“Easter at the Somerset”

Ranked #3 of 44 Hotels in Providenciales
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Easter at the Somerset”
Reviewed 28 April 2014

I brought my whole family, all 12, for four days and we loved every minute. The villas were spectacular, especially our five bedroom with a view of the ocean. We have visited the Caribbean often but this was our first time at Turks and Caicos, The raves about Grace Bay beach are not exaggerated. Food at pool cafe was extraordinary! My grandson posted a photo on Facebook with caption "greetings from paradise". Absolutely the ONLY quibble was the breakfast service which was not up to the standard set by the rest of the hotel. A little training would fix this problem in no time

Room Tip: am only familiar with the villas which iwould happily recommend
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
New York, United States
Reviewed 24 April 2014

We stayed here five nights during spring break fro my kids, ages 15, 13 and 10. We had a two-bedroom garden villa that was quiet, very comfortable, and well furnished. It even had a bonus third bedroom -- I believe the units are individually owned and this owner had chose to convert their garage to an extra bedroom. The pool and beach are very nice especially if you are focused on a quiet vacation. I probably wold have been concerned if my kids were much younger about the range of things to do right on site, but I will say the many young kids their during this school break week seemed quite happy. And we were able to easily book a snorkeling trip and a few tube rides through the concierge and beach staff. My only complaints: food and service at both the beach bar and restaurant were average -- we ended up eating most meals off property (we enjoyed the beach bar right next door for lunches and the restaurant at the Regency Palms, also right next door on the other side, for dinners) and some room darkening shades would have been nice on those mornings I wanted to sleep in. All in all -- I'd be very happy to go back and my kids would be thrilled to.

1 Thank Bruce D
Anchorage, Alaska
Reviewed 23 April 2014

The Somerset on Grace Bay was truly the most wonderful part of the vacation to T&C. The staff was so amazing and so helpful, especially our favorite server Ronald! They were attentive to all of us and friendly with our 4 & 5 year old kids. One of the pool attendant even had coconuts cut down from the tree on the property for me to drink out of.
When we first arrived there was an issue with our reservation in one of the three bedroom garden Villas and they upgraded us to the 5 bedroom ocean view Estate! Wow! Now that is service. We would highly recommend this property to ANYONE!! Best resort on Grace Bay. We'll be back. Thank you SOMERSET!

2 Thank SMattie
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 22 April 2014

As your are dropped off at the Somerset, one can only imagine what treasures lie ahead. The property and view alone make this property worth coming back for. I've traveled the world and few places can match the amenities and view found here. The resort is steps from the sandy beaches of Grace Bay and has three well kept pools to choose from including a zero entry pool, which was great considering we had our 3 and 5 year old with us. Getting a chair or spot close to the pool or beach was never an issue. The property has more than enough space for its guests.

Beach staff couldn't be more helpful, especially Roosevelt who arranged a last minute private boat charter for us. Water sports commensurate with other similar properties along the beach. Free bottled water on the beach to help stay hydrated - a rarity on an island where bottled water is hard to come by.

Urmas, the property manager, was extremely helpful and made our stay such a pleasure with lots of unexpected surprises! As it turns out, he was married in my hometown of Media back in PA! What a small world! We are definitely going back...possibly this year!

Room Tip: Stay closer to the beach or pool instead of the garden. Not such a surprise but you want to wake up...
4 Thank Brad A
West Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed 8 April 2014

My husband & I recently stayed at Somerset and loved every moment of it. The management & staff were very accomodating to all of our needs. They worked really hard to please and went beyond our expectations to satisfied us. This is one of the best places we have ever stayed and we have traveled a lot. The condo was beautiful and very spacious! It was so nice to have a full size kitchen. The grounds were very well kept & service was good. The pools were very clean and we enjoyed the lounge chairs by the pool & on the beach. We like to stay in a clean place; and this was clean! I wish that the continental breakfast could be a little different each morning. Otherwise the place was magnificant & Urmas & the staff were very kind, respectful & fun! Hope we can return again!

Room Tip: The ocean view is beautiful!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank jamesnahas
new york
Reviewed 2 April 2014

I recently stayed at the somerset with my two young children, 2 & 5. The grounds are beautiful and the beach is amazing. Our room was spacious and welcoming. I struggle with my love hate for this property. Love the property but service all the way around is lacking. From checkin to check out service was sub par. Room service and restaurant service was incredibly inflexible and food mediocre. No food is available from 10:30 am - 11:30 am and from 5:00pm - 6:00pm, no exceptions. 5-6 is prime feeding time for kids so it's tough to imagine even in room service you can't order a piece of toast. I want to love the somerset....but service is really poor.

1 Thank happyfamilyinnz
Montauk, New York
Reviewed 28 March 2014

This is the 3rd time that my husband and I have stayed at the Somerset and really the quality of the resort has spiraled down. Maybe new management? We originally stayed here about 3 years ago in one of the oceanfront villas with our youngest daughter. The unit was magnificent and the whole resort was fabulous. My husband and I returned last year and stayed in a smaller unit and again had a wonderful time. So beautiful that we started thinking of maybe looking into investing in our own unit..I booked a trip with my 3 adult children and son's girlfriend and wanted to stay in the original oceanfront villa this time. They told us no problem but may have to move the last night into another 3 bedroom unit. So we arrived and were told the room wasn't quite ready and decided to go to the beach and wait. After a few hours we went to the front to find out that our room was ready but we did not have the unit we expected! We were in a three bedroom unit in the back. Someone messed up and really it all went south from there. The units are all lovely and we did not suffer but the organization of the whole front staff was really poor. The last time we arrived we got a whole welcome plate of fruit and cheese, attention to detail was extraordinary. This time there was no welcome, no water bottles, not much of anything. The furniture was old, the beach loungers were broken and many of the staff members seemed aloof and unfriendly. The waiters at the poolside restaurant never smiled and frankly everyone seemed unhappy, a huge difference from last year. It is still a beautiful resort and the ocean is amazing but there are may other resorts that are oceanfront on this amazing beach.

6 Thank mommdoc