One thing I would probably reccomend to the charter would to offer something other than bags of chips to eat...... but there was plenty of beer, pop and water (it was 11:00 somewhere in the world)
Went parasailing another day 75 bucks a person for 12 minutes...... go to a cheaper Island to do this .... DR or Mexico you can do it for 30 or 40. Go on the colourful boat too as we went on the dark one and they were either having a bad day or the only unfriendly people we met on the island.

Lastly I took the family on a jet ski excursion (Guided two hours) . Expensive, but worth it to see the other cays...... even saw wild dolphins.... one of the highlights of the trip was this excursion. One thing...... make sure you get a red Jet ski with less hours as the yellow are slower..... ask the tour guide to ensure you get a fast one..... the yellow was suitable fro my wife but my kids wanted to ride with me all the time.

We rented a Jeep for about a hundred bucks a day..... yes expensive but the Windsong has underground parking that was perfect and I never put the Cover on once.... How else do you want to travel on a carribean Island. Boys saw majority of island and some beautiful beaches although we did not stay at them for very long as we were told to stick to public places. Rented from Hertz..... they met us at the Airport and dropped us off.... good efficient service.

Would stay at Windsong again in a heartbeat. Never felt crowded once... always had a chair and a umbrella available at any time of the day. The beach is gorgeous and the reef being in front of the resort made it a easy choice. My 11 and 9 year old showed many tourist the great spots on the reef to see Barracuda, stingray, Grouper, Puffer fish, Lion fish, various chiclids, and tuna.

Hope this helps someone in deciding on Turks and Caicos

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank Chimo3434
Reviewed 16 August 2010

The Windsong was incredible, from the moment we booked our stay my daughter and her friend started their countdown till we would arrive. My concerns were traveling with two 20 year old girls’ would they be safe, and have enough to entertain them for a week; well the answer is YES! The staffs always made me feel like we were part of a family and was there for any whim the girls might have had. My wife was impressed with the Penthouse we booked (143S) with a roof top terrace and private whirlpool made our stay that much more memorable we loved the View and how clean everything was. When we arrived I rented a car (from Grace Bay car rental) they meet us at the airport and gave us a quick map of the island (I suggest this very much) we went to buy groceries twice that week everything is triple the normal price be prepared! We meet a family from Atlanta and had a wonderful cookout on our terrace overlooking the beach one afternoon; the condo has plenty of space and is an incredible place to entertain. We have visited many different resorts and by far the Windsong stands out, we will return again in2011 and next time stay a min. of 14day’s

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 August 2010

We have the opportunity of staying at the Windsong Resort. It is difficult to put into words just what paradise is in a few words. We book this trip not knowing a lot about the island but always had a desire to visit Turks and Caicos. This resort was outstanding. I had questions prior to going and spoke with Shequida who was very helpful with some questions we had regarding transportation. Shequida proved to be very helpful throughout our entire visit. We met JR and Kimerley who also worked at the resort on day one. We were welcomed with big smiles and lots of encouragement to relax and enjoy the island. I must say that this was the first vacation where the island was designed to only relax and enjoy the ocean. The sand is white and the ocean is blue and clear enough to see the fish before you put on the snokle gear. Again, we had more questions regarding what to do while in Turks and Caicos and I could not beleive the time that the manager, Regina took to help us feel at ease. I think her words were she was there to make us comfortable. I have never been on a vacation where all activities were centered around the ocean. My life is hetic and because I am moving all the time I was concerned that I would be bored. The condo's are beautiful and had every comfort of home. The balcony was an added bonus of watching the sun raise and set everyday. It was easy to fall in love all over again. An additional bonus was we were there the first week of the Lobster season. We had lobster every evening for dinner and never served the same way twice. I thanks the staff for making us feel special and especially Charles for bring bottle water everyday on the beach to cool us. So if it is quite, plush, excellent staff and great food, Windsong Resorts is for you.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank StlGetaway
Reviewed 11 August 2010

Me and my wife went to Windsong for our honeymoon, it was outstanding - The one bedroom suite was simply AMAZING - we didn't want to leave it. The view of the ocean was amazing, and the beach was wonderful, never enjoyed the ocean as much as I did in Turks & Caicos, something about the water - you just have to experience it for yourself - and there is a reef right on the beach that is amazing to experience if you've never done it before - and you can rent the snorkels for $5 from the resort, pretty damn good deal considering everything else on the island is expensive... but you must experience it if you go. The beach was fairly quiet, aside from people walking over to reef from other resorts, but it was barely enough for us to really notice any "traffic" and the resort had ample seating available at all times. The staff was great, very friendly and helpful - they even gave us a complimentary spa treatment at the on-site spatropique. And we didn't want to drive so we used the taxi, and the Windsong has Lige working his taxi out of the resort, he is great - always dependable and makes sure he gets you back to the resort at night - all you have to do is give him a call. All in all, we were very pleased in our decision with the Windsong for our honeymoon - we LOVED it, and so will you.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple