“One Week of Heaven on Earth”

The Somerset on Grace Bay
Ranked #6 of 45 Hotels in Providenciales
GreenLeadersSilver level
New Rochelle, New York
“One Week of Heaven on Earth”
Reviewed 15 July 2014

WOW what a week!!! The resort is simply beautiful and the crystal water and white sand is amazing, pictures do not do it justice!!! The resort is staffed with the best people, Slevonya,Winston aka Snoopi, Dayanna,Alicia,Kay, Mickey and Ronald just to name a few. They always had smiles on their face and always asked if we were having a good time and if there was anything that they could help us with. The resort's location is perfect, shorts walks on the beach to some great restaurants and shopping. Or take a bike ride into town and let's not forget about the great spa at the somerset I had a facial and body scrub and my husband had the massage the best!

We also met some of the friendliest guest in the resort, hanging out with them and just totally enjoying Paradise with our new found friends. Lynn ny

Room Tip: All the villas are beautiful, however we had the villa on the 3rd floor an ocean view which was the...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Lynn L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 12 July 2014

I just returned from the Somerset after celebrating my July 4th Birthday! In one word my stay was AMAZING! The property is beautiful with gorgeous villas, an infinity pool, and the most pristine beach that I have ever seen.I especially want to commend the AMAZING staff who went above and beyond to make sure I had a great birthday.I was blown away when a gift basket and personalized birthday card was brought to my room at check-in! The spa and food was also wonderful. A special shout out to key staff:Lachelle, Carmen, Alicia, Clifton, Winston, Katia, Michelle, Leonela, Arlean, the list goes on.All of the staff provided first class service. I can't wait to return for the Lobster fest in the Spring!!! I have told all of my friends that the Somerset definitely is the place to visit for a relaxing getaway with first class service. ---Donna E.from Atlanta

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Dbe704
New York City, New York
Reviewed 3 July 2014

What a beautiful resort! A one week stay at the Somerset was the perfect combination of relaxation and adventure. The rooms and grounds are exquisite, the frozen drinks are refreshing and the beach is a little slice of paradise. To burn off some of those vacation calories or spend some time in the crystal blue waters, the resort offers paddle boards, kayaks, and sailboats to take out whenever you please. I stayed at the resort with my friend and her family and I found it to be a wonderful place for families, couples, or friend groups- there is a little something for everybody! I left feeling relaxed, refreshed, and blessed to have been able to spend time at a beautiful resort with my friend. From a girl that knows luxury, this hotel comes highly recommended.

Room Tip: I stayed in a villa on the croquet lawn and it was quiet, spacious, and just a short walk to the bea...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Gab F
New York City, New York
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I have been to Turks and Caicos several times for the past seven years and I have to say that The Somerset on Grace Bay is the best resort that I have ever stayed at. The location was stunning, the service was great and the amenities were great. If yo u are looking for a vacation with the family on a peaceful island - this is definitely the place!

Room Tip: Rooms in the back are quieter, but still have an ocean view on the top floor. We stayed in Cottage 5...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank islandhopper8899
Beaverton, Canada
Reviewed 30 June 2014

This was a return trip for me. I had been at the Somerset in the winter and was so enamored that I asked for a return visit for our anniversary in June. Back int he winter the staff had talked about the opening of a Spa at the Resort, and I was doubly curious to see how the spa would compete with the others on island (there are a number of world class spas which I have favored) and greatly anticipating the new experience. We decided to try a different service everyday - well I had, my husband was only interested in the massage. The first day I started with a mani/pedi - and it was excellent. The service area for this treatment was on the expansive verandah on the side of the reception building - it was a delightful setting, so refreshing to be outside and not smell the nail polish chemicals. The second day I had a facial, I couldn't pick so I asked the therapist to customize one for my skin - it was amazing, I convinced my husband to try it the next day and he said it was an amazing experience. The next day I had detox body wrap, guaranteed to help with my weight lose attempt, and yes it did work - shockingly - I was a sceptic. The final day both of us had a massage - deep tissue for my husband, and a follow up detox massage for me. The services we received were amongst the best we have experienced any where. The spa is small (two treatment rooms, a steam room and the mani/pedi area)and intimate like the Resort, very well appointed and quite lovely. The weather in June was better than in the winter - balmy days, warm ocean water, and cooler evenings. Reminds me of Tahiti. The staff were just as friendly and welcomed us back - made us feel like homecoming. I can hardly wait to go back - there is a yoga retreat in October I am aiming for and a writer's workshop in November - difficult decision.

Room Tip: Really enjoyed the off season!!!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Just returned from 5 night stay. The Somerset on Grace Bay is an amazingly beautiful resort. None of the pictures I've seen actually due it justice. Our family of four, parents and two adult children, stayed in a two bedroom ocean view penthouse villa that was extremely spacious, beautifully decorated, immaculately maintained and extremely comfortable from the moment we arrived. The view from the balcony was stunning (although dining table had only 3 chairs, making family game of Bananagrams on the balcony difficult) & perfect for relaxing with a good book. If you don't bring one of your own, no worries. The villa includes a beautiful bookcase complete with books. Also, another huge armoire in the breezeway (one of the many picturesque & relaxing spots on the resort) is filled with a good selection of novels as well as coffee table books which chronicle TCI history and culture. Bathrooms were beautifully done in marble and limestone with separate showers, water closets. Master bath included spacious dressing room and huge soaker tub with air jets. Kitchen was enormous, very well equipped & included Viking appliances. As perfect as the accommodations were, we quickly changed into our swimwear and headed to the most beautifully tranquil beach I've ever been on. (Have lived on Oahu & visited Bahamas, Jamaica, Mexico & Belize--I'd put Grace Bay right at the top). Unlike the mega-resort all inclusives, the beach at the Somerset is sparsely populated & feels like your own private paradise. Plenty of water activities & the beach staff is very helpful. Kayaks, paddle boards, Hobie cats, snorkel gear are readily available & we enjoyed them all, no waiting. Only two restaurants on the property, food & drinks at both were outstanding! Resort is perfectly located, we enjoyed walking along the beach to nearby reef for excellent snorkeling where an unbelievable variety & number of fish & coral can be seen right off the beach! Got great pictures! Quaint little town with other food options & shopping is within easy walking/biking distance so no need to bother with hassle of rental car. Enjoyed a pleasant bike ride into town on nice complimentary beach cruisers. Encountered genuinely friendly local townspeople with many stopping to say hello and welcome us to their island, on our stroll back from dinner one evening. Dinner at Mr Grouper's was rustic atmosphere with absolutely delicious locally prepared and reasonably priced food! Spa is very small & possibly recently opened; however, extremely accommodating as they managed to provide excellent body massages to 3 in our party on short notice the morning we left. This was as near perfect a vacation destination as we've ever experienced. Am a little puzzled by others observations regarding lackluster service. Service is not overbearing nor artificially friendly yet staff was anticipatory & all our requests were promptly & courteously attended to. Would highly recommend this resort for couples, families or girlfriends getaway.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank RelaxRelateRelease
Long Island
Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

The Somerset is really great. The place is so beautiful and the atmosphere is very relaxing. The staff is so nice, they greeted us with rum punches upon arrival! If you're looking to be active all day there are paddle boards, sail boats, kayaks ect. Also if you're looking to relax it is very peaceful. The somerset also has a lot to offer, my favorite being the movie night on the lawn (frozen). All around an amazing vacation, highly recommend the Somerset!

Stayed June 2014