“Can't Go Wrong”

and up
Edge of the Banks Tour
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: 'FIRST IN, LAST OUT' is part of our motto for maximizing the guest experience. Specializing in small group and private eco-adventures our intimate and educational programs include scuba diving, kayaking, stand-up paddle-boarding, kite-boarding, snorkeling, biking and cultural eco-tours that span the entire breadth of the Turks and Caicos archipelago. The Ocean is our inspiration, exploring is our passion and innovation is our trademark. Since 1997 Big Blue Unlimited has continued to set the standards in adventure across the Turks & Caicos Islands and has never wavered from its core philosophy that 'less is more'.
Reviewed 12 June 2014

We did the snorkel 1/2 day and the kayak 1/2 day over two days and enjoyed both immensely. The professional staff made it fun for all. The snorkel drive was like swimming in coral reef exhibit at Chicago's Shedd Aquarium, complete with a 5 foot nurse shark, sea turtle and barracuda. The mangrove kayak trip was serene. Big Blue does it right. Thanks Philip, Chino, Blue and Re (and to Atalyse for the booking and for the amazing pearl jewelry) We had a great time.

1  Thank bretjina
in 10 reviews
"scuba diving"
in 24 reviews

Reviewed 8 June 2014

Dave is an excellent dive master. LIzzie, Amanda, and Brent made for great, safe diving in a wonderful part of the world.

1  Thank Wideglidewanted
Reviewed 5 June 2014

We have been diving with Big Blue for over 10 years now. They are the best! Did three 2-tank dives. Nice and small groups go out. Very personable. I missed diving with Lynn, but Dave, Brent, Lizzie and Tom were great! Keep up the great job and I hope to make it down in February one year.

1  Thank joe_patrick
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We did the Stand Up Paddleboard Tour and it was excellent. It turned out that our tour was a private one. Ray our guide, made our excursion fun and educational. It was a little challenging at first, but Ray was there with guidance every step of the way. We were able to see the mangroves and the wildlife up close. I am glad we did it! Thanks Big Blue for a great experience and good memories!

See more reviews
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I am a new diver. Just 8 open dives under my belt. When I go diving, I like to feel supremely confident that the guides know what they are doing, do not push beyond my comfort zone (but are encouraging as I become more emboldened and curious), and are mindful of safety. I took a refresher course (an hour or so) because it had been almost a year since my last dive. Tom was patient, reinforcing, and very knowledgeable. Once we got onto the boat and involved with the dives, both Tom and Ben knew the flora and fauna well. We saw Caribbean reef sharks, nurse sharks, a sea turtle, and octopus. The visibility was 100+ feet and the water was 81F. The wall is spectacular. I highly recommend these guys ... I would definitely dive with them again.