“Second visit- a bit disappointed this time around” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Seven Stars Resort & Spa

Seven Stars Resort & Spa
Ranked #5 of 45 Hotels in Providenciales
“Second visit- a bit disappointed this time around”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2014 via mobile

My beau and I first stayed at Seven Stars in February 2012 and we loved it! That is why we decided to return this year. One of the things we loved about the resort was the food at The Deck..but the day we got there 3/27/14 we were told a new menu was just put in place and I was very sorry to see that is is mostly burgers/hot dogs and pizza. This is a far cry from the wonderful Ahi Tuna Wrap, fish sliders, amazing fish sandwich on ciabatta bread, Caprese salad, that we had back in 2012. I do not want to eat burgers/hot dogs/pizza at a gorgeous seaside resort. Really very disappointing. The complimentary breakfast now includes hot food (it did not in 2012). It was good- but I miss the more extensive menu they had. It all seems to be a little less tasteful and upscale as it was before. The Sunday night beach BBQ was also one of the reasons we came back. The food was excellent then and it was now also- but back in 2012 the ambiance was much better. We were handed these cool menus that were back-lit so you could see in the dark.. The brought the couches from The Deck and put them on the beach around the big bonfire last time- this time just sandy beach chairs were put out. It was the small elegant touches that made such a difference- and now I see that many are gone. Turn down service was also better in 2012... Lights were lowered, they put on soft music, a bottle of water and glass by each side of the bed. No so now.

I left feeling like Seven Stars was on it's way to becoming less of a 4/5 star property...on it's way to 3 star with bad lunch menus and cold buffet breakfast food.

The gym and spa are very nice.

The property is lovely, we loved our room and the beach is amazing. We had a wonderful time- but missed the resort we fell in love with the first time.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
7 Thank NGLNYC

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (817)
Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2014

I think it is important to know a bit about the travelers that post reviews...for perspective. My wife and I are in our early-mid 30's, no children, from the Northeast US, and are avid travelers about the globe (much of which is in the Caribbean).

I will set the tone by re-stating much of which has already been said, that the resort is impeccably maintained, from entry gate to beach. The staff is incredibly friendly and available to serve. The beach/ocean is butter on the feet and eyes. The food is spectacular.

A bit about the island before I get into the resort:

1) After landing and passing through immigration, a Seven Stars representative will meet you outside the airport to arrange your travel. I called the resort 2-days in advance to make sure I was on the transfer list. The trip to the hotel is quick (10-15min) and will run you about $40 for 2 (includes tip).

2) Provo is a small island and you can get anywhere via taxi. Taxi's are expensive, so expect to pay $20-40 USD regardless of where you go. This could be a per couple fee or single rider fee, just negotiate the charge before you ride. The drivers are all very friendly!

3) There are PLENTY of things to do outside the resort, many within walking distance. (TIP: Seven Stars has FREE beach bikes to rent. Just ask the concierge. This is a great way to see the island in beach-style!). Within walking/biking distance you will find banks, a grocery store, restaurants, bars, shopping, barber, etc. And when I say within walking, I mean 5 min or less. (TIP: if you plan on drinking beer, grab a case from the grocery store. At $7-$10 a beer at the resort, the $30-$50 case of beer is a steal).

4) There are PLENTY of things to do that will require a taxi or rental car. Many of the best restaurants are away from the resort...Coco Bistro, Magnolias, Bugaloos...etc, so get out of the resort and try one or all of them. (TIP: Coco Bistro had a 1 month wait list when we were there. Needless to say, we didn't get in. Call now and book if you want what is arguably the best meal on the island).

5) Grace Bay is all it is cracked up to be...like I said, buttery sand, white as day against the emerald-blue sea. BUT...it is also public, so there's LOT of foot traffic, ball tossing games, joggers, yelling, running...that sort of public beach activity. This is not necessarily a bad thing, but if you have been spoiled by private beaches, you must know that this is as busy a beach in some spots as the Northeast (think OC MD or NJ, etc).

6) As stated in many other posts, this is an expensive island. Dinner for two at almost any nice restaurant will run you about $150-$200 USD (this includes drinks). Know this going in and you will save yourself the stress.

7) Try Jimmy's Dive Bar for a lively pint or cocktail...if you want to catch a game (NCAA basketball perhaps), Danny Buoys is your place. Both are within walking distance...and stumbling home distance ;)

8) There are NO shopping deals to be had here...this is not Mexico, Thailand, etc. In fact, you might pay more here than in the US.

9) The island felt safe at all times...never a concern.

Ok, now the CONS of the resort:
1) I am hesitant to list public beach as a CON, but to some it might be. Just be aware going in.

2) There is only 1 pool. Granted, the pool is