It's important to note that The Tuscany is serviced condos, and *not* a hotel. This might help to mitigate expectations at the outset: there is no one physically available to help after 5 pm and before 9 am. They are reachable by phone, but there is only so much one can do to help over the phone.
The setting is absolutely beautiful, and the suites are extremely well appointed. The grounds are impeccably kept, including a gorgeous courtyard area with a swimming pool. My one complaint about the physical space is that the pocket door of the master bathroom in our suite kept sliding open. There was literally no way to keep it closed - no latch or lock. That, and the cell phone provided for free in each suite - the one in our party's other suite always died within minutes of being "fully charged." An oversight in an otherwise lovely space.
Luckily, there's also a beachside restaurant at the resort next door that serves pretty good food and drinks.
In general though, customer service at The Tuscany is minimal at best. When you can reach them, the skeleton crew of staff are friendly and nice. But it often requires asking the same question multiple times, in several different ways, before one can actually get a straight answer. Requests for things as straightforward as restaurant reservations are fulfilled at a slow pace. (They offer to help with this and several other services, but are slow to respond when you take them up on it.)
When things go a bit awry, as they are wont to do anytime a person travels, the staff makes an effort to help, but is obviously not trained to the level of thoroughness and professionalism a real hotel provides. Two examples:
1) My luggage was stranded in Miami, and despite multiple phone calls to American Airlines reminding them to send my luggage when it arrived, when the taxi (!) delivered luggage to several resorts including The Tuscany, mine was missing. Although we had told the staff several times exactly who was expecting luggage, this message was never passed onto the security staff, and they did not bother to check or even take down any contact information for the taxi driver who had everyone's luggage.
I had a similar luggage problem in Nairobi, Kenya ... and hands down, the staff at the Intercontinental Hotel there (not to mention the airport staff) handled the whole thing a thousand times better.
2) One of the travelers in our party left her Kindle e-reader at the Tuscany by mistake. Almost a month later, with endless emails back and forth, she still doesn't have the Kindle. Any five star hotel would have already mailed the item back to her, but this basic function is not something the staff at The Tuscany appear to have any experience in, or protocol for.
I enjoyed my stay very much, but recommend The Tuscany with the big caveat not to expect much in terms of service, even though the staff is very nice. If they can get the service part up to an international standard, The Tuscany would be perfect.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Privacy, luxury and intimacy are excellent words to describe The Tuscany - a luxury boutique resort offering 30 luxury suites. Located on Grace Bay Beach The Tuscany features an Italian inspired courtyard and European style swimming pool, two lighted tennis courts, complimentary wifi and complimentary bikes, and a fully equipped gym. All suites are oceanfront, with an open concept dining and living area, fully equipped kitchens with state of the art stainless steel appliances, granite countertops, travertine marble flooring. Master bedrooms with king bed overlook Grace Bay; the other two bedrooms, a queen and a set of twins, have ensuite bathrooms. Suites can be "locked off". Screened in patio, accessible by the master bedroom and/or the living room. Both living area and master suites feature panoramic ocean views and floor-to-ceiling windows. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your The Tuscany reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Tuscany Hotel Providenciales
- Tuscany Hotel Providenciales
- Tuscany Resort Providenciales
- The Tuscany Turks And Caicos/Providenciales