“No room service?? ” 3 of 5 bubbles

Seven Stars Resort & Spa
Ranked #4 of 45 Hotels in Providenciales
“No room service?? ”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2014 via mobile

We have a most beautiful ocean view one bedroom suite....complete with 1 and a 1/2 baths.. Full kitchen, laundry room. It is a condominium , and whoever design this suite did a wonderful job.
We are very disappointed in the dining staff, as well as No Room Service !! Food and food service could be greatly improved. There doesn't appear to be a manager in the dining area for breakfast. The food is served buffet style or can be ordered , if you can find a person who is in charge of your table. You sort of grab someone on the run, and hope they come back to set your table placemats , etc. Or serve you coffee. The wait staff is nice enough, but there is no direction, and frankly, the food and service are in need of good management. The same goes for the staff at the Deck, the beachside restaurant that serves lunch and dinner.. The food is ok , but your wait person hardly comes back in a timely manner. We were constantly looking and asking where our drinks were, then where the food was.
It is such a beautiful setting , great , clean rooms, but needs serious help to raise it to a resort status.

Stayed January 2014
8 Thank Trudy S
bgovindjee, Manager at Seven Stars Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 15 January 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write your recent review on Trip Advisor, your comments are greatly appreciated. Our commitment at the Resort is to provide the finest in service and personal attention to everyone who stays with us and it is helpful when our guests share their experiences allowing us to refine our product where necessary.

I am pleased that your overall experience at Seven Stars Resort was an enjoyable one but disappointed to hear that you were not pleased with our Breakfast and Deck service. We take our guest feedback very seriously and I have shared your comments with our Food and Beverage Director. I regret that we did not get a chance to discuss these shortfalls with you during your stay and cater better to your expectations. We strive to continually improve our restaurants offering, in terms of product, pricing and service delivery.

Thank you for your feedback regarding Room Service. Our Room Service Menu will be introduced next month and offer our guests a private and personalized dining option for Breakfast Lunch and Dinner.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Seven Stars Resort to enjoy a memorable experience in all aspects of your stay.

Yours Sincerely,

Bela
Resort Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (820)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2014 via mobile

I've stayed at seven stars 3 times in total. The first two times were great! Warm welcome, great food amazing service. Just returned from my third visit and was disappointed. We had stayed at other high end hotels on the island and was looking for something alittle more family friendly and thought we found our spot with seven stars. But after this third visit I may have to find another hotel.

I had booked from a third party to stay at seven stars initially. Then I wanted to upgrade to a larger room and called the hotel directly. I spoke with an individual who had given me a price and I agreed to and booked my other family's airfare to later find out that it was an additional 4500. Then what I had already paid to the third party. I was never told this, I repeatedly said is this the total and she had confirmed. Never stating that I also had to pay to the third party as well. We had already booked our flights so after arguing and fighting we managed to save alittle but not what I thought we should have been paying.

Then after arriving my daughter and my self were so looking forward to going and eating at the deck. She loved the fish last year. Would eat it day and night if she could. And couldn't believe how much the menu had changed. It was awful! My 6 year old wouldn't even eat the fish. It tasted like it was frozen and fried! I also have a gluten and dairy intolerance and they had nothing decent for me to eat! I've been all over the world and every restaurant or hotel I've been too have gluten free alternatives. I brought my own pasta down to diner at seven one night with my family and was still charged 24$ for making my pasta with some olive oil and chicken. Which tasted awful. They had no selection what so ever. That some of my family members ordered off the kids menu just to have different options. Also they had these light up menus to be able to read at night at the deck and this year they had all been broken. And they never replaced them. So not only could you not read your menu but that shows signs of the class of hotel when they start letting things go. Even as small as menus.

They also had sent out a letter stating that there was going to be a wedding on the night addressed on the letter. But said that there would be some noise. And people could relocate to a different room. But we were already in the farthest building and heard the noise all night! Past 12 o'clock and they had fireworks which they never stated at 945. With two young kids if kept us up all night. Even after calling down three times and asking to turn the notice down alittle. And never got an answer. Was told no manager on duty and they would see what they could do yet nothing changed. And the letter actually stated till 11.

The room was ok, but the first day I came I saw four little bugs in the corner of my blinds. Figured they missed it while cleaning and waited to see if they would clean it the next day. Nope! By the third day I told the cleaning crew and they said it must be me leaving the door open and I laughed and said its the same bugs from when I arrived. I left so they could clean and came back and the bugs were
still there! So I just ended up cleaning it myself.

I've come over the years bringing other people with me. This time the two other couples that I brought with me were disappointed as well. Which made my experience that much worse knowing that I had contributed to their bad
experience.

• Stayed November 2013
6 Thank TTL03
bgovindjee, Manager at Seven Stars Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 13 January 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Seven Stars Resort.

I apologize that on this occasion we fell short of meeting your expectations. Your experience was an exception and was not in keeping with the service level that we aim to achieve.
We pride ourselves in offering personalized service excellence throughout our resort, building new and nurturing existing guest relationships.

After investigating your booking and the correspondence with our Reservations Manager, I see that you requested a larger suite and the difference was quoted to you verbally and via e mail.

Our “Sand Dollar” and “Deck” restaurants offer casual dining. Fine dining is offered at “Seven” Restaurant and a range of private romantic dining options are also available to our guests. We cater for numerous guests with special dietary requirements and strive to exceed their expectations. I am very sorry that you did not have a similar experience. I have discussed your concerns with our Food and Beverage team to identify opportunities for further improvement in this regard.

On Saturday November 30th we hosted a small Wedding celebration at the West Deck. The event was communicated to all guests in the building and the music levels were monitored throughout the evening and the cut off time of 10 pm was honored so as not to avoid disruption to our other resort guests.

I look forward to restoring your faith in Seven Stars and the opportunity to welcome you and your family back to our Resort. Please contact me directly so I can personally make arrangements for you.

Warmest Regards

Bela

Resort Manager
Milan, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2014 via mobile

The hotel is amazing, the beach is one of the best we have visited, the staff is very nice.
We spent one week during Xmas period: although the hotel was at full capacity we never felt the beach crouded. Our room overlooking the garden was like a 1 bedroom flat with 2 bathrooms which allowed us to have a lot of extra space.
The restaurante DECK by the beach is a perfect snack bar during the day and a has a great atmosphere for a casual dinner at night with an open air fire place.
The island is magnificient and we enjoyed a lot the possibility to dine every night in a different restaurant (the most beautiful are not more than 5/10 minutes by taxi).
Provo golf course is very nice and it is 10 minutes by bike (3 minutes by taxi) from the Seven Stars.
We would like to send a special thanks to Yngrit (reservation manager) for her kindness and availabilty at all times!

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank FrancescoCrippa
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2014

We spent five nights at Seven Stars Resort in mid-December and thoroughly enjoyed almost every aspect. The experience began at the airport where we "checked in" with a hotel rep just outside the customs area. Our bags were tagged with our room number then loaded in a cab van ($16 per person) for the trip to the resort. Once we arrived our bags were whisked to our room while we registered with the front desk. We were greeted with a tropical drink then escorted to our room (there are three detached towers with seven floors each).

We were in room 1706 which was a one bedroom suite with a "garden view" (there's not really a garden to look at but rather inland away from the beach). We had a spacious bedroom, a small but very well equipped kitchen, two bathrooms and a comfortable sitting room. There was also a large balcony.

Dining options are limited - the Seven restaurant which is open only for breakfast (a free buffet was included with the room) and dinner (see my other review). There is also an outdoor, more casual restaurant with a great view of the beach and food and beverage service is available poolside and beachside.

The hotel offers free water-sports - sailing, kayaking, etc. - together with snorkelling and diving excursions (for a fee). The resort does have a sizeable and well equipped gym and a spa (which we didn't use).

There are lots of dining options off site which can easily be made by foot. We loved walking down the beach at night to go to the Bayside Bistro and Mango Reef Restaurant (about 20 minutes).

