My husband and I were so glad we picked Reef Residences for our first trip to T&C!
The condos were big and clean with daily maid service. The bed was a little soft and uncomfortable but we managed. The walk to the beach, just past Windsong Resort, is actually a shorter walk than navigating though most giant hotel properties to the beach. And the walk to the reef is directly in front of Coral Gardens, 2 properties away, great snorkeling! You can sign up for a 2-hour sunset cruise (recommended) at the surf shop at Coral Gardens ($60/person). (So you get most of the perks but don't pay the price as CG.)
It was great having a kitchen and preparing breakfast and lunch every day. (Taxi to IGA=$5 each way. Our taxi driver, Wayne, even waited for us to shop.)
The property is super quiet and peaceful, well maintained, nice/gracious/friendly/helpful staff (as we found most of the staff to be on the island). They set up chairs/umbrellas on the beach and offered an umbrella for the day when we left the area. They put a DVD player in our room and lent us movies. Sweet. Oh and free wi-fi. I was actually glad we had our laptop so we could make plans and stay connected with home while there. This is not a place where all the action is, if you need a 24/hour reception/concierge or on-site restaurant, stay at another property.
DINING: Somewhere Cafe is nearby (in Coral Gardens, short walk on the beach) and great food/service. We went there 3 times in 1 week and the waitress hugged me on our last visit! Coco Bistro is also not to be missed. Mango Reef at Alexandria was not good. And surprisingly, Magnolia was just OK, nothing special (though the view of Turtle Cove was spectacular). Don't bother with Tiki Hut or Sharkbites (typical bar food) but the marina dining was nice if you prefer a view over food quality.
If you didn't rent a car for your stay, we highly recommend renting a car for one day (Grace Bay Rentals delivered to RR, ask for steering on the left!) and checking out Sapodilla Bay, drive by Chalk Sound and though Silly Creek and go to lunch/sunset dinner at Las Bresas (closed Tuesdays. Note: most non-hotel restaurants are closed on Mondays). We also toured the conch farm on Leeward Hwy (near the dock to the ferry for N. Caicos). Our guide was lovely.
Bring your own snorkel gear (or be prepared to rent it).
Bring your own suntan lotion (it's worth paying to check a bag than buy it on the island).
Bring your own bug spray (for your ankles and feet and arms after the sun goes down. Some restaurants have it at the tables. You won't feel them biting but you will feel it the next morning.)
Bring a light jacket/shall for the evenings.
Our trip couldn't have gone better. I wish we were still there! (I also wish I read this same review before going, we would have been better prepared for our trip!) Enjoy!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- These 24, two-level Bermuda style residences embrace the charm of the islands. At the center of the three buildings is a free-form pool and whirlpool Jacuzzi. The tranquil atmosphere includes lavish landscaping of fragrant frangipani, hibiscus, brillian bougainvillea and palms. All suites have fully equipped kitchens with stainless steel appliances, living rooms, dining area, bedroom with king-size bed and master bathroom. The lower level suites have a second bathroom with a shower. A spa and fitness center featuring state-of-the-art health club equipment is located on site. Daily maid service is included. The famous snorkeling reef is a 200 ft. walk down a paved walk way. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Ebookers, Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Reef Residences on Grace Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Reef Residences On Grace Bay Hotel Providenciales
- Reef Residences On Grace Bay Turks And Caicos/Providenciales