“A Week in Paradise!”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Affiniti Villa

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
drrod4u
Atlanta
“Horrific experiene with Expedia and Affiniti Villa in the Turks & Caicos”
Reviewed 29 February 2016 for a stay in February 2016
people found this review helpful

I had the worst experience dealing with travel in my life in renting a villa through Expedia.

I travel extensively and typically rent villas instead of staying in hotels.

I rented a “villa” in Providenciales, Turks & Caicos for 4 nights, February 16th through the 21st, 2016. The name of the property is Affinity Villa. It was listed via Expedia as being 4 stars with 4 bedrooms, 4 baths and a swimming pool. The home is situated on a beautiful piece of property that overlooks a bay with an extended ocean view. The view is about the only positive aspect of the rental. The house clearly was, at one time, a pristine property. However, it has since fallen into very, very deep disrepair.

The house is simply grimy. More specifically, the house badly needs a painting. There is extensive water damage on the exterior of the house. The windows are dirty, with dead bugs and grime settled onto the base boards. The throw carpets all throughout the house are worn. The mat on the outdoor patio going into the family room is tattered. The cable service on the flat screen television in the family room is not functional. The hot tub on the patio is boarded up and does not work. Many of the lights on the patio outside do not work. The light cover on the ceiling fan in the master bedroom is absent, and wires hang down in its place. Light bulbs are not present in some of the recessed ceiling lights. The rental boasts access to a kayak down by the water. The kayak was not there on the 1st day of the rental. The owner said that he would bring the kayak the next day, which he did. However, he failed to open the locked chained gate/fence that gave access to the kayak. There are no toilet tissue dispensers in a number of the bathrooms, and rolls of toilet paper are simply left on top of the toilet.

Initially, my guests and I simply chalked up the above deficiencies to people having varying definitions of star grading. However, what happened next is just bizarre.

The 2nd day that we were there, guests were preparing to go out for dinner. At about 6:00 PM, a water leak sprung in the plumbing behind the bidet upstairs in the master bedroom. Water was gushing from behind the bidet. I immediately called the property manager and alert her of the situation. Water flooded the entire house. There was about an inch of water covering the upstairs floor. Water was gushing from the ceiling on the 1st floor into the family room and the kitchen. While waiting for the repairman to come, my guests hurriedly moved all furniture that was being rained upon out of the way and moved all of the rugs out onto the outside patio. Water was gushing out of the light sockets in the recessed lighting in the ceiling of the 1st floor. So, we shut off the power to the house via the circuit breaker to prevent an electrical short.

It took about ½ hour for a plumber to arrive. We explained the situation, gave the plumber a flashlight to find his way and left the premises.

When we got back to the house about 3 hour later, the owner and his wife were sitting in the family room. There was obvious extensive water damage in the ceiling on the 1st floor. Furniture was moved everywhere and people were mopping up water. The owner was sitting in a chair with an angry look on his face with a broken plumbing PCP joint in his hand. He essentially accused us of breaking the plumbing behind the bidet. I told the owner what happened. I let him know that no one in our party was responsible for the faulty plumbing and that we needed for him to find us new accommodations or give us a refund. Not only did he refuse, his wife was heard muttering in the background “Get the f___ out of my house.”

I called Expedia that night and spent about 4 hours on the phone with multiple representative during numerous calls trying to get new accommodations. Finally, at about 12:30 AM on Feb. 19th, an Expedia Corporate Rep named “James Black?” informed me that he had confirmed new reservations for us for the remaining 2 days of our vacation at a place called Jubilee Garden House.

The torture continues. In light of the fact that it was well after midnight we spent that night in Affinity Villa. The next day, we packed our bags and went to Jubilee Garden. When we arrived at Jubilee Garden, the owner told us that he did not have accommodations for us and that he had never confirmed with Expedia our reservation. This was at about 4 PM on Feb. 19th.

I then began calling Expedia in order to get new accommodations for my guests. From approximately 5 PM until 11 PM, I called Expedia at least 30 times trying to get a resolution. After waiting on the phone for 20 and 30 minutes at a time, I would be transferred multiple to times to different representatives, only to be disconnected after sometimes holding for as much as ½ hours. Again, this pattered was repeated multiple times until at about 11:30 PM. At around 11:30 PM, I was told by an Expedia rep that they would call me back with new accommodations. No one ever called back.

For hours, we called multiple hotels all over Providenciales trying to find accommodations. Finally in the early morning hours of February 20th, clerks at The Alexandra hotel found us 2 single rooms that each had a bed in 1 and a pullout couch in a sitting area.

I paid for this, and we stayed there for the last day of the vacation and left Turks & Caicos on Sunday, Feb. 21st.

The house was a dump, and Expedia left me and my guest high and dry

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked least: The villa was in extreme disrepair, and the owners were rude and unaccomodating.
Travelling group: Friends
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Management Response
2 Mar 2016
Mr. Edmond was a guest at Villa Affiniti during the week of February 21st, 2016. On the evening of February 22, 2016 at about 8:30 pm I received a call from Mr. Edmond stating that there was a leak in the bathroom coming from the bidet. I could not imagine where the leak was coming from. Thinking it was just a dripping, I asked him to turned the valve off behind the bidet and he told me that was impossible as the water was gushing from the pipe. At this moment I became very alarm as I could not imagine where that amount of water was coming from. I received two more frantic calls back to back from Mr. Edmond saying that the situation was serious and that the house would be flooded at anytime. At this time I had already notified the plumber to drop by the house to see what was going on. Upon his arrival he immediately called me to say that he was at the house and it was in fact flooded and that Mr. Edmond directed him upstairs to the bidet where he found the broken plumbing pipe. The plumber said that shortly after his arrival Mr. Edmond and his party left the house. I called Mr. Edmond and notified him that I was on my way to the house and that the plumber had advised me that the pipe was broken. Mr. Edmond immediately started to shout in my ear that no one broke the pipe and that the cause of the water was due to poor work by my plumber. Mr. Edmond was so loud I had to ask him to please refrain from shouting in my ear as I was very calm and was not shouting at him. However, he continued shouting. I told him that I’m disconnecting the call as I do not need tolerate his shouting.
Upon my arrival at the house I was shocked. My workers were sweeping the water out as it was too much to be mopped up. When I saw the pipe I called Mr. Edmond again to notify him that I was at the house and that he need to come by and explain what had happened as it was quite evident that the pipe was in fact broken. He again started to shout and denied that the damage had anything to do with him or his guests and that he was out and was not returning to the house until another hour or two. I tried to contact Mr. Edmonds several times after that to no avail.
Two hours later Mr. Edmond returned with his guests. My husband tried to talk to Mr. Edmond but he refused to listen, he just kept on babbling about not having anything to do with the damage. At the beginning he said that a lady was in the bathroom preparing her makeup and the water just came from nowhere and later he said that he was in the shower and the water just came from nowhere. He could not decide on a story. There was evidence that the bidet was being use.
After sometime my husband did managed to get a word in to explain and to show Mr. Edmonds that the pipe was in fact broken and not busted. However, he refused to admit to any wrong doing by him or his guest.
We are not saying that the pipe was intentionally broken, but it was broken by someone or something. The fact that Mr. Edmond continually denied the accident clearly speaks volume of his character.
As a result from this accident, the kitchen ceiling had to be repaired, walls repainted, water damage to the stove, security alarm panel and furniture damages.
One member of his party was so sorry for what had happened he apologized to my helper for the incident.
If Mr. Edmond feels that the best way to get out of this situation is to try and degrade my home than it is ok as I had guests stayed at my home prior to Mr. Edmond and received the excellent/5 stars reviews. I had family stayed and hosted weddings and other family events and everything was great. Everyone was very happy with their stay and services provided. I have never had such nasty and angry comments made towards me or my home before. I trust that he do not exhibit this type of behavior with any other host should he fall into another situation.
Mr. Edmond showed no signs of remorse for what had happened because after creating such an accident he left the house to go out and party.

I tried to include a picture of the broken pipe but was unable to do so.
Janet B
Honeoye Falls, New York
“A Week in Paradise!”
Reviewed 15 October 2015 for a stay in October 2015
people found this review helpful

We stayed at the Villa Affiniti Vacation Home and had the most memorable time! Upon arrival, we were personally greeted by the owners, who not only showed us around the home, they gave us suggestions on what to do and where to dine during our stay. The home is beautifully appointed and included everything needed for our stay. We enjoyed watching the sunset on the deck, kayaking on the creek, and beaching at Taylor Bay. We would definitely recommend this home to anyone looking for the ultimate vacation in Turks and Caicos.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Friends
Your age range 50-64
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing