“The Good and the Bad of my best vacation ever!”

Seven Stars Resort & Spa
Ranked #2 of 44 Hotels in Providenciales
Reviewed 4 March 2012

The Good: The beach and ocean was spectacular. Sandy bottom and warm turquoise water. I am usually a pool person but preferred to be in the ocean on this trip.

Snorkeling at Coral Gardens was the favorite activity for my two kids. We did walk there on the beach and it took about 45 minutes so quite a long walk unless your children are older. The fish they saw weren't spectacular but still very exciting for the kids. As we walked we noticed that the other beaches did not compare to the one at Seven Stars. I almost booked out trip at Beaches and am so glad we didn't. Beach was not nice at all and soooo crowded.

Our room was large, clean and with an unbelievable view. We had an oceanview that overlooked the pool. I wouldn't change it if I could as the view of the pool lights and The Deck at night was great and so much better than just a dark ocean. The balconies are huge!!!

The resort is sooo clean. I love a clean resort and this one exceeded my expectations. I felt so at home all the time.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. Went out of there way a few times to accomodate our needs.

The pool is large, clean and very warm. After an ocean swim, it feels like a hot tub. There were many times that my kids were the only ones in the pool. It felt like we had this world class pool and beach to ourselves several times. I have never felt this way at any resort I have been to.

We ate at The Deck restaurant several times in the evening. Loved the food and the ambiance and music was the best. I don't know why you would go anywhere else. We did try Bella Luna once (across the street). So overpriced for what they offer.

The Bad: Not much at all! Other than the fact that I left two messages for the Conceirge to call me back and I never received a returned call. Also, the sun is very very hot. You will burn and regret it if you don't take steps to prevent.

The Seven Stars was my husband and my favorite vacation ever. We are still talking about it. I usually am ready to leave when the time comes but I was not ready this time!

Seven Stars should continue to do whatever they are doing because they are doing it right!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank 562Lisa

Reviewed 3 March 2012

My husband and I just returned from a great week at Seven Stars and could not have been happier with our choice of resorts. We knew as soon as we walked into the beautiful, open-air lobby that we had picked the right place. The staff was great...so helpful and friendly. The concierge (Claudine) was great and Erika at the front desk was great. Our suite was wonderful and the view was spectacular. The pool and beach were exactly what we were looking for...relaxing and beautiful! The location was perfect, with shopping and many of the restaraunts withing walking distance. I don't have a bad thing to say...we WILL be back!!!!

2  Thank 4MommaKzoo
Reviewed 3 March 2012

I was very fortunate to visit T and C twice within the past 6 months. Both times I stayed at Seven Stars. Both visits were beyond expectations! This hotel is perfect. The rooms are wonderful, the view is breathtaking and the all of the staff including reception, housekeeping, maintanance and in the restaurants (except 2 mornings at breakfast) as well as on the beach are lovely. The gym is well equipped and clean. The location can't be beat. I can't wait to go back for another visit this summer. Thanks to everyone at SS for making our vacation truly wonderful!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jrf_8
Reviewed 2 March 2012

We LOVED the Seven Stars resort! Everything was perfect! The resort is in an ideal location, the rooms are very well-equipped (with L'Occitane amenities, plush towels, robes, Nespresso machines, All-Clad cookware and two sets of china and crystal in the kitchenette). The staff was very attentive, particularly Lila and Beatrice. Twice-daily housekeeping kept the resort in pristine condition and complimentary wi-fi allowed us to check in on work periodically so we didn't fall too far behind. The breakfast (included) was a nice continental with fresh melon and pineapple, cereal, pastries, yogurt and bread. Lunch at the Sand Dollar was outstanding, but, as with all food on T&C, a tad pricey. We enjoyed lunch on the "Deck" more than at "Seven." The BBQ on Sunday and the all-you-can-eat-lobster-and-fish night on Wednesday are not to be missed. Both events feature live music and a huge bonfire on the beach. The BBQ and Fish Nightt feature great food, great ambiance and reasonably priced for what they are serving. Seven Stars is definitely a larger resort. While we typically opt for smaller, boutique hotels, we loved the Seven Stars. It never felt crowded (even though it was at 100% capacity), we never had any trouble getting an umbrella by the beach, and we never felt that there were too many people away. I can't recommend this hotel enough - we had a lovely time!

