“Wonderful property”

Ranked #2 of 44 Hotels in Providenciales
Warsaw, Poland
“Wonderful property”
Reviewed 15 January 2014

My wife and I just returned from Turks and Caicos, staying for 6 nights at Seven Stars. We were impressed with the place - a great facility with good location, convenience to "downtown" Grace Bay shops and restaurants, fabulous accommodations, a great beach, and good food. While everything in TCI is expensive, such an impressive resort was not ostentatiously so and felt like good value for the money.

I only rate cleanliness and rooms below excellent because we switched rooms during our trip - our neighbors were HEAVY smokers, and the lack of a breeze meant that every morning our balcony was greeted with a pungent aroma of stale smoke. They moved us as soon as they could, though, and were really good natured about it. So no worries there! The rooms themselves were totally worth it, spotless, and huge. So it's really about who you're staying with, not the property :)

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank MagdaDadFooHubby

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (866)
Morgantown, West Virginia
Reviewed 11 January 2014

Let me start by saying that my husband and I are discriminating travelers. There are many wonderful things to say about Seven Stars. The location is prime for Grace Bay. As many have said before, the rooms are spacious, bright, and extremely well accommodated. The view from our 1 bedroom premiere suite was breathtaking. The concierge Claudine and the housekeeping staff could not have been better. The garden, walkway, and pool area are simply beautiful.
One thing to know is this is a busy property so if you are looking for solitude, go elsewhere.
Now for the issues.....
Breakfast every morning fell a little short. The scrambled eggs were never hot, the sausage was sometimes undercooked and the wait staff was inconsistent. They were nice enough but seemed tired and uninterested in accommodating your needs. However, to be fair there were a few that seemed more responsible. This breakfast staff & kitchen staff needs a manager to organize them.
Another frustrating issue was the internet....most of the time was not working or very slow.
Food & drinks were very expensive but I guess one can expect that at a beach property. My husband had 1 shot of premium rum that was $35.00 ....crazy! Service was slow at the beach and no one really came around much to check if you needed something. Beach chairs looked a little worn and dirty but the rest of the property seemed meticulously maintained. So with that said, I would say overall, SS was a good experience however not sure if it meets the price /quality ratio.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
10 Thank 3ddesigns
bgovindjee, Manager at Seven Stars Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 15 January 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write your recent post on Trip Advisor. Your feedback is very important to us so we can continually deliver the service Seven Stars Resort is renowned for and exceed our guest’s expectations on future visits.

I am delighted that your overall experience at Seven Stars Resort was an enjoyable one but disappointed to read from your review that the service level which you received at the Pool and Beach and breakfast was not in keeping with our standards. We strive to continually improve our restaurants offering, in terms of product, pricing and service delivery and I have passed on your feedback to our Food and Beverage Director.

Your comments are helpful to us and are taken seriously to ensure no re occurrence for our future guests. I look forward to restoring your faith in Seven Stars and welcoming you back to our Resort.

Yours Respectfully,

Reviewed 11 January 2014 via mobile

We started our journey from Parrot Cay, a private island off of Provos. After being there five days we decided we needed to leave this awful island . We ended up staying at this hotel as it was short notice and all the other hotels were booked and overpriced. Anyways, this place ended up making our trip . We were greeted by Erica at the front desk , who was the nicest and informative person we had met so far . Everything about this hotel is beautiful and luxurious . The rooms are spacious , the pool is not crowded with plenty of space and the beach was just simply beautiful . What also makes this hotel so great , is that you are walking distance from the main town and the supermarket. I am a frequent traveler and this hotel was one of the nicest.

Stayed January 2014
6 Thank Sarajo23
Morrisville, North Carolina
Reviewed 11 January 2014 via mobile

My family had a wonderful stay at Seven Stars Resort over the Christmas holidays. Grace Bay is home to the most beautiful beach and water I have ever seen. The resort staff was fist class and willing to help with any request. The resort was clean and well kept. One nice feature is that the water sports (sail boat, paddle board, kayak) are included in the stay. Same is true for bikes to use exploring the island.

The food is good, but expensive, as is the case with most everything on the island. The locals are extremely friendly and make you feel very welcome.

I'd highly recommend a visit to Turks and a stay at Seven Stars!

• Stayed December 2013
3 Thank skew65
Dublin, Ohio
Reviewed 9 January 2014

We are very seasoned travelers and have been to many, many islands and resorts over the years. We are also wicked picky about both facilities and services. Our stay at Seven Stars was flawless in every way, and we carefully evaluated every detail. We were particularly impressed with the number of staff who seemed to be attentive to our every need; many of those needs unspoken … from replacing our sundries and coffee daily in the condo … to finding an impossible reservation for a dive … to handing us an umbrella numerous times during pop-up showers. Although the property was nearly full for the holidays, we had plenty of privacy, yet seemed to have attentive service at every turn. The room, the common buildings, and the grounds were very well kept. The manager was highly visible rounding on his staff several times every day. I believe if we had an issue, which we did not, it would have been resolved immediately. We highly recommend this property.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank marti b
Reviewed 7 January 2014 via mobile

We have a most beautiful ocean view one bedroom suite....complete with 1 and a 1/2 baths.. Full kitchen, laundry room. It is a condominium , and whoever design this suite did a wonderful job.
We are very disappointed in the dining staff, as well as No Room Service !! Food and food service could be greatly improved. There doesn't appear to be a manager in the dining area for breakfast. The food is served buffet style or can be ordered , if you can find a person who is in charge of your table. You sort of grab someone on the run, and hope they come back to set your table placemats , etc. Or serve you coffee. The wait staff is nice enough, but there is no direction, and frankly, the food and service are in need of good management. The same goes for the staff at the Deck, the beachside restaurant that serves lunch and dinner.. The food is ok , but your wait person hardly comes back in a timely manner. We were constantly looking and asking where our drinks were, then where the food was.
It is such a beautiful setting , great , clean rooms, but needs serious help to raise it to a resort status.

Stayed January 2014
8 Thank Trudy S
Dear Valued Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write your recent review on Trip Advisor, your comments are greatly appreciated. Our commitment at the Resort is to provide the finest in service and personal attention to everyone who stays with us and it is helpful when our guests share their experiences allowing us to refine our product where necessary.

I am pleased that your overall experience at Seven Stars Resort was an enjoyable one but disappointed to hear that you were not pleased with our Breakfast and Deck service. We take our guest feedback very seriously and I have shared your comments with our Food and Beverage Director. I regret that we did not get a chance to discuss these shortfalls with you during your stay and cater better to your expectations. We strive to continually improve our restaurants offering, in terms of product, pricing and service delivery.

Thank you for your feedback regarding Room Service. Our Room Service Menu will be introduced next month and offer our guests a private and personalized dining option for Breakfast Lunch and Dinner.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Seven Stars Resort to enjoy a memorable experience in all aspects of your stay.

Yours Sincerely,

Reviewed 5 January 2014 via mobile

I've stayed at seven stars 3 times in total. The first two times were great! Warm welcome, great food amazing service. Just returned from my third visit and was disappointed. We had stayed at other high end hotels on the island and was looking for something alittle more family friendly and thought we found our spot with seven stars. But after this third visit I may have to find another hotel.

I had booked from a third party to stay at seven stars initially. Then I wanted to upgrade to a larger room and called the hotel directly. I spoke with an individual who had given me a price and I agreed to and booked my other family's airfare to later find out that it was an additional 4500. Then what I had already paid to the third party. I was never told this, I repeatedly said is this the total and she had confirmed. Never stating that I also had to pay to the third party as well. We had already booked our flights so after arguing and fighting we managed to save alittle but not what I thought we should have been paying.

Then after arriving my daughter and my self were so looking forward to going and eating at the deck. She loved the fish last year. Would eat it day and night if she could. And couldn't believe how much the menu had changed. It was awful! My 6 year old wouldn't even eat the fish. It tasted like it was frozen and fried! I also have a gluten and dairy intolerance and they had nothing decent for me to eat! I've been all over the world and every restaurant or hotel I've been too have gluten free alternatives. I brought my own pasta down to diner at seven one night with my family and was still charged 24$ for making my pasta with some olive oil and chicken. Which tasted awful. They had no selection what so ever. That some of my family members ordered off the kids menu just to have different options. Also they had these light up menus to be able to read at night at the deck and this year they had all been broken. And they never replaced them. So not only could you not read your menu but that shows signs of the class of hotel when they start letting things go. Even as small as menus.

They also had sent out a letter stating that there was going to be a wedding on the night addressed on the letter. But said that there would be some noise. And people could relocate to a different room. But we were already in the farthest building and heard the noise all night! Past 12 o'clock and they had fireworks which they never stated at 945. With two young kids if kept us up all night. Even after calling down three times and asking to turn the notice down alittle. And never got an answer. Was told no manager on duty and they would see what they could do yet nothing changed. And the letter actually stated till 11.

The room was ok, but the first day I came I saw four little bugs in the corner of my blinds. Figured they missed it while cleaning and waited to see if they would clean it the next day. Nope! By the third day I told the cleaning crew and they said it must be me leaving the door open and I laughed and said its the same bugs from when I arrived. I left so they could clean and came back and the bugs were
still there! So I just ended up cleaning it myself.

I've come over the years bringing other people with me. This time the two other couples that I brought with me were disappointed as well. Which made my experience that much worse knowing that I had contributed to their bad
experience.

• Stayed November 2013
6 Thank TTL03
bgovindjee, Manager at Seven Stars Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 13 January 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Seven Stars Resort.

I apologize that on this occasion we fell short of meeting your expectations. Your experience was an exception and was not in keeping with the service level that we aim to achieve.
We pride ourselves in offering personalized service excellence throughout our resort, building new and nurturing existing guest relationships.

After investigating your booking and the correspondence with our Reservations Manager, I see that you requested a larger suite and the difference was quoted to you verbally and via e mail.

Our “Sand Dollar” and “Deck” restaurants offer casual dining. Fine dining is offered at “Seven” Restaurant and a range of private romantic dining options are also available to our guests. We cater for numerous guests with special dietary requirements and strive to exceed their expectations. I am very sorry that you did not have a similar experience. I have discussed your concerns with our Food and Beverage team to identify opportunities for further improvement in this regard.

On Saturday November 30th we hosted a small Wedding celebration at the West Deck. The event was communicated to all guests in the building and the music levels were monitored throughout the evening and the cut off time of 10 pm was honored so as not to avoid disruption to our other resort guests.

I look forward to restoring your faith in Seven Stars and the opportunity to welcome you and your family back to our Resort. Please contact me directly so I can personally make arrangements for you.

Warmest Regards