We stayed at the Northwest Point Resort in Provo Jan 12 - 19, 2009. The resort is nice looking, and one of the best values on the island. However, it is quite a ways away from the main tourist area (Grace Bay). Keep in mind, though, that you can drive from one side of the island to the other in less than half an hour. If staying here, you MUST rent a car. Also, I would definitely advise that you do not arrive at night and attempt to find the hotel in the dark. It's located at the end of the main highway, which turns into a packed-gravel road. It's not particularly hard to find (just follow the road and signs), but would be a little tricky in the dark for the first time.
The atmosphere is very low-key. If there's anything you need, the staff is willing to help. The nice thing here is that it's all suites, so you have a full kitchen. Eating out in Provo can be very expensive. We had some great meals, but were able to save a bunch of money by buying groceries and making meals at home.
The hotel is far away from the main tourist area, and there's not much else around. There is a restaurant at the hotel, but I didn't really ever see it operating during our stay. The hotel was very empty though, so it might just not have been worth it. The beach is practically deserted - we walked for 3 hours and only saw one other couple. There's definitely good shell finds near the hotel. The sand isn't as soft as in the Grace Bay area. The snorkeling is good, although it's not as calm or populated as in Grace Bay. There's a nearby beach (Malcom's), that was pretty much always deserted that's a great beach to walk as well. On either one of these you should be able to find conch shells.
Sometimes the weather can get a little windy near Northwest Point. On these days we just went down to Grace Bay - the weather there seems to always be perfect.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Northwest Point Resort is located on 16 miles of white sand beach on the northwest marine park on the main island of Provo in Turks and Caicos. The resort is private, affordable and offers guests a relaxing vacation. With an oversized heated pool and jacuzzi tub the resort is ocean front. Condo's are fully furnished suites. Kitchen amenities include fridge, stove, washer dryer, dishwasher, King, Queen and single beds. Condos have multiple bathrooms and all of them have balconies with spectacular views of the ocean. The Caribbean inspired suites are spacious, clean and tastefully decorated. Linens are included and any offsite activities can be organized by our staff at the request of our guests. Enjoy strolling our private beach or relaxing on lounge chairs pool side. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Northwest Point Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Northwest Point Hotel Providenciales
- Northwest Point Providenciales
- Northwest Point Resort Turks And Caicos/Providenciales