My fiancée and I just got back from a five night stay at the Somerset on Grace Bay and it was fantastic!! I’m signing up on Trip Advisor just to post this review because it is so well deserved. The team at the Somerset was incredible. I work in the hospitality industry and trust me when I say that I am very hard to impress. Usually when I stay at hotels I immediately see all the flaws and that’s what I remember most. Not for this trip, and not for the Somerset. Everything from the grounds to the room to the pool and beach was amazing!
The grounds are absolutely stunning, well kept and clean. Every morning you will see the staff cleaning the pool and pool area as well as the beach. We walked the entire beach on grace bay during our stay and Somerset definitely has one of the best sections of the beach. Other hotels had seaweed and were overcrowded and small. The beach at Somerset was clean with plenty of chairs and space for you to relax and not feel like you’re on top of your neighbors.
The pool area as well was great. There are only 60 or so units in the resort which made for a quite peaceful atmosphere around the pool . No getting up at 7am to run down and put your books and towels on a chair to hold it which was great.
The room was wonderful as well. It was very spacious for a resort, with modern kitchen furnishings and a traditional island resort feel. The room was well taken care of by housekeeping and was very clean every time we returned from our day on the island. They also turned down the room at night with fresh towels which was nice.
We ate at the pool/beach bar for lunch almost every day and the food was great. They had a wide assortment of menu options and everything we tried from the conch to the pizza was very good. We never made it to dinner at the hotel but did also have breakfast a few mornings which was also very good and affordable. The continental breakfast was a bonus!
Last but certainly not least was the service. The Somerset definitely earns its stars from its service. Make sure to say hello to Janet and Jonathan at the pool bar, they were so attentive and friendly. The concierge was great with helping us get reservations from dinner to diving. From the second we arrived (Ricardo from the hotel met us and another couple at the airport) to our final minutes before leaving, we received excellent service everywhere we went. Everyone remembered our names, what room we were in, where we were from. It was incredible and made our stay that much better.
I highly recommend the Somerset and will definitely be going back again soon!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on 4.6 Acres of the world-famous Turks and Caicos beach, The Somerset on Grace Bay is an intimate luxury resort where couples and families alike enjoy treasured times together. The five-star resort features 53 one- to five-bedroom luxury villas ranging from 1,400 to 5,300 sq. Ft. Each with ample living, dining and entertaining spaces and gourmet kitchens equipped with Viking appliances. Two restaurants and bars, two freshwater pools, fitness center, full service spa with in-suite spa services, a range of activities on land and sea, complimentary Caicos Kids Club, and concierge services complement your family vacation, group getaway or romantic interlude. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, West Indies, Hotels.com, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Somerset on Grace Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Somerset On Grace Bay Hotel Providenciales
- Somerset On Grace Bay Providenciales
- Somerset Grace Bay
- Somerset On Grace Bay Hotel
- The Somerset On Grace Bay Turks And Caicos/Providenciales