The Somerset on Grace Bay
Grace Bay Club(Providenciales)(Great Value!)
US$1,763
Hotels.com
Villa del Mar(Providenciales)(Great Value!)
US$673
US$551
Travelocity
Caribbean Paradise Inn(Providenciales)(Great Value!)
US$301
US$293
Hotels.com
Windsong Resort(Providenciales)(Great Value!)
US$679
Gansevoort Turks + Caicos(Grace Bay)(Great Value!)
US$1,159
US$1,019
Le Vele Resort(Providenciales)(Great Value!)
US$806
The Tuscany(Providenciales)(Great Value!)
US$913
Travelocity
Club Med Turkoise, Turks & Caicos(Grace Bay)(Great Value!)
US$589
clubmed.us
  • Breakfast included
Ocean Club Resort(Providenciales)(Great Value!)
US$317
Hotwire.com
West Bay Club(Providenciales)(Great Value!)
US$1,483
TripAdvisor
All reviewsviking appliancespool barbilly joepavilion restaurantcroquet lawngrace baytuesday nightbeach barbecuethe complimentary continental breakfastregent palmsfull kitchenbeach staffthree bedroomliving roompool sidebeautiful propertyhobie cats
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 February 2011

Since vacation time is a premium for us at this point in our lives....we think of it as an investment.
Taking off only 2-3 weeks a year....I do not want to go somewhere and think....it was not as nice as a previous trip.
Providenciales has been our favorite Caribbean location of well over a dozen islands. And The Somerset has been EVERYTHING that we could imagine. Stunning architecture and and a well thought out resort like a Robert Trent golf course.
Well furnished suites with top notch fittings. Staff that not only caters to your needs but do so with a smile.
Once you arrive on the property it is like all of your day to day cares are melted away.
The ocean facing pools, croquet lawn, Zen garden just add to the relaxing feature of this resort.
We TRULY can not wait to return.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tcimike
Reviewed 11 January 2011

We stayed a week at one of the 3 bedroom suites with our toddler and the grandparents. The service was incredibly friendly, the rooms were very clean, and the setting was very intimate. We were looking for something a little more secluded from the big chains and found it at the Somerset. The accommodations were excellent and I think because the property wasn't huge you received very personalized service -- the staff was incredibly friendly and would go out of their way to make sure that you had everything you needed - in fact we had forgotten a few baby items and the staff tracked them down free of charge!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank JonMorgan1
Reviewed 29 December 2010

My husband and I were married at the Somerset and this review is strictly of the hotel. Though we did have problems with a third party vendor they use I choose to not let that mar our experience.
This hotel is located in front of the best strip of beach on Grace Bay hands down. We walked along Grace Bay in both directions from the hotel and though the beach was nice in front of the other resorts there was tons of seaweed and coral....not in front of the Somerset! It was crystal clear and as blue as the waters in Bora Bora. Absolutely DIVINE! We couldn't have picked a better location for our wedding.
The hotel staff is incredible: Clarissa at the front desk is knowledgeable and very helpful. Javier knows everything (also at front desk), Winston was always all smiles and could brighten any day and Eva could get you set up with any activity you wanted to do. The staff truly made our stay enjoyable and everyone that attended our wedding still talks about the staff (particularly those mentioned) and how great their customer service was.
Watch out for the drinks at the pool bar, they creep up on you, the portions are a bit small compared to american portions but I like to think they are just right.
The rooms are huge....I am not exaggerating HUGE! In the garden view one bedrooms you can easily accommodate 2 couples.
The grounds are well maintained, everyday the staff can be seen manicuring the lawn and tending to the plants. I found the staff to be very honest and their customer service is excellent. Everyone treats you like a friend.
We only ate at O'Soliel one night the food was good and the wine selection was adequate.
Do ask Warren (when he greets you at the airport) about Gemma Lounge. Do have dinner at Bay Bistro the food is delightful and Joan and Clive have a great thing going there. The Reef is supposed to be a good restaurant but when we went I found the service to be very lacking although the food was great (it could be because they were getting ready to move locations though). Do consider a snorkeling trip on board Atabeyra (David's crew is top notch). We had a chance to hang out at Jimmy's Dive Bar and it was a good time...we watched the HEAT vs Celtics game on their huge flat screen tvs and enjoyed a few cold ones. My hubby and the rest of the crew had a grand time at DannyBoys (I wish I had gone because they pics they came back with shows everyone obviously had a blast).
Warning the lock out rooms are small but in relation to the size of the average room in a hotel in NY it is pretty much the same size, it is a regular hotel room. We only had two guests who stayed in them and they were not bothered by the size at all.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Trvl_Prncss
Reviewed 18 November 2010

The Somerset really does look like the amazing pictures on their website. When my husband and I arrived at the Somerset we were thrilled and felt like we walked into a post card. The water really is that blue & the pool is perfect. We love lounging by the pool and the beach so we expected a lot from both; The Somerset pool and Grace Bay delieverd! The grounds are gorgous and manicured. We loved the small luxury of the resort and prefer it 100 times over the large scale luxury resort.

The service at The Somerset was great! All of the staff were friendly and jumped to help with anything. They were prompt with any requests. I couldn't figure out how to use the entertainment system and the staff was patient and prompt with their help!

We were married in Turks and Caicos. We were married in the beach in front of the resort, with cocktail hour by the infinity pool, and the reception at the croquet lawn. After viewing the other resorts on the island, Craig and I picked the best place to hold a wedding. They olimit weddings to only 1 wedding per weekend. The wedding planner Diane from Island Harmony made the wedding perfect and worked closely with the Somerset to meet every request. Diane is highly recommended.

Our 1 bedroom ocean view suit was perfect and beautiful. It was large and well the views, as previously discussed, were priceless. The maids did a wonderful job cleaning even when we were messy. The room was clean and perfect for my husband and I.

The poolside bar was great, but I wish they had an extended food selection. Additionally, the restaurant for The Somerset is highly rated, but not overlooking the beautiful water.

Overall, I highly recommend The Somerset from everyone in there twenties through 70's. My husband and I loved it as well as our family!

There is not a spa at the resort, but they recommend the next door resort or can arrange to have spa services in your room.

The water toys were great. We kayaked and took out the hobby cat (the staff will show you how to use). The conceirge can help with any excurisions you may want & they are very helpful. --> the locals on Turks and Caicos are friendly and welcoming!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank KKW2010
Reviewed 8 November 2010

The Somerset is top notch. The staff is so accommodating and friendly, willing to do anything for you! The condo (3 bedroom/3 bath ocean front) we stayed in was beautifully decorated, clean and had amazing views. The beds were extremely comfortable and the bathrooms were absolutely heavenly! The kitchen was to die for with all Viking appliances and everything you need to cook a meal if you wish. The terrace spanned the entire front of the building and was complete with a dining table for 8, a viking grill and hot tub. We loved waking up in the morning and having breakfast and coffee on the terrace while looking out at Grace bay which is just stunning.

Stay at The Somerset if you can and you WILL NOT be disappointed!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple