“A great honeymoon”

The Somerset on Grace Bay
Ranked #3 of 44 Hotels in Providenciales
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 24 July 2014

My wife and I flew to Turks & Caicos following our wedding weekend, staying at the Somerset, and it could not have been a better week. A great venue, very picturesque, awesome cottages and the food was generally outstanding. It was the "offseason", so it was largely empty for most of the week we were there until the July 4th weekend -- a fact that was very much appreciated given that we were escaping the grind of NYC.

One thing to remember going in is that the service is considerably slower on the island, so once you can get past the fact that food and beverage will take the scenic route to your table or beach chair, it's all good. That is no slight towards the Somerset though, it's really area-wide.

The service was friendly for the most part, although we ran into a couple servers that didn't seem to be having very good days. Regardless, that didn't sour the trip at all -- just a fantastic place to go, particularly in the offseason when there are better deals and fewer people (if you're looking to get away rather than meet random couples).

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ian J
There are newer reviews for The Somerset on Grace Bay

Reviewed 20 July 2014

Couldn't have been more pleased with my stay at The Somerset! I knew it would be a great week when I pulled in and was instantly greeted with cold towels, drinks, and someone to take all of our luggage. From there it only got better.

I was able to experience both a garden unit and an ocean front estate, and both were incredible. The garden units look out onto a beautiful field that is often used for soccer and croquet, and is also just a stones throw away from the continental breakfast. The ocean estates have magnificent views, and even if on the ground level the convenience to the beach and pool sure outweigh the lack of a spectacular view. The rooms themselves are beautifully furnished and have nice finishes.

The staff are some of the friendliest people in the world.

Lastly, the water sports that the resort offers are where it's at. The Hobies, paddle boards, kayaks, and snorkeling equipment can fill up a whole week on their own. The resort also has a lot of fun activities like the Tuesday night bbq and occasionally a movie night on the field outside the garden units.

Truly a one of a kind resort.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank David B
Reviewed 15 July 2014

WOW what a week!!! The resort is simply beautiful and the crystal water and white sand is amazing, pictures do not do it justice!!! The resort is staffed with the best people, Slevonya,Winston aka Snoopi, Dayanna,Alicia,Kay, Mickey and Ronald just to name a few. They always had smiles on their face and always asked if we were having a good time and if there was anything that they could help us with. The resort's location is perfect, shorts walks on the beach to some great restaurants and shopping. Or take a bike ride into town and let's not forget about the great spa at the somerset I had a facial and body scrub and my husband had the massage the best!

We also met some of the friendliest guest in the resort, hanging out with them and just totally enjoying Paradise with our new found friends. Lynn ny

Room Tip: All the villas are beautiful, however we had the villa on the 3rd floor an ocean view which was the...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Lynn L
Reviewed 12 July 2014

I just returned from the Somerset after celebrating my July 4th Birthday! In one word my stay was AMAZING! The property is beautiful with gorgeous villas, an infinity pool, and the most pristine beach that I have ever seen.I especially want to commend the AMAZING staff who went above and beyond to make sure I had a great birthday.I was blown away when a gift basket and personalized birthday card was brought to my room at check-in! The spa and food was also wonderful. A special shout out to key staff:Lachelle, Carmen, Alicia, Clifton, Winston, Katia, Michelle, Leonela, Arlean, the list goes on.All of the staff provided first class service. I can't wait to return for the Lobster fest in the Spring!!! I have told all of my friends that the Somerset definitely is the place to visit for a relaxing getaway with first class service. ---Donna E.from Atlanta

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Dbe704
Reviewed 3 July 2014

What a beautiful resort! A one week stay at the Somerset was the perfect combination of relaxation and adventure. The rooms and grounds are exquisite, the frozen drinks are refreshing and the beach is a little slice of paradise. To burn off some of those vacation calories or spend some time in the crystal blue waters, the resort offers paddle boards, kayaks, and sailboats to take out whenever you please. I stayed at the resort with my friend and her family and I found it to be a wonderful place for families, couples, or friend groups- there is a little something for everybody! I left feeling relaxed, refreshed, and blessed to have been able to spend time at a beautiful resort with my friend. From a girl that knows luxury, this hotel comes highly recommended.

Room Tip: I stayed in a villa on the croquet lawn and it was quiet, spacious, and just a short walk to the bea...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Gab F
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I have been to Turks and Caicos several times for the past seven years and I have to say that The Somerset on Grace Bay is the best resort that I have ever stayed at. The location was stunning, the service was great and the amenities were great. If yo u are looking for a vacation with the family on a peaceful island - this is definitely the place!

Room Tip: Rooms in the back are quieter, but still have an ocean view on the top floor. We stayed in Cottage 5...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank islandhopper8899
Reviewed 30 June 2014

This was a return trip for me. I had been at the Somerset in the winter and was so enamored that I asked for a return visit for our anniversary in June. Back int he winter the staff had talked about the opening of a Spa at the Resort, and I was doubly curious to see how the spa would compete with the others on island (there are a number of world class spas which I have favored) and greatly anticipating the new experience. We decided to try a different service everyday - well I had, my husband was only interested in the massage. The first day I started with a mani/pedi - and it was excellent. The service area for this treatment was on the expansive verandah on the side of the reception building - it was a delightful setting, so refreshing to be outside and not smell the nail polish chemicals. The second day I had a facial, I couldn't pick so I asked the therapist to customize one for my skin - it was amazing, I convinced my husband to try it the next day and he said it was an amazing experience. The next day I had detox body wrap, guaranteed to help with my weight lose attempt, and yes it did work - shockingly - I was a sceptic. The final day both of us had a massage - deep tissue for my husband, and a follow up detox massage for me. The services we received were amongst the best we have experienced any where. The spa is small (two treatment rooms, a steam room and the mani/pedi area)and intimate like the Resort, very well appointed and quite lovely. The weather in June was better than in the winter - balmy days, warm ocean water, and cooler evenings. Reminds me of Tahiti. The staff were just as friendly and welcomed us back - made us feel like homecoming. I can hardly wait to go back - there is a yoga retreat in October I am aiming for and a writer's workshop in November - difficult decision.

Room Tip: Really enjoyed the off season!!!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple