All reviews viking appliances pool bar billy joe grace bay pavilion restaurant croquet lawn tuesday night the complimentary continental breakfast ocean villa regent palms beach staff three bedroom full kitchen beautiful property living room garden view movie night
Reviewed 3 September 2018

We were once again blown away by the friendliness and professionalism of everyone we came into contact with at The Somerset. I would love to list them all individually but honestly I would have to list everyone! This was a large part of the reason we chose to return to The Somerset for the second year... that and of course the beach is gorgeous! It was also nice to see so many of the same faces. The first day we walked in to our unit to our groceries being unpacked and put away for us - wow! I think the fact that there were so many familiar faces speaks well to the satisfaction and pride most employees feel in their positions - any time we called for and/or needed anything someone responded instantly... and with a smile - and they adjusted their cleaning time all week to best fit our schedule.

I also absolutely have to give a shout out to Sharon in the Kids' Club. It is clear how much she loves her job... and the kids all adore her in return. Last year our son didn't want to go to the Kids' Club... until after his first visit. Then he insisted on going at least once a day. This year (much to my husband's dismay) he absolutely HAD to go to both sessions each day (unless we had an excursion planned) and would count down the minutes in the morning until he could go and see Ms. Sharon. He cried on his last day at the idea of leaving her... we almost did too! I also love that the arts and crafts the kids are doing are worthwhile and engaging... and that they were different from last year. I heard several other parents commenting regarding the same thing - we all referred to Ms. Sharon as the "child whisperer" and it was nice knowing that we parents would get a small break each day.

Once again, we thank everyone at The Somerset for helping our family have a wonderful vacation and look forward to seeing everyone again soon!

Room Tip: Great service, great beaches and views, awesome pool, fantastic Kids' Club
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Cindi
Reviewed 3 September 2018 via mobile

When I say that I knew I was on vacation when I arrived at the Somerset,I mean it.....We felt taken care of as soon as my daughter and I was greeted by Adrian at front desk check-in. But it didn’t end there, our complimentary breakfast with Sara as my server was fabulous.... right down to the Harney & Son black tea that I drank.... My daughter and I didn’t want to leave our villa but when we did, we headed straight to the beach where we were taken care of by Loxley and Jodesti....I thought my 2016 trip to Honolulu, HI was the ultimate vacay but I was quite mistaken after my stay here at The Somerset, this location easily topped my Hawaiian visit and it is easier to travel to, with that said, I plan on visiting this place again in the next few months.....

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank josiewelz
Reviewed 21 August 2018

My family and I stayed at The Somerset in the 3 Bedroom Estate and 2 bedroom Ocean View suites for 5 days and 4 nights. I don't even know how to begin to thank the staff enough for making our stay perfect. From talking to Berry before we even arrived that assisted us with our rental car arrangements and answered other questions. To Adrian that made sure we had bikes for our morning ride each day. To Rico, Loxley, Quentin (?) and the others on the beach that treated us like they had known us forever and took great care of us. We made sure to visit Joseph and Nigel each day for lunch. I truly miss the comical conversations and the delicious food Joseph cooked and the fantastic Pina Coladas that Nigel prepared. Breakfast will never be the same without Miranda and Sara. I never learned the chef's name at breakfast but he was always so kind and friendly. The recommendations they made for places to go, and how they treated us like visiting family was very sweet. Warren and Onandi's smiles and warm personalities greeted us and truly exemplify beautiful spirits. Our new buddy Sharon welcomed us with open arms and has a contagious smile. We look forward to coming back to the Turks and Caicos just so we can visit the staff. Oh, and thank you to the staff for making my sister's birthday special. The card, balloons and champaign placed in the suite for her was a pleasant surprise. I am a Director of Programs and Events for a national organization in the US. I regularly have to talk to staff at events on how to provide quality customer service and how to make attendees at events feel welcomed and appreciated, this staff goes above and beyond and are the most genuine staff I have been around. Superb team at The Somerset on Grace Bay!

Room Tip: Best staff, beautiful suites, and relaxing atmosphere
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Carolyn J
Reviewed 21 August 2018 via mobile

I just spent 5 days at The Somerset Resort and I’m reflecting on the warm, customer service that defines this hotel. Staff was great and the accommodations are very nice. I wouldn’t hesitate to stay here again.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank feliciaspr
Reviewed 19 August 2018

I stayed at The Somerset on Grace Bay for five days and four nights. It was a wonderful experience. Every morning Miranda ensured that my family had everything we wanted for breakfast. She was always very pleasant and tentative to our needs. The chefs on the island were fantastic. Joseph was my favorite chef. He made excellent fish tacos and ceviche, and he served the best conch fitters that I had on the island. Nigel made the absolute best piña colada that I have ever had. Nigel and Onandi went over and beyond to make the lunch experience wonderful. My family actually preferred the food that we had for lunch at the hotel better than we did at many of the highly suggested restaurants.

The Somerset has one of the best ocean views and beach experiences. I enjoyed spending every single day of my stay at Somerset on the beach. Rico, Loxley, Chipy, and Quincley made the beach experience wonderful (the entire beach staff seemed great; even though I didn't get a chance to speak to Collin that much because I spent most days at the beach, he was very nice every time I walked past the pool to get to and from the beach). They helped us with kayaks, floats, sailing, and anything else that my family and I wanted. They were kind and very patient with my family. I couldn't have asked for better service.

Honestly, I could not have had a better stay than at the Somerset. The accommodations are very nice, but the people make it one of the best experiences that I have ever had. I look forward to visiting again.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family