Seven Stars is a great destination whether you're a couple looking for a quiet retreat or a family looking for an active holiday.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank John B
Morrisville, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2014

We had an outstanding trip to this place. Here are a few of what stood out to me:

1) The wait staff in the breakfast buffet restaurant were amazingly friendly.
2) The pool staff remembered us each day and worked hard to make our beach experience amazing.
3) the bikes/amenties/snorkel gear/hobbie cats REALLY added to our enjoyment.
4) I got an amazing hobbie cat refresher course from one of the guys who run the beach activities. I 'm afraid I can't remember his name but it was something like Narsus? He taught me how to tack, jive, and do the tack turns up wind as well as the basics on the boat with respect to the wind.
5) Safety/security -- The staff worked hard to make us feel safe and secure and were always visible. the only suggestion is I was not comfortable with the pool deck bathroom being right off the parking deck down the dark stairs. That is a nit!
6) We met Sarah who was the new manager of the pool bar and restaurant. she was amazing and working hard. She told us her husband also works there.

Keep in mind going in December, the sun is in the Southern hemisphere so you have low angle sun which means shadows in the pool area late in the afternoon. I think that is probably different in the spring/summer/fall.

All in all, this is one of my top 5 in the Carribbean for both hotel/resort and overall island experience. And I've been to a dozen or so. Amazing trip and kudos to the Seven Stars team.

Room Tip: For best sunsets, try tower 4 with an Wester exposure looking down Grace Bay back to the West.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank NCFlyFisher25
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2014

We spent 1 week at the seven stars resort and loved many aspects of the hotel. We were traveling with 2 teenage daughters and my concern was that they had activities available to them that were easily accessible. Our stay at the resort was over the xmas holiday December 23rd-30th. We thoroughly enjoyed the complementary kayaking/sailing and paddleboarding. On only 1 or 2 occasions did we need to wait a bit to take a boat out. Not a big deal. The water staff were quite helpful and pleasant.
The hotel staff were terrific...friendly, helpful and very well trained and managed. We met the GM and resort manager who could not have been more hands on and ran the resort in aprofessional manner.
My husband and I do not drink milk in our coffee and i requested that we have almond milk available to us for the week. Claudine, our concierge said she would contact the Food and Beverage manager to see what he could do. Low and behold, our almond milk awaited us every morning....what a pleasant surprise. Errone our breakfast hostess was lovely and remembered our name throughout our stay. The only aspect i would change at the hotel would be to make the breakfast selection more varied. The hotel restaurant, Seven, while good also needs to add a few kid friendly dishes. The Maitre D ,Allan was an incredible source of information and his attention to service at dinner was phenomenal.
I can't say enough about the hotels location. Taxis on the island are very expensive and it was wonderful to be able to walk to many good restaurants. Our favorite was Coco Bistro (had i known how delicious it was i would have eaten there several nights but could not get in).
We also happened upon a wonderful italian restaurant across the street from the hotel called Via Veneta. It is run by an Italian couple that lived in Rome and moved to T and C several years ago. The pasta is homemade and on Saturday nights they make the most delicious pizzas in a wood burning oven. The menu is VERY limited on Saturdays so if you're not in the mood for pizza try the restaurant on another night.
Our only dissapointed was Fresh Catch, a local restaurant that i had read a great about. We waited an hour for our meal and it was really quite fair except for the blackened grouper which was tasty.
Overall, we had a great vacation ...the beaches are beautiful, there is always a slight breeze and the sound of the waves breaking every few seconds makes for paradise....

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
6 Thank dmw10583
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2014 via mobile

The service at Seven Stars was incomparable. The front desk staff, concierge services, and housekeeping staff were especially excellent!

I had a junior suite with an ocean view, however I was on the first floor-so, it was more of a poolside view. That's the only part of the resort that could have been better.

The beach in front of the resort was immaculate and the resort staff was extremely attentive. Very family friendly as well. Highly recommend Seven Stars

Stayed January 2014, travelled solo