“Honeymoon Heaven!”

Ranked #3 of 44 Hotels in Providenciales
Mount Juliet, Tennessee
“Honeymoon Heaven!”
Reviewed 16 March 2013

Wow.. That's about the only word to describe our honeymoon at the wonderful Seven Stars Resort! We stayed in the Ocean Front Premier Junior Suite, and couldn't have been happier! It was complete with luxurious marble floors and a marble bathroom with a gorgeous shower, huge bathtub, and a separate room with a toilet and washer/dryer. Also, the kitchenette was FULLY stocked with dinnerware, flatware, a Nespresso coffee machine (which made wonderful espressos), glassware, a toaster, pots and pans, wine/bottle opener, and anything else you could think of that you would need in a kitchen! Our balcony looked out onto the most beautiful aqua waters that I've ever seen. It was paradise! The day we arrived, we were greeted with a fruity drink containing the island's rum (delicious!) and cool scented towels to rub on our hands and arms. I wish I would've bought the scented oil that they used in the towels from their spa! Every food/drink at the resort was top quality and SO yummy! We ventured off of the resort a few times for dinner, but NOTHING compares to the restaurant on the resort called Seven. IT was on the expensive side, but oh man it was worth every penny! Service was excellent and the crab stuffed ravioli was to die for! Also, during the day, the Sand Dollar bar is was the way to go. We never had a bad meal there. Our favorite was the jerk hot wings. My husband's favorite drink was called the "Limey". He drank one almost every day! Also, one night the resort had a "BBQ" on the beach...complete with 3 different types of grilled fish, grilled shrimp, various vegetables, a salad, and 4 different types of dessert! We met the owner of the resort that night and he paid for our meal! We also paid for the package with the free breakfast and it was wonderful! It was the same every morning...fresh fruit, yogurt, bacon, eggs, bagels, toast, juices, and coffee...but you can't beat the fresh pineapple and the fresh ground coffee with whole wheat toast. I could eat that every morning! The people there were SO friendly, polite, and helpful. Although there weren't many people our age there (I'm 23 and my husband is 25), we were treated like royalty the entire time we were there. Oh and I can't forget about the pool! It was HUGE and warm and stayed open late for late night swims. Housekeeping came every day to put clean sheets on and to clean everything. They were SO sweet and helpful also. We left a little thank you note for them one day and they left us a sweet little note back on our dresser. Also, don't leave without scheduling a snorkeling trip at the front desk! It was SO much fun! Free drinks and lunch, plus we stopped on a private beach with a small shipwreck. It was so romantic and a beautiful tour of the island. Lastly, the gym was fully equipped and the spa was extremely relaxing. We chose the couples massage and couldn't have been happier. I honestly can not say enough good about this resort. It was expensive, but I'd save up to go again in a heartbeat. Perfection!

Room Tip: Any room is the best room!
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Sarah J

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (859)
Highland Village, Texas, United States
Reviewed 15 March 2013

I will admit - we stayed in a very nice suite/villa so maybe my input is skewed? But it was gorgeous! Full kitchen (plus another kitchenette), Nespresso coffee makers, flatwear, dishes, washer dryer, 2 large balconys - four flatscreens, ALL the furnishings were in pristene condition. The marble floors and bathrooms (all four of them) were always kept in perfect order. What was most impressive to me though were the guests! Nice - clean cut people, no obnoxious guests, there were not a lot of little kids but the ones there seemed very happy! It is NOT a kiddie hotel, however. Each one of the staff members were accomodating and pleasant. I will absolutely return :)

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Seattle, WA
Reviewed 15 March 2013

We stayed at this resort twice within a year with our toddler daughter. We stayed in a 1 BR unit. If you are wondering if it is worth it vs. a smaller category room, that is an easy answer - YES! (Plus a dishwasher and washer/dryer with a toddler can't be beat). The view was amazing as well, but I also would have been happy in one without the view since the ocean is right outside the resort (no long walk to the beach).

The setup is very easy for families. There is a nice heated pool right in front of the resort with plenty of floats, loungers and umbrellas, and the beach is just beyond that. The deck restaurant plays nice music at night and kids seem welcome everywhere. The color and clarity of the ocean water is beyond incredible.

We experienced excellent and gracious service everywhere and made good use of the free beach sports equipment. My husband also joined a game of beach volleyball. Our breakfast server was incredible and remembered our names every morning. The food was just ok. There was also a very convenient and nice grocery store within walking distance. We made good use of it with the luxury kitchen and nice deck in our 1 BR unit.

All in all, this was one of our favorite trips.

Room Tip: If you can afford a 1BR, it is worth it! They are huge with every luxury and well appointed.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 March 2013

This was my 40 th birthday trip just my wife and I (no kids!) . It was our first time in Turks and Caicos and we chose Seven Stars resort. we had a 2000 sq foot ocean front suite and it was gorgeous!! Full kitchen very modern,washing machine and dryer, 2 bathrooms living room dining room and a huge king (4 post bed) master suite! Oh ya and a massive terrace over looking the ocean!From the minute we were greeted at the front steps of the lobby with a fresh cocktail, a warm smile and a nice cool towel I knew we were at the right place! I have traveled alot in the caribbean and have never found a Island with friendlier people! The whole staff at Seven Stars makes you feel like you are staying with friends. The beach with its impecable white sand and the crystal blue water really make this a dream location! The food at Seven Stars is also great they have a beach front bar which is amazing everything is super fresh. you never have to get off the beach as they will serve you at your chair. Great drink guys, came around evry 5 to 10 minutes to make sure we were okay. They also have a great fancy restaurant called Seven which we did not eat at but people said it was great. We went to Mango Reef(great!) the Beach House Chef Eric outstanding,and Opus just So So. also the Continental breakfast was way more than just that! fresh fruit, eggs bacon,toast ,bagels sliced cold cuts ,cereal really everything you could want. All in all I have nothing but 10 on 10 for Seven Stars no complaints
what's so ever. This place is just simply what a dream vacation on an exotic Island should be! We plan on going back to Turks the next chance we get and we will never stay anyware else!! Great Job Seven Stars we are clients for life!!!

Room Tip: Take the Ocean Front suites if you can on the upper floors for the best views. we were on the 6th fl...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Roki090473
NYC
Reviewed 14 March 2013

We are a family that has traveled to a lot of islands. This is by far the best. Spotless clean, good food good service. Most hotels here are condos that are gorgeous including this one. Housekeeping amazing ! Ocean truly turquoise Restaurants really good quality loved it and hated to leave.

Room Tip: Everyone we spoke to liked their accommodations. We had a first floor pool view and it was fine. I i...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank babbyNyc
Philadelphia, PA
Reviewed 12 March 2013

We just returned for our second trip to Seven Stars in 4 months. Obviously we love Provo and really enjoy the resort. If you would like a detailed description please read our previous reviews. Instead of being an anniversary trip, this visit was a family vacation with our 5 and 8 year-old daughters. This review will address the family experience at Seven Stars. I will also address a new addition and how management handled a big screw up on their part.

What the children thought:
First off, our daughters have been to the Beaches Resort in Provo 4 times. We were worried that given the laid back environment at Seven Stars they might get bored after a few days. This was not the case. The girls were very happy with the pool. While the pool is very deep throughout, it is warm and large, thus allowing the kids to dive, jump, etc. without bothering others who were lounging on rafts. For very small children the pool might pose a problem but for a child who can swim the pool was enjoyable.

The girls loved the calm beach and the fact that the hotel provided a large variety of beach toys for their use.

The hotel had an outside movie night for the kids where they provided comfortable seating and popcorn. Seven, The Deck and the pool grill all provide a kids menu, although the same kids menu.

Surprisingly what the children like the most was the view from our room. Every day for lunch we would eat on our patio so the girls could enjoy the view. They also really like getting a bath in the large jetted tub.

The children were very attuned to the good customer service. Every morning the woman who seated us for breakfast would greet them by name. My oldest was very impressed by this extra touch.

The children enjoyed Seven Stars and enjoyed the similar features that you would expect an adult to enjoy. When I polled the children, the 5 year old like both Beaches and Seven Stars the same, the 8 year old preferred Seven Stars.

The New Addition:
One morning I noticed the workers unpacking brand new cushions for the beach lounge chairs. Prior to this the lounge chairs were just metal with plastic straps. While I thought they were fine before, I’ve read others complain. I guess they heard the complaints because the new pads are there and comfy.

Management Screw Up:
Upon arrival we were given a room on the penthouse floor of the Alhena building (Room 1705). The views were magnificent and the room was exactly what we expected. However, the excitement ended when upon returning from dinner our first night, we realized that we were right next door to the “hospitality suite” and a big corporate party was taking place. The noise was incredibly loud, as loud as a club at 1am. The walls of our room provided little relief since we shared a balcony with the hospitality suite and an adjoining door for some reason. In fact, our daughters’ roll- away beds were placed up against this adjoining door. There was nothing we could do to mute the sound. We could hear every word of every song. The party ended at 11pm and it wasn’t until then that we could go to sleep.

The next morning I went to the front desk and spoke with a manager about the sound. I really couldn’t believe they would put us in a room with a party occurring next door. I wanted to make sure that was the last of the parties. They promised to get back to me.

Later in the evening a note, per my request, arrived along with a fruit tray. Management apologized for the noise, offered us a $400 credit (cost of roll-away beds for 4 days) and offered to move us on Friday evening to a 2-bedroom suite. On Friday a wedding reception was schedule for the hospitality suite.

Since we were only there 4 days and we didn’t want to waste time packing and unpacking just for one night. We decided to stay in our unit. They assured us that the wedding would end at 10pm and that it wouldn’t be as loud given the fewer number of attendees. It did end at 10pm but it was loud. I guess any party with a DJ in the adjoining room is going to be loud.

Upon returning home I emailed the managing director and informed him of our experience. I really just wanted to make sure that when others arrive management would not put them on the 7th floor if an event was taking place. While the rooms are great, they lose all the appeal when the walls are shaking with club music. The rooms could be used by guests attending the events so no one is disturbed.

The Director wrote back immediately and assured me that we should not be been put in the rooms in the first place and that scheduling was trained not to do this. Why did it happen, I do not know?

I am fine with the resolution of this problem; I’m just a little upset it happened in the first place. I really like this resort and they do things right. The customer service is top notch and that is probably why this situation came as such a disappointment. The employees are very responsive to needs and they should have never let this occur.

So be warned, if you are placed in the 6th or 7th floors of the Alhena Building, first ask if any events will be taking place in the hospitality suite. If you like to go to bed early – or you just don’t want to spend your evening listening to music blaring through the walls, ask for another room.

I would definitely come back. If given the proper room I wouldn’t have a complaint. Yes the service can be slow but it’s the Caribbean and what is the rush?

Room Tip: Beware of rooms on the 6th and 7th floor of Alhena Building. There is a hospitality suite(large par...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank tlh02
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 11 March 2013

Overall, the physical aspects of the resort are fantastic. However, we experienced very slow and uninspired service at every restuarant on site. Additionally, the food is mediocre at best and obnoxiously over priced. On "The Deck" (which is a beautiful setting) we waited an unacceptable amount of time to either be served initially or to be "cashed out" when finished. Many times the person who started serving us vanished, and no one else helped us until we went to the bartender directly to ask for help. The same poor service occured at "Seven" the nicest restaurant/bar on the property. We were finally served drinks after waiting over 20 minues in the bar, and then sat for another 30+ minutes with empty drinks without anyone coming back and asking if we were ok, etc! We finally walked out without paying! Rediculous.

The resort policy of automatically including 15% on all food/ beverage seems to be partly at fault for the lack of service, because the servers get paid a tip regardless of how poorly the serve guests. For the money spent on this resort, as well as the food/beverage prices, I expected at least an "average" level of service but we didn't even get that. One server named Lila (he was mostly on the beach) gave good service, but that was it. Spend your money elsewhere on TCI, not at the Seven Stars.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
12 Thank mmhs1988
CEOSevenStars, General Manager at Seven Stars Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 4 April 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review on your stay at Seven Stars Resort.

Our commitment at the Resort is to provide the finest in service and personal attention to everyone who stays with us and it is helpful when our guests share their experiences allowing us to refine our procedures and services where necessary.

I am delighted that your overall experience at Seven Stars Resort was an enjoyable one but disappointed to hear that our service levels in our two bars where lacking on the evenings you attended them.

This is not the norm for our service levels and I sincerely apologize for this. As with all reviews, positive or negative, we have shared your comments with the teams. Your comments are helpful to us and are taken seriously to ensure no re occurrence for our future guests.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Turks & Caicos and Seven Stars and restoring your faith in our resort.

With warm regards,