The Tuscany
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Reef Residences on Grace Bay(Providenciales)(Great Value!)
US$365
US$1,477
Hotels.com
Caribbean Paradise Inn(Providenciales)(Great Value!)
US$300
US$233
Alexandra Resort(Grace Bay)(Great Value!)
US$975
Travelocity
Gansevoort Turks + Caicos(Grace Bay)(Great Value!)
US$670
US$646
Orbitz.com
La Vista Azul Resort(Providenciales)(Great Value!)
US$406
US$249
West Bay Club(Providenciales)(Great Value!)
US$2,076
The Regent Grand(Providenciales)(Great Value!)
US$772
US$730
Point Grace(Providenciales)(Great Value!)
US$548
Club Med Turkoise, Turks & Caicos(Grace Bay)(Great Value!)
US$570
clubmed.us
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsdinner reservationsgrace bayocean club next doorgrocery listthree bedroomlocal cell phonequiet endrental carbeautiful condoscreened in porchlaundry roomdaily maid serviceprior to our arrivaltennis courtsmaster bathcabana bargrocery shopping
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 June 2012

We were at the Tuscany June 16 through June 23. This was not our first stay at T & C but our first visit to the Tuscany. The resort is on the quiet East end of Grace Bay which we prefer. It is new so not crowded yet. We had a one bedroom in the East building. It is the same as all units. They only lock the second and third bedroom so it was very spacious for my husband and I. We loved the screen patio for sitting outside in the evenings. Very easy walk right out to the beach. There are three good resturants close by but I do trecommend a car to venture out and explore all Grace Bay has to offer. The pool was beautiful but quite a few kids unsupervised so didn't get to use it or the hot tub much. The office/parking are in the front so bit a walk to access them. All office employees were very friendly and accomodating. Loved Shanamae and Terria. They go above and beyond the normal service. I recieved hugs every where I went. Lizette in housekeeping did a wonderful job cleaning but the other girls were hit an miss. All employees made a special effort to be friendly when they saw us out and about the resort. Every need was addressed in a timely manner. I recieved a voucher for a massage at the sister resort, The Venetian, next door. It was very good and the girl that did it was so nice and friendly. She also was a hugger. No resturan or store here but small convenient store at the entrance to the resort which belonged to Ocean Club next door. Over all loved our visit and highly recommend the Tuscany.

Room Tip: Get a higher floor for better view. Rent a car.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
8  Thank iluuvhawaii
Reviewed 19 June 2012

As victims of the recent Beaches Turks & Caicos Resort closure, we were relocated to the Tuscany resort. After getting over the initial disappointment of being displaced, we were more than satisfied with the accommodations at the Tuscany. These 3 bedroom beachfront condos come with first class appliances and amenities. As many other reviews have pointed out, enough can't be said about the service and professionalism of the management/staff. Although our original intent was to be guest of Beaches, we were treated with top-notch, first class service from beginning to end. I am one that is willing to pay more for better service and The Tuscany did not fail to deliver. For anyone seeking an upscale, relaxing beachside condo and contemplating the possibility of staying at this resort, look no further! It must be understood activities and amenities of this resort are very limited as there is no restaurant on the property. Although we had 2 children (age 6 and 1), this is not a place that focuses on entertaining kids. If your expectation is to relax and enjoy the amenities of the island, then you want be disappointed. The beach of Grace Bay is immaculate and. because the Tuscany has a limited amount of guest, there is never any competition for beachside chairs/umbrellas. It is advisable that you rent a vehicle for transportation to various sites and restaurants.

Restaurants
1. Bay Bistro - the best service we received during our visit. The food was fresh and tasty. Try the tuna and couch fritters for appetizer
2. Seven - this restaurant is a hidden gem located in the Seven Star resort. The food was delicious and the ambience was elegant. We enjoy fine dining and this place was as close as you can get on the island. We also believe in taking our children with us so they can be exposed and learn appropriate behavior in this type of atmosphere. We recognize that serving kids can often be a challenge, Seven was readily able to meet the needs of all ages. Bravo!
3. Mango Reef - nice outdoor atmosphere with a beautiful beachfront view. The sunset was amazing to watch from the canopy covered patio setting. The service was mediocre and the food is rated above average.
4. Caicos Cafe Bar & Grill - the food was delicious. The atmosphere was as outdoor patio setting without any spectacular views, but certainly with an appropriate island theme. I would consider this as one of my favorite restaurants, but the service was pea-poor. It was difficult to get more $8 per bottle water. After requesting my check, it took nearly 20 minutes for someone to take my payment (it probably would have taken longer but my family went to the car and I stood up from the table, so I guess they thought I was about to leave prompting them to act). Yes, I recognize that the timing of service is much slower than what is considered acceptable in the US, but my overall service experience was definitely sub-par.
5. Ocean Club Cabana Bar & Grill - nice beachfront setting, food and service mediocre. Certainly at the bottom of the restaurants listed above, but it is the closest in proximity to the Tuscany resort.

Activities
1. Provo Golf Club - I must start with a disclaimer (i.e. bragging rights) that my review of this course will be biased because I score my first ever "hole-in-one" on the hole #4, 166-yard par 3. With that said, this was a beautiful course with excellent staff. The greens were well maintained and the fairways were above average. The scenery was island themed with palm trees and a few lake holes. There is a practice net, but no true driving range. The price is $175 plus $30 to rent clubs (Taylormade irons, hybrid, woods and R-11 driver).
2. Sapodilla Bay - Rent a car, pack a lunch and drive to spend some time in the turquoise, calm waters of Sapodilla and Taylor bay. The sand feels like flour under your feet and the water is crystal clear with very few waves. You can literally walk out nearly a 100 yards from the shore and the water will only come up to your knees. This is a must do!
3. Submarine - this was a semi sub that had some unique views of the ocean floor. It was good for the kids, but not worth the $165 i spent for two adults, a 6 and 1 year-old.
4. Caicos Couch Farm - if you just need something to do
5. Downtown - I will reiterate what some else said. There is nothing downtown

Tips
1. Make reservations at Coco Bistro ASAP, even before arrival to the island
2. If using a credit card, do not forget to check if your company charges foreign transactions fees.
3. Rent a car and see the island
4. Food is very expensive relative to US prices. When shopping, go to the IGA grocery store. You can expect to pay approximately 40-50% more in the supermarket and much more from a convenience store. For example, bacon 16 oz package $10, 6 pack of corona beer $18.99, 24 pack of bottled water $7.99
5. Gas - when we were there regular (87 octane) gas $6.57/gallon. Cash or debit card only.
6. Airport - pack snacks for the wait in the airport. You will have to dispose of any beverages before proceeding through security, so that is not as important.
7. DVD - checkout the DVD movie collection that is located in the office of the Tuscany. Purchase some popcorn and movie night
8. Bug repellant - Pack some bug repellant (OFF) as the night time mosquitoes can be brutal
9. Laundry - each condo is equipped with a full washer and dryer so pack some washing detergent (preferably the HE detergent packages) and dryer sheets

14  Thank Innov8ive
Reviewed 17 June 2012

My husband and I have stayed many places and this is without a doubt one of the best. We will come back. The place was immaculate...the housekeeper, Lizette, was hardworking and wonderful!!! The beach and water are gorgeous. It was a wonderful family vacation...very relaxing and peaceful!

3  Thank brendasue09
Reviewed 13 June 2012

I have travelled a lot and it really does take a lot to impress me. The room was decorated to a great finish with ample space. The beach felt really secluded and lovely white sand - beautiful weather - If you want total rest and relaxation this is the perferct place. I highly recommen parallel 23 restaurant that is not far but the food is delicious. I used one of the barbeques available to use on one of the evenings which was also a nice touch, This is a very different experience to a 'normal' holiday. If you want lots of noise and hectic nights I wouldn't recommend this place but it was perfect for us to totally chill out!I had just come from Miami which may have made this seem more peacful. One thing that you will notice is that obviously due a lot of items being imported a few items may seem expensive. I would definatley go back - which is also strange for me because the world is so big, I try not to revisit places... but when you find somewhere this great its an easy claim to make.

Room Tip: All villas are to a high standard, beds are 4 poster ... I had a balcony that look directly out to the ocean
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Holidaytastes
Reviewed 10 June 2012

The Tuscany is very highly rated, and justifiably so. It is gorgeous, immaculate, and very comfortable. Fabulous screened porch with beautiful views. The office is staffed by incredibly nice and helpful people. The restaurant next door at the Ocean Club is great for breakfast, lunch and dinner for those who wish to walk to a restaruant rather than make use of their kitchen. Many fine restaruants are a short taxi ride away. The office staff will make any arrangements you request.

Room Tip: Higher rooms have better views, but walking from the screened porch directly out towards the beach on the first floor is very nice also.
3  Thank sheltieX2