My tan is starting to fade, reality has set back in, but I will never forget the amazing week I just spent in the Turks and Caicos at The Tuscany and on Grace Bay Beach. Any superlatives I can throw around will not do it justice, but allow me to try. We arrived at The Tuscany and were promptly greeted by both Terria and Shawnemae - two lovely and kind women. They showed us to our room and made sure we had everything we needed to be comfortable. The room at The Tuscany was beautiful! We had a 3-bedroom unit in the west building; it was beautifully furnished, had a fully stocked gourmet kitchen, and an awesomely huge screened in porch facing the beach and the ocean.
I was traveling with my dad and brother and we wanted a nice, relaxing beach vacation... and that is exactly what we got! I will never forget crossing over the boardwalk from The Tuscany and onto Grace Bay beach for the first time, and seeing that white sand and turquoise water just stretch on forever. The Tuscany is towards one end of the beach, which makes it nice and peaceful - there's no fighting over beach chairs and umbrellas, plenty to go around. If you're looking for some more action you can just take a stroll down the beach, there were generally more people hanging out in front of Club Med and some of the other hotels just up the beach. The Tuscany itself doesn't have any restaurants, but right next door at the Ocean Club there's a little beach restaurant, serving nice, stiff drinks and yummy food. Most of the hotels on the beach have some kind of bar that looks out over the beach - I'm pretty sure we had a drink at almost all of them, it was fun to just walk down the beach and explore, see where you'd end up. The Tuscany also has a lovely pool... though I was too occupied by the ocean to actually use it.
I'm a beach girl, so for me, that was what this trip was all about. I'm sure there are some other amazing beaches out there in the world, but I just can't imagine any of them being better than Grace Bay. The color of the water is mesmerizing, the fine sand underneath your toes, all of it, just amazing. There is a large coral reef off-shore which keeps the big waves at bay, allowing you to hang out right at the edge and not have to deal with waves crashing ashore. I spent many hours where the water meets the sand, hunting for shells.
We did do a handful of activities during our stay. There's not a whole lot to do on the island itself, so most of the activities involve the ocean - which was fine by me! We did an awesome snorkeling/conch diving trip with Caicos Dreams Tours, rode the Provo Ponies along the beach, and my personal favorite; went fishing with Captain Arthur and SilverDeep, where we caught all kinds of fish, including strawberry grouper, Queen Triggers, a 30-lb barracuda and even some lemon sharks.
In conclusion... the Turks and Caicos is wonderfully amazing, The Tuscany is a classy and perfect home base from which to explore, and Grace Bay beach is my idea of paradise, perfect in every way. Go... you won't regret it. We're already planning our next trip back.
P.S. take a trip to Danny Buoy's, a little Irish pub down near the Seven Stars. Cool locals hangout, not touristy at all... and karaoke night on Tuesdays is a RIOT! Say hi to Mark the bartender for me!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Privacy, luxury and intimacy are excellent words to describe The Tuscany - a luxury boutique resort offering 30 luxury suites. Located on Grace Bay Beach The Tuscany features an Italian inspired courtyard and European style swimming pool, two lighted tennis courts, complimentary wifi and complimentary bikes, and a fully equipped gym. All suites are oceanfront, with an open concept dining and living area, fully equipped kitchens with state of the art stainless steel appliances, granite countertops, travertine marble flooring. Master bedrooms with king bed overlook Grace Bay; the other two bedrooms, a queen and a set of twins, have ensuite bathrooms. Suites can be "locked off". Screened in patio, accessible by the master bedroom and/or the living room. Both living area and master suites feature panoramic ocean views and floor-to-ceiling windows. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Tuscany reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Tuscany Hotel Providenciales
- Tuscany Hotel Providenciales
- Tuscany Resort Providenciales
- The Tuscany Turks And Caicos/Providenciales