“Heaven on Earth? I think so!”
Review of The Tuscany

The Tuscany
Ranked #2 of 44 Hotels in Providenciales
Reviewed 7 June 2011

My tan is starting to fade, reality has set back in, but I will never forget the amazing week I just spent in the Turks and Caicos at The Tuscany and on Grace Bay Beach. Any superlatives I can throw around will not do it justice, but allow me to try. We arrived at The Tuscany and were promptly greeted by both Terria and Shawnemae - two lovely and kind women. They showed us to our room and made sure we had everything we needed to be comfortable. The room at The Tuscany was beautiful! We had a 3-bedroom unit in the west building; it was beautifully furnished, had a fully stocked gourmet kitchen, and an awesomely huge screened in porch facing the beach and the ocean.

I was traveling with my dad and brother and we wanted a nice, relaxing beach vacation... and that is exactly what we got! I will never forget crossing over the boardwalk from The Tuscany and onto Grace Bay beach for the first time, and seeing that white sand and turquoise water just stretch on forever. The Tuscany is towards one end of the beach, which makes it nice and peaceful - there's no fighting over beach chairs and umbrellas, plenty to go around. If you're looking for some more action you can just take a stroll down the beach, there were generally more people hanging out in front of Club Med and some of the other hotels just up the beach. The Tuscany itself doesn't have any restaurants, but right next door at the Ocean Club there's a little beach restaurant, serving nice, stiff drinks and yummy food. Most of the hotels on the beach have some kind of bar that looks out over the beach - I'm pretty sure we had a drink at almost all of them, it was fun to just walk down the beach and explore, see where you'd end up. The Tuscany also has a lovely pool... though I was too occupied by the ocean to actually use it.

I'm a beach girl, so for me, that was what this trip was all about. I'm sure there are some other amazing beaches out there in the world, but I just can't imagine any of them being better than Grace Bay. The color of the water is mesmerizing, the fine sand underneath your toes, all of it, just amazing. There is a large coral reef off-shore which keeps the big waves at bay, allowing you to hang out right at the edge and not have to deal with waves crashing ashore. I spent many hours where the water meets the sand, hunting for shells.

We did do a handful of activities during our stay. There's not a whole lot to do on the island itself, so most of the activities involve the ocean - which was fine by me! We did an awesome snorkeling/conch diving trip with Caicos Dreams Tours, rode the Provo Ponies along the beach, and my personal favorite; went fishing with Captain Arthur and SilverDeep, where we caught all kinds of fish, including strawberry grouper, Queen Triggers, a 30-lb barracuda and even some lemon sharks.

In conclusion... the Turks and Caicos is wonderfully amazing, The Tuscany is a classy and perfect home base from which to explore, and Grace Bay beach is my idea of paradise, perfect in every way. Go... you won't regret it. We're already planning our next trip back.

P.S. take a trip to Danny Buoy's, a little Irish pub down near the Seven Stars. Cool locals hangout, not touristy at all... and karaoke night on Tuesdays is a RIOT! Say hi to Mark the bartender for me!

Room Tip: All units are "best" and face the beach.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank stoneymuggins

Reviewed 2 June 2011

My husband and I treated ourselves to a stay at The Tuscany on Grace Bay Beach in Providenciales in April 2011. We can't say enough good things about The Tuscany. Our accommodations were spacious and beautifully decorated, with every imaginable amenity. We particularly enjoyed the large screened-in porch where we spent our mornings having breakfast while taking in the beautiful white sand beach and turquoise waters.

Since the resort is located on the far end of Grace Bay Beach, it was never crowded and there was always an abundance of beach chairs and umbrellas available for guests. For those who enjoy a nice dip in the pool, The Tuscany has a lovely one on the property.

Terria Misick, the General Manager, is a treasure! She makes guests feel welcome and works hard to make your stay at The Tuscany a special one. Terria booked excursions for us, provided valuable information about the island, and also made reservations for us at some of the island's wonderful restaurants.

A couple of out-of-the ordinary things we especially liked... The resort provides guests with cell phones, so you can make inter-island calls during your stay. We also emailed a grocery order to The Tuscany before we arrived, so the refrigerator and kitchen cabinets in our unit were stocked with all our favorite goodies when we got there.

