Overall, this is a nice resort on a very nice beach (powder soft sand) but it didn't meet our admittedly high expectations. After reading a lot of reviews we felt this would be a very memorable way to spend our vacation as 1st timers to T&C.
Wonderful staff, very friendly (especially Winston, Janet, Eva, and Nadine). No problems whatsoever with the entire crew.
Very clean pretty landscaping and continueous upkeep.
O'Soleil restaurant is very good and the head chef Lauren is excellent
Modern condos with high end appliances, interior design and accomodations
Our unit had some sort of bug problem in the kitchen area. Don't think they were roaches but some sort of native species? Housekeeping was proactive with spraying after our report but it never solved the problem.
Patio glass door had a broken handle (couldn't lock it and it finally fell off). Took maintenance about 2 days to completely fix it.
Our unit was on the ground level and we constantly heard the pool filter. We should have asked to be moved.
The resort doesn't have any sort of gift shop or convenience store. Went next door to Regent Palms to pickup some small items.
The resort doesn't offer a place to have breakfast other than in your room and only after 7:30 am. We ended up going next door to Regent Palms for a nice outdoor breakfast several times during the week.
We expected a 4-5 star accomodation along the vein of a Westin (at least) or the Ritz (at most). Perhaps we were wrong to compare it this way but I felt that the $$$ we spent was not on par with what we envisioned.
The island is pretty quiet so that translates to a very quiet resort without a lot of activities going on. We didn't rent a car (we should have) so we felt tied to either staying around the area or paying a lot of $ for questionable taxi service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on 4.6 Acres of the world-famous Turks and Caicos beach, The Somerset on Grace Bay is an intimate luxury resort where couples and families alike enjoy treasured times together. The five-star resort features 53 one- to five-bedroom luxury villas ranging from 1,400 to 5,300 sq. Ft. Each with ample living, dining and entertaining spaces and gourmet kitchens equipped with Viking appliances. Two restaurants and bars, two freshwater pools, fitness center, full service spa with in-suite spa services, a range of activities on land and sea, complimentary Caicos Kids Club, and concierge services complement your family vacation, group getaway or romantic interlude. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, West Indies, Booking.com, TravelUp, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Somerset on Grace Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Somerset On Grace Bay Hotel Providenciales
- Somerset On Grace Bay Providenciales
- Somerset Grace Bay
- Somerset On Grace Bay Hotel
- The Somerset On Grace Bay Turks And Caicos/Providenciales