Room Tip: Loved our oceanfront suite. All rooms have a great view, so you can't lose!
4  Thank WashDCTx
Reviewed 29 February 2012

My husband and I had to make last minute changes (the day before) on another trip we had planned to another country for our anniversary. We looked at T&C and checked out several resorts and Ingrit at Seven Stars was very quick to help us and put us in a beautiful one bedroom ocean view suite. It was luxurious and beautiful. The hotel is beautifully maintained, the pool area is very nice and the Deck, Seven and pool side restaurants had excellent food. The beach and water are absolutely beautiful. The beach staff was very helpful with the paddle boards and kayaks that were available. Unfortunately, their snorkeling boat was out of commission the week we were there but the concierge booked us with an offsite outfit. The location is excellent as you can walk to a grocery store one block away, and many restaurants. It was fun to walk up the beach to other resorts outdoor restaurants as well. I do have to agree with some comments about the wait staff at breakfast but overall I still give our experience an excellent. Would definitely go back and recommend to others.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank ECF4
Reviewed 27 February 2012

What a great place! Perfect location right in the middle of the main drag, within easy walking distance of several good restaurants, including the fabulous Coco Bistro (hard to get reservations but keep trying). The beach is amazing...if you are a runner, the low tide run is one to remember. Seven Stars features spacious suites, a great pool area (go early to reserve the prime chairs, which are well maintained), terrific lunch food near the pool, and perfect service. The concierge arranged several day trips for us that went flawlessly, including whale watching on Salt Cay, a snorkel/conch dive/iguana island tour, and a day at Grand Turk. She also retained a taxi driver for us to do a 3 hour tour of the main island that included the world's only conch farm. The continental breakfast is simple fruit, breads, cereals and yogurt but if you want more there is a full breakfast menu. We ate at the hotel one night after a long day and it was quite good. One note...Turks ad Caicos is expensive, but the Seven Stars has a great 3 nights get one free deal. Believe us...you can't go wrong with this place. Enjoy!

Room Tip: The USAirways vacation package was by far the best deal.
3  Thank mdk53
Reviewed 25 February 2012

We just returned from an amazing 5 night stay at Seven Stars this week, our first visit to T&C. Overall the resort is beautiful, the rooms are luxurious, views are spectacular.
The good...well-appointed rooms, great views of the bay and sunset, ask for a higher floor. The pool was excellent, perfect temperature and a few steps away from the beach. We highly recommend the sunset cruise offered by Seven Stars. We enjoyed the second cruise ever offered and it was WELL worth it. Captain Steve and Roberta were fantastic, very fun cruise around the bay and seeing the amazing sunset, enjoying cocktails and a snack. They only take a few people, so sign up early! The Wednesday night lobster and fish night at the Deck is a must. The Sand Dollar had a great lunch selection.

The bad...THE SERVICE!!!! We were floored by what we first thought was a fluke, but learned that even saying "hello" was as struggle for many on staff. A few staff members were the exception, Rico, James, Samuel were friendly and welcoming each day. For the rest...we almost felt like we were "bothering" wait staff, front desk and even the concierge (when they remembered to call us back). This is the biggest turn off for us, our only reason to question whether or not we would come back. Along the same lines if you go to the continental breakfast, although it is included you still get a $0 check to sign in order to give a tip for coffee/OJ being brought to your table. Again, with staff that seem grumpy to see you... Management if you are ready this, STOP the $0 check in the morning, or have your staff actually be happy and cordial to your guests. Also be prepared for the "service charge" this resort adds to your checks for everything. Go somewhere else to eat if you want to avoid getting this "mandatory" tipping policy forced upon you. Another suggestion to management, stop the additional service charge and have your staff work for their tip. This would encourage a higher level of service from your staff and would entice guests to eat and drink at the resort more often.

We will definitely return to T&C, very family friendly. We will look closely at other resorts.

Room Tip: Ask for a high room in either of the two buildings closest to the ocean.
8  Thank Chach7
bgovindjee, Manager at Seven Stars Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write your recent post on
Trip Advisor, your comments are appreciated. Our commitment at the Resort
is to provide the finest in service and personal attention to everyone who
stays with us, and it is helpful when our guests pass their opinions and
experiences to us, allowing us to refine our procedures and services where
necessary.

Continental Breakfast was included in your rate however for our Food and
Beverage control purposes all our guests need to sign a check at the end of
each meal.

All Turks & Caicos Resorts are required by law to charge a service charge, and all resorts comply with this practice. All staff receive an equal proportion of the service charge. Additional Gratuities are at guests discretion and should only be given when the guest feels that the service they have received is exemplorary. It is the aim of our staff to strive and provide the highest level of service on every single guest interaction.

Thank you for your feedback on our Sunset Cruise which we have just recently
launched and offer Full and Half day trips and Private Charters on our 29ft
World Cat Boat.

When returning to Turks and Caicos please do not hesitate to contact me
directly so that I can take of your arrangements personally.

Yours Respectfully