In closing, we loved The Tuscany and recommend it highly. We hope we will be able to return for another visit soon.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Debbie_L_11
Reviewed 2 June 2011

My wife and I honeymooned on Provo. We did dive and snorkeling trips and other excursions, with The Tuscany as our home base. It was wonderful! The Tuscany staff has been friendly, helpful, and respectful of our privacy. The suite is large (love having a kitchen and two bathrooms for just the two of us), nicely furnished. AC and ceiling fans. Although we have kids in the suite overhead now, for most of our stay it has been very quiet, and even now it's not bad. The beach (Grace Bay; beautiful) is visible out our rear balcony window; wonderful for watching sunsets. Our section of beach was not at all crowded. The ocean is only a two minute stroll away from our suite. Reserved parking for the rental car; very much appreciated! Internet access is somewhat intermittent, but a call to the manager leads to a "reset" that has always restored the connectivity. In-suite washer & dryer, in-room safe, screened balcony. No restaurant on site, but two nice ones a short walk away. Need a car to get to the grocery store, but that has not been a problem. Not much on TV and can't get Netflix or other streaming shows because we're outside the US, but did I mention "honeymoon" ? Nice pool, which we often had to ourselves. Not much to see snorkeling right off the beach, but we did spot a flounder and a few other fish right offshore, and lots of dive/snorkeling trips are available.

Room Tip: Ask for suite with side view (not building center)
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Good2GoTogether
Reviewed 31 May 2011

My husband and I treated our three adult children to a beach/diving vacation in TCI and stayed one week at The Tuscany. We wanted a condo setting that allowed all of us our own rooms but also a place to gather for meals and conversation. We couldn't have found anything nicer or more comfortable than The Tuscany. The three-bedroom condo was tastefully decorated and very comfortable. The state-of-the-art kitchen was large and well equipped. Most of the appliances and equipment appeared to be brand new. Terria and Shawnemae were very welcoming and went out of their way to try and help us with reservations and recommendations. In fact, when one of our desired restaurants wasn't answering the phone, Terria actually drove there to make our reservation!

Even though it's a condominium, there is still daily housekeeping service, toiletries, laundry detergent and even a loaner cell phone. There is no restaurant on site but the neighboring site has one and it's just a short walk. Having a kitchen was convenient as the restaurants and grocery stores are very expensive. Not only did we enjoy eating breakfast every morning on the screened porch, the spectacular view was the perfect setting for cocktails at sunset. The beach is beautiful and very private. Beach towels, lounge chairs and umbrellas are provided.

The Tuscany helped make this vacation perfect in every way.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank KimberlyMM
Reviewed 22 May 2011

Awesome! Rented a 3 bedroom villa that was breathtaking the moment we opened the door. Exceeded our expectations. Shawnemae, Terria and the entire staff are top notch. Can't say enough how wonderful our trip was. Planning to return and def stay at the Tuscany and recommend for every to experience the luxury of being treated like a King and Queen.

• Stayed: May 2011
2  Thank Lisacapnygurl
Reviewed 9 May 2011

They are! The Tuscany really is as good as these reviewers say. My son and I spent a week there over spring break. We certainly want to go back; bring the whole family this time; and stay at The Tuscany again. Terria, Shawne, and the whole staff are friendly and very helpful. The Tuscany is far from a mega resort. It is a private retreat on an uncluttered beach. There is no restaurant or bar (though you can walk to one on the adjacent property). There are always plenty of empty chairs at the pool or the beach. If you are looking for a crowd - look elsewhere, but if you want to feel at home, relax on a beautiful beach, and have helpful, friendly service, then this is your place.

Room Tip: All rooms face the beach.
  • Stayed: April 2011
2  Thank PhlatKrazy
Reviewed 9 May 2011

Stayed in an apartment on the fourth floor in the east building 3 nights on a short trip to T&C. Supernice facilities, supernice locaction, excellent beach/pool, quiet, peaceful, clean, spacious, absolutely stunning views.

Property Managers/Front Desk helpful beyond what would be expected. We had to leave a day early due to unforeseen events and we ended up not paying for the last night without even asking.

I have never wanted to go back to a vacation place/facility I've been because it seems like there's always a better location or nicer facility somewhere else. Like, next time I want to be closer to...., or next time I want something quieter,...... This was perfect and I want to go back. This time I didn't bring my 3 and 5 year olds, but I would definitely bring them back too.

Just perfect.

Room Tip: All rooms face the ocean
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple