“Dream Vacation” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 45 Hotels in Providenciales
Chicago, Illinois
“Dream Vacation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014

We just got back from an eight night stay at Seven Stars. This is an outstanding property and I am already thinking about how to get back as soon as possible. My thoughts:

- The overall facility, grounds and rooms are outstanding. On these specific aspects, if it isn't comparable to a Four Seasons - it isn't far off. Everything is very well maintained and is beautiful. Very classy.

- The pool area is very nice. We never had much of a problem finding some lounge chairs. They do allow people to place objects on the chairs early, claiming "dibs". It wasn't a problem for us but I think that practice is annoying. Should be first come, first served. You are either there or you are not.

- The beach may be the best beach I have ever seen or been on. It is like a postcard. Wonderful soft white sand. Unbelievable turquoise/lime/?? colored water.

- The rooms were ultra luxurious and very tastefully decorated. A++. It was nice to have a full kitchen but we only used the fridge for drinks and bought some snacks from the grocery store (5 minute walk). We had a view of the entire beach and ocean area. It could not have been any better. A point to consider - the property consists of three buildings, all seven floors high. Even for the "oceanfront" rooms, anything on floors 1-3 might have an impaired view of some sort. Also, the "Alya" building which is on the left side of the property, is next to some scrub land which has two abandoned structures on it. Maybe about 1/3 of the rooms (those on the left most side of the building) in this building would have some sort of view of this area. Some might consider it "natural" or "rustic" but I probably wouldn't. The word is that Marriott will be building on that property within about twelve months. If that happens, you might not want to be too close to that area.

- The fitness center is OK. Not exceptional but it gets the job done.

- The spa seems OK too. Not over the top at all but adequate. I had a great massage there.

- This is not a "bustling" resort. It is relatively quiet - just the way we like it. Very relaxing. I believe that all or most of the rooms are owned by private individuals.

- Dining. There really is not a lot here. No room service.

"Seven" is used for the breakfast buffet and fine dining in the evening. Many reviews have complained about the buffet. It was in fact limited but it was also complimentary. Typical breakfast meats, various eggs, fruit, cereals, breads, pastries. That is about it. However, it was quick, good and did not cost extra, so we were fine with that. Not big breakfast eaters anyway. Also, did not ask but we did not see any ability to order from a breakfast menu. It seemed like it was the buffet or nothing.

Dinner at Seven was excellent and had a very nice ambiance. Probably not the best for young kids though. Loved the red snapper.

The only other food option (not counting snacks from the gift shop) is the Deck / Sand Dollar. The Deck is in between the pool and beach. It is good for lunch or dinner. The Sand Dollar is 20 yards away, on the other end of the pool. While the Sand Dollar seating closes sometime in the late afternoon, I think that all of the food for the Deck is cooked there. In any event, the food is OK.

Alright - here is my only real complaint - the service. It was really kind of baffling, about 60% of the people we encountered were great and interacted in the way that you would anticipate at a property like this. Upon check-in, we had one issue that we asked to be addressed and management did so, probably in a greater manner than was to be expected. That was much appreciated. On the other hand, the other 40% would ignore you or look through you with the 1,000 yard stare. Then, when you did somehow engage them, they acted lilke they could not care less about you being there or anything you had to say. No smiles, no attempt at some kind of rapport. No nothing. Indifferent (at best). I really don't know what to think about it. Cultural? Anger? A few bad apples? Something else? Others have mentioned this in their reviews and we definitely saw it. Also, service at the pool and beach is inconsistent. I am not sure what their program is at all. You have servers going back and forth but most of them don't seem to stop much and see what you might want.

Overall, for me, the postives about Seven Stars far outweigh the service issue but others might not feel that way. I hate to even mention it but if I am going to write the review, I am going to be completely candid. Perplexing for sure. Whatever the case, I will be back and maybe this will be addressed by then.

4 Thank TheHeadSquirrel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (817)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014

My first time in Turks and I came with my girlfriend. We are a young couple from NYC. I stay in 5 star hotels around the world. I am going to list the cons before the pros since they are more important.

Cons:
- If you are looking for cool ambiance, this is not the place. Try to stay at Gansevoort. This hotel is ALL young kids and families
- There is NO room service
- The internet connectivity is horrible
- The food is average AT BEST except for dinner at Seven (restaurant)
-The menu was changed the day we got here and is bad (all fried food, burgers, and pizza)
- They stop serving breakfast at 1030am (NO ACCEPTIONS) and dont serve lunch until 1130

Pros:
-Staff is great
-Rooms are clean and nice
-Beds are great
-Oceanfront view is amazing
-The property is well maintained
-The beach is beautiful but water seemed calmer by Gansevoort (I may be wrong)
-Convenient location near stores
-Seven restaurant was good

Overall, its just not the best place for younger adults and I would prefer to try the Gansevoort next time.

Room Tip: Ocean front with terrace is a plus
12 Thank review2688
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2014

Upon arriving at Seven Stars we were greeted with lavender face towels and an the island's 'rum punch'. It was quite the welcome. The rooms were very clean and decorated beautifully. Our view from the balcony was something out of a painting, perfect beaches with crystal water.
On top of everything the customer service was incredible. Any worker who passed by us gave us a warm smile and a friendly hello. They seemed to know exactly what I wanted be it either a fresh drink or to be pointed in the right direction. Out of all the employees, I have to give the biggest compliments to Kevin, who works at the front desk area. He became a friend to our traveling group instantly. Very down to earth. He helped us
with absolutely everything. Whenever we needed tips for the best places to eat, shop or explore he was our go-to guy. I cannot thank him enough, please give him our warmest regards.
I highly recommend Seven Stars for a quiet, relaxing vacation with the family or with your significant other.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank ss10cookd
Woodbury, CT
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2014

This property is beautiful. The rooms are luxurious and the location is the best. Grace Bay is the nicest beach in the Caribbean period. The hotel has all the beach toys for your use, paddle boards, kayaks, hobie cats,and floating lounge chairs. So far so good. They have added hot food to their breakfast buffet and that was good. Check in went smoothly and the beds are very comfortable. There is a grocery store across the street which is great. Now for the not so good. We had dinner on the Deck one night and it was OK. I was expecting better but was disappointed. Service was slow and some of the food was cold. I asked for a 30 minute late checkout and they could not accommodate. That was a head scratcher. Provo is a very expensive island. There is a $40 pp departure tax and a $20 pp airport development tax plus a 22% tax on the room. Taxi drivers charge by the number of people in the cab plus the zone you are going to and not the distance you are going (government regulation). A personal pizza costs $20, a hamburger is $24 and drinks are about $14. Once you get over that, the island is beautiful. Just bring $$$$$.

2 Thank CTCurt
Charleston, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2014

We stayed at Seven Stars for a much needed spring break with our 2 college age children. While we were a bit frustrated that our private beach trip was cancelled due to rough seas, and found that we often had to ask for specific information multiple times before getting the correct answer, we had a genuinely lovely time. The villas are beautifully furnished, with unbelieveable views of the turquoise ocean. We loved the large porches off the room. The gentlemen that took our orders from our beach chairs were our favorites, as they always remembered our names, and were always available but not intrusive. The location is perfect, walking distance to grocery store, shopping (somewhat limited shopping), and restaurants. We loved the Seven Stars restaurant by the beach, were disappointed by their restaurant "Seven". The food there was very expensive, and frankly, not that good for the price. We only ate there once. Overall, though, we had a fantastic time and loved the hotel, and have already given our recommendation to a couple here in South Carolina who are currently planning a trip to Turks and Caicos. We miss it already.

Room Tip: We were not allowed to choose our room, we were on the second floor, which was still beautiful.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2014

In mid March returned to Seven Stars for our second visit (our first visit was Jan. 2012) and am already plotting next year's trip. The weather was more beach friendly in March than Jan. Can't say enough wonderful things about the bartenders & service (Eddie, Kirkwood, Alen) at The Deck, where we would spend most of our afternoons relaxing between swims. Started everyday with a delicious buffet breakfast outside the Seven restaurant.

Room Tip: Ocean front or ocean view is definitely the way to go - how could you not want to spend your free ti...
1 Thank Kira305
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2014

We're still here now, on day 4 of 7. Been to many resorts on the island and elsewhere at these sky high prices so I do adjust for the Caribbean factor. Overall it's been fine bc the kids (age 5 and 2) enjoy the beach and pool. Service is some areas is good, not so great in others.

I will say they are responsive most of the time, esp requests we made ahead of arrival and airport greeting was very efficient. The hot water in our bathtub didn't work and after calling twice we just gave up. Also almost no one answers the phone.

The room is nice and large although the beds are way too soft for us and the W/D is from the 70s it feels and is so loud we can't use it when we're in the room. The kitchen is scarcely equipped which may have bothered me more but I didn't really cook as much this time as I expected.

Pool food/drink service is SLOW as is the service at the beach restaurant. It's not the servers themselves as much as the food production I think. With the prices, this does really bother me and while I don't expect NYC speed and I am on vacation, it should not take this long. The pool area is very crowded, understandably as it's spring break so it's hard to find lounge chairs unless you scope them out early . The pool staff doesn't seem to service the cover towels and you're often doing it yourself which you shouldn't be doing.

Breakfast is ok, not great and I'd say the overall portions on the menus are small given the prices.

The layout of the resort is a little awkward to me, having to walk thru parking lots and past parking garages to get to the pool and breakfast. Most resorts have beautiful open walkways from any building to the pool and beach.

We're here for a few more days and happy to be here so not intentionally focusing on the negatives but when your bill is likely to exceed 15K for a family of 4 in a 2BR, you kind of don't expect to have many nit pickings. I cannot believe how crowded the airport was on arrival so while I've been coming here for 8 yrs I'm not sure we're sold on coming back until they expand the infrastructure. The beach is the best in the Caribbean IMO so hard to beat.

3 Thank Jusidaer