My boyfriend and I booked our trip to the Turks & Caicos mainly to kiteboard. We were initially a little concerned this place was so far from everything (Long Bay and restaurants) but it was reasonably priced (everything on Provo is expensive), on the beach and had decent reviews. We also booked our trip last minute so we didn't have much to choose from. After talking to Kristen at the front desk we learned we could kiteboard in the bay right in front of the hotel. For kiters, we much preferred this over Long Bay as we had the whole beach to ourselves (Long Bay while beautiful was packed with other kiters), the wind was side-shore vs directly onshore at Long Bay, we had a little tiki hut with lounge chairs, there was a hotel restaurant from which we ordered cocktails and lunch, a hot tub for easing sore muscles after a long day of kiting, and we didn't have to leave the hotel. It was a perfect day!
The room itself was quite large, clean, with a very comfortable bed. The kitchen had all of the necessities but not much more than that.
These are privately owned condos rented out. Kristen from the front desk informed us she can often negotiate a cheaper rate than advertised by working with the owners if you call her directly. I would recommend calling her first before booking through a website. She is extremely helpful, responds quickly and lives on site. Just call the main number and ask for her.
Northwest Point is off the beaten path and a quiet resort but after our stay I'd say that is the best part about it. You will need to rent a car if you stay here but I would recommend that no matter where you stay on the island. It is very easy to get around after a day or so to get acclimated.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Northwest Point Resort is located on 16 miles of white sand beach on the northwest marine park on the main island of Provo in Turks and Caicos. The resort is private, affordable and offers guests a relaxing vacation. With an oversized heated pool and jacuzzi tub the resort is ocean front. Condo's are fully furnished suites. Kitchen amenities include fridge, stove, washer dryer, dishwasher, King, Queen and single beds. Condos have multiple bathrooms and all of them have balconies with spectacular views of the ocean. The Caribbean inspired suites are spacious, clean and tastefully decorated. Linens are included and any offsite activities can be organized by our staff at the request of our guests. Enjoy strolling our private beach or relaxing on lounge chairs pool side. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Northwest Point Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Northwest Point Hotel Providenciales
- Northwest Point Providenciales
- Northwest Point Resort Turks And Caicos/Providenciales