“Perfect stay”

Ranked #3 of 44 Hotels in Providenciales
NYC
“Perfect stay”
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Not only is this hotel beautiful, but so are the people who work here.. such nice people.
Rooms are very clean and spacious and large bathrooms.
Booked this hotel through travelocity, breakfast buffet at Seven restaurant was included ($30 per person). It was pretty good, better selection than I expected, they have eggs, cereals, bagels, fruit, muffins, bacon, sausage etc.
Quiet resort, I found it to be the most occupied on the island as we strolled the beach.
Every night, my husband and I would go by The Deck restaurant/bar area at night which was relaxing near the beach and it is lit up nicely with torches.
Food market it across the street and up the block which we took advantage of, although that too is expensive.
We took out the canoe on the beach which was complimentary.
I have to say T&C has the most beautiful beaches, it's like glass, water is so clear and still, the sand is like powder... boy has this made me spoiled!
Can't wait to go back, perhaps another anniversary celebration!
Must stay... you will be so pleased!

PS - Indulge in the spa if you can... best massages :)

2 Thank TravlerTwins

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (860)
Frisco, Texas
Reviewed 18 October 2013

My wife and I returned from the Seven Stars earlier this week after a 10 day stay. I had researched this site earlier in the summer for a resort to visit and kept coming back to Seven Stars. I kept questioning "could a place really be this nice"? YES! The best deal I found was booking through American Airlines Vacation. I then followed past travelers advice and contacted the resort directly to upgrade our room to Ocean Front Suite. Alya Building 3602. Yngrit was so helpful and quick to respond to e-mail. She even called a day after check in to follow up. The room was breathtaking. From the floor to ceiling glass with the most awesome view and patio, great for sunsets, plush furnishings, kitchen with espresso maker, walk in shower, huge tub and truly the most comfortable bed, linens and pillows ever. The smallest details of L'Occitane products, local coffees, the best evening turn-down service ( Thank you Ravi ) made this the finest resort room I have ever stayed at.
Arriving at the airport we were met by Seven Stars representative who assisted in getting us a taxi. Take their help. Not that its confusing but it was very busy and she got to the right place, right line, right cab. Be ready to tip anyone who touches your luggage.
Check in at resort was easy and awesome. Cool towels, rum punch, bunch of smiles. Not once did I see unprofessionalism from any staff. No one standing around, all smiles, super friendly. Check out was easy, just confirm that if you get a credit voucher for food and drinks, that it get applied.
The beach is the most perfect in the world. No one reserving all the seats, plenty of towels and Yves brightened the day from the beginning. Service on the beach and pool area was quick. The beach toys were fun, kayaking was good and paddleboard was not as easy as it looks.
Did not use the spa facilities. The fitness room and equipment was superior.
Breakfast selections were good. Hot dish selections varied and sometimes were not as warm as I like. Food and drinks at The Deck and Sand Dollar were excellent, fresh, served with fun and $$. Location was excellent with grocery store easy to walk to. We did rent a car for a couple days ($50 per day) and used that time to drive around the island to restaurants away from Grace Bay. Wednesday is a good day to rent and visit Tiki Hut for Chicken/Rib night.
Best places to walk to eat for us were Bella Luna (upstairs AND Pizza Garden), Jerrys Dive Bar, Danny Buoys (won big on the slots there) Taxis were easy to arrange though. $6 p/p around Grace Bay, $12-$16.50 everywhere else. First visit to Provo and not our last to Seven Stars. It was the BEST!

Room Tip: Our room faced the sunset and had awesome ocean front view. No direct sun on the patio.
5 Thank David75033
Manassas, Virginia
Reviewed 18 October 2013

This is a beautiful resort in Grace Bay. We were staying in a villa on the other side of the island and wanted to spend a day on the Grace Bay beaches. I purchased day passes for our family for $100 each which gave us access to the pool, beach, chairs, umbrellas and water sports equipment. The padded chairs with tables and umbrellas on the beach were our favorite so that is where we spent the day. Our wonderful waiter made sure our glasses were always full and served lunch on the beach too!! The roped off swim area was very nice and large. The water is crystal clear. Please be aware, there is no snorkeling in this area. The water equipment included stand up paddle boards which is why this day pass was a great deal for us. They also had snorkeling equipment and hobi cats. Overall, this was a fantastic day for us at a beautiful resort with wonderful top notch service.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank DebraandMike
Woodbury, New York
Reviewed 17 October 2013

Seven stars in Turks is terrific. Second time there. Rooms are spacious and clean. Service fantastic. Ygrita is the greatest. Beach beautiful. Everything is convenient to get to around the property. Food is good but expensive. We ate in room for breakfast but the breakfast buffet included at their restaurant very good for a change of pace. Grocery store close by. But expensive. The quiet area near the beach is great to chill out. Will be back. Great for three to four bedroom family vacation.

Room Tip: Ground floors are top shelf. Walk right to beach and pool.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Al F
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 17 October 2013

I really enjoyed our stay at the Seven Stars Resort. Very clean hotel room, large bathrooms, and an excellent view of the beach from our balcony. What i really enjoyed was the location of the hotel. Within a couple of minutes walk you can go to the best empanadas (very cost efficient) to a grocery store to high end dining. And the area is very safe, so you can go at any time of the day or night. I would highly recommend this resort.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Bednarek2000
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 16 October 2013

First time to T&C, had originally booked at Beaches until they decided to close for six weeks without much notice. Chose Seven Stars based on TripAdvisor reviews only. Probably one of the better hotels we've ever stayed in.

Booked a one bed Ocean front premier suite for a week. Over 1900sq ft of luxury. Room was very well appointed, with luxury furnishings along with a fully equiped kitched, including seperate wine fridge along with a washer and dryer

Grounds were well maintained and despite some negatives reviews we found the breakfast buffet more than adequate, having said that wouldnt have paid $30 per head if it wasnt included.

Beach was wonderful and certainly up there with beaches we've experienced in the Cook islands and Thailand.

Staff were friendly although at times we found them a little withdrawn, although I think this was more cultural than anything else.

Highly recomend this resort and plan on returning next year

Room Tip: IMO certainly worth stepping up to an Ocean front premier suite
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank 598stevew
NYC
Reviewed 16 October 2013

Preface:
I going to be "inspired" by previous reviewer and make my own highlights and edits where necessary.

We're wrapping up 14 nights at the Seven Stars Resort in Provo today.
Overall, it is an excellent choice for a stay on a beautiful island - but both the resort and T&C have a few important caveats to keep in mind.

I. ARRIVAL

First, the resort. Seven Stars is located about 15 minutes from the Provo airport. You'll arrive, wait about 15 minutes to clear customs, and then - a surprise - a Seven Stars rep will be at the airport. SS does not offer bus shuttle, but could get you a cab - we had a rental so no services were needed. Keep in mind most (if not all) cabs in TCI charge per person. Speaking of rentals - we went with slightly cheaper budget and slightly regretted it later - all Avis cars I saw were much nicer - both model and condition.

You arrive and are warmly greeted with a cool towel and a friendly reception. Check in was quick and easy; the room has already been assigned.

After check-in is a short walk to your room. The Seven Stars is laid out in three buildings, each accessed by walking up from the outside (rather than a hotel-style building). We stayed on the second floor of the "Maia" building. The hotel grounds have excellently done gardening and it's in great shape. Very tropical and exotic look (big plus).

II. THE ROOM

The room is faily modern. SMALL flat-screen TV, 4-post bed, kitchenette with fridge, modern cooktop and plenty of closet space. The bathroom is a really good, with a large soaking tub with lots of windows (plus or minus depends on how you look at it). Dual sinks in the bathroom, a separate and HUGE stand-up shower, and a separate toilet area with bidet. If I had to pick on something, I wish stand up shower had 2nd flexible shower head.

The room is clean, modern and definitely one of the best we've stayed in in various 4/5 star hotels in the Caribbean. You will not be disappointed.

III. THE GROUNDS / BEACH

The pool is great. I like the fact that it goes up to 5 feet ( Or what the labels say - I'm 6'1" and trust me its more that 5ft - some places over 6.5) ; many resort pools are over-sized kiddie pools at just 3/3.5 feet. Plenty of chairs and umbrellas, never competition for a spot (we did come in the low season, Early October).

But don't spend all your time at the pool - hit the beach! 7 Stars is located on one of best stretches of beach we've been to. There are tropical fish within feet of the shore, so bring your goggles and take a dip. Seven Stars provides free snorkling equipment (well, kinda free - there's a $15 service charge, more on this below), so don't be afraid and jump it.

Also, my wife said the spa was great - she got a combination hot stone / ice massage and loved it.

IV. COST/SERVICE and Other Caveats

But...here are the first few caveats. The room and grounds are great, but you need to know a few things about 7 Stars and T&C before coming.

First, this food is EXPENSIVE. Even casual cafe on the TCI competes with prices in mid-town Manhattan, not to mention upscale establishments - they charge arm and a leg. Like SEVEN restaurant on the resort. They charge an arm and a leg for everything. For example, we ordered chicken fingers and two drinks by the pool and the tab came to $60. A small pizza and 2 cokes were $40. Once we saw how crazy the prices were, we decided to mostly eat at restaurants around town than at the Seven Stars - it is absurd how expensive the food is here.

In my opinion, Seven Stars would yield more revenue by charging less. We usually eat and drink much more at resorts than we did here, and it was all because of the pricing.

Breakfast is free and is just OK (the service at breakfast is great). They could use an omelette station, some made-to-order options, maybe switch up the variety a bit.
They always had granola served, but never plain yogurt, but if you ask for it - they will bring it.

Pro-tip: go to the grocery store and stock up on snacks for the pool, liquor and mixers, etc.
It's really short walk (literally across the the resort). This made the trip much more enjoyable for us. If you want to be adventurous, don't go to the grocery store near the resort, which is also crazy expensive; go to one of the other ones in town.

Also, a note about service. Seven Stars staff are VERY professional, attentive, and always responsive, but also a bit...reserved. This is not their fault; it's the same feel throughout the whole island. There's a certain distance and lack of warmth throughout T&C, as if Islanders are still feeling this whole tourist thing out and wondering if it's a good or bad thing. It leads one to feel tolerated, accommodated, but not necessarily welcomed. Again, this is not a problem specific to Seven Stars - it's a general feeling on the Island, and one that has many root causes I imagine.

Beds - sleep quality is definitely not the best, i wish it would much softer, I imagine only overweight persons would be comfortable in such firm bed.

Greg H before me mentioned issues with WiFi and was brushed off by staff response.
I am veteran IT Professional and trust me - I know what I am talking about - the WiFi at Seven Stars is a DISASTER. To get technical - The issue is the hotel deployed many Wifi access points, named the same and running on same bands, but without talking to each other. what you get is wireless equivalent of mousy soup. You can't get a reliable signal in the room period.
Kinda ok by the pool and beach since they used yet another wifi point and network where, which runs on much less used 5ghz

Whomever runs open network called "EnGenius1" - Thank you , Thank you, Thank you !!!!
Without you - I wont be able to keep in touch with the world or do any rare, but necessary work.

Safety: There are no lifeguard at neither beach or pool which we both adults were ok with, but what I was not OK with is very dark and slippery near outside public Jacuzzi area (specifically on steps) which caused me to fall hard; get large bruises and ribs concussion. If it would be on states side I would be already looking for a lawyer. Luckily the hotel was very attentive security crew whom rushed to my assistance after the fall.

VI. SUMMARY

Overall, Seven Stars is a very good place to stay but we are not yet sure to be back soon. The beach and resort are nice, but I have seen better ones on St. Martin and St. John.

5 Thank Value1st