“First Class Honeymoon”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Arizona
“First Class Honeymoon”
Reviewed 29 April 2014

My husband and I were married here in 2007, We stayed in a ground floor villa that had 5 bedrooms, two were locked out. It was hands down the most amazing place either of us have ever stayed. The furnishings were gorgeous, the kitchen was like a foodie dream, and the bathroom was our own personal spa. We stayed in March and there were quite a few families there, but the noise never entered our villa. The beach is truly stunning.
Notes: We opted to get married at Grace Bay Club as the price for a package (through Nila) was less than getting married on property at Somerset. Also, the ocean was not really what I would call warm enough to swim in in March, but I am a "thin-blooded" Arizonan. We had multiple days of rain, but still had a lovely time.

Room Tip: If you can get a villa that faces away from the pool during high season, I would recommend it.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Karen C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
Eagle, Colorado
Reviewed 28 April 2014

I booked this based on the gorgeous pools - 2 that were toddler friendly and smaller luxury hotel- I don't like tons of people-and feeling like I'm part of the masses on vacation--- the grounds are gorgeous- the food I've had so far has been great ( yes pricey as the rest of the island) but very good- the beach is amazing- the infinity pool and grounds are beautiful and very well kept. Reviews I read just before our departure scared me a bit- unfriendly staff and furniture showing ware--- I did not find this to be true at all- everyone has been super friendly to us and our children and I think both the room furniture and pool furniture looks great. We did opt for the garden cottage- which is beautifully decorated and larger than we had anticipated- there is a private adult bedroom, a main open family/ tv room, small but modern top finishes kitchen and large den downstairs w fold out couch And another couch. The decorating is beautiful. I was a bit concerned about if the garden cottage would be not as nice since it was considerably less than the ocean view-- but it was beautiful and 3 minute walk from the pools through a manicured green crouquet lawn and beautiful palm trees. Yes this vacation is more expensive than jamaica and a lot more expensive than Mexico-- but the white sand and water and these hotel grounds are calling out for a splurge. I would rent a car one day- make a day trip to Taylor bay and stop at a different grocery store for basics- I asked a local and there are a couple 1/2 the price of the fancy grace bay grocery store- although that one u can reach on bike and has the freshest meat--- also we packed peanut butter jelly, snacks and pasta etc to save a bit as we heard the groceries here were very expensive
Concerns:no life guard, expensive babysitting, expensive pool drinks/ menu ( which is like rest of island)

Room Tip: Usually we get ocean view- but with the price being extra 300$ night (7night stay) we opted for gard...
2 Thank Familyoffiveco
Reviewed 28 April 2014

I brought my whole family, all 12, for four days and we loved every minute. The villas were spectacular, especially our five bedroom with a view of the ocean. We have visited the Caribbean often but this was our first time at Turks and Caicos, The raves about Grace Bay beach are not exaggerated. Food at pool cafe was extraordinary! My grandson posted a photo on Facebook with caption "greetings from paradise". Absolutely the ONLY quibble was the breakfast service which was not up to the standard set by the rest of the hotel. A little training would fix this problem in no time

Room Tip: am only familiar with the villas which iwould happily recommend
New York, United States
Reviewed 24 April 2014

We stayed here five nights during spring break fro my kids, ages 15, 13 and 10. We had a two-bedroom garden villa that was quiet, very comfortable, and well furnished. It even had a bonus third bedroom -- I believe the units are individually owned and this owner had chose to convert their garage to an extra bedroom. The pool and beach are very nice especially if you are focused on a quiet vacation. I probably wold have been concerned if my kids were much younger about the range of things to do right on site, but I will say the many young kids their during this school break week seemed quite happy. And we were able to easily book a snorkeling trip and a few tube rides through the concierge and beach staff. My only complaints: food and service at both the beach bar and restaurant were average -- we ended up eating most meals off property (we enjoyed the beach bar right next door for lunches and the restaurant at the Regency Palms, also right next door on the other side, for dinners) and some room darkening shades would have been nice on those mornings I wanted to sleep in. All in all -- I'd be very happy to go back and my kids would be thrilled to.

1 Thank Bruce D
Anchorage, Alaska
Reviewed 23 April 2014

The Somerset on Grace Bay was truly the most wonderful part of the vacation to T&C. The staff was so amazing and so helpful, especially our favorite server Ronald! They were attentive to all of us and friendly with our 4 & 5 year old kids. One of the pool attendant even had coconuts cut down from the tree on the property for me to drink out of.
When we first arrived there was an issue with our reservation in one of the three bedroom garden Villas and they upgraded us to the 5 bedroom ocean view Estate! Wow! Now that is service. We would highly recommend this property to ANYONE!! Best resort on Grace Bay. We'll be back. Thank you SOMERSET!

2 Thank SMattie
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 22 April 2014

As your are dropped off at the Somerset, one can only imagine what treasures lie ahead. The property and view alone make this property worth coming back for. I've traveled the world and few places can match the amenities and view found here. The resort is steps from the sandy beaches of Grace Bay and has three well kept pools to choose from including a zero entry pool, which was great considering we had our 3 and 5 year old with us. Getting a chair or spot close to the pool or beach was never an issue. The property has more than enough space for its guests.

Beach staff couldn't be more helpful, especially Roosevelt who arranged a last minute private boat charter for us. Water sports commensurate with other similar properties along the beach. Free bottled water on the beach to help stay hydrated - a rarity on an island where bottled water is hard to come by.

Urmas, the property manager, was extremely helpful and made our stay such a pleasure with lots of unexpected surprises! As it turns out, he was married in my hometown of Media back in PA! What a small world! We are definitely going back...possibly this year!

Room Tip: Stay closer to the beach or pool instead of the garden. Not such a surprise but you want to wake up...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Brad A
West Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed 8 April 2014

My husband & I recently stayed at Somerset and loved every moment of it. The management & staff were very accomodating to all of our needs. They worked really hard to please and went beyond our expectations to satisfied us. This is one of the best places we have ever stayed and we have traveled a lot. The condo was beautiful and very spacious! It was so nice to have a full size kitchen. The grounds were very well kept & service was good. The pools were very clean and we enjoyed the lounge chairs by the pool & on the beach. We like to stay in a clean place; and this was clean! I wish that the continental breakfast could be a little different each morning. Otherwise the place was magnificant & Urmas & the staff were very kind, respectful & fun! Hope we can return again!

Room Tip: The ocean view is beautiful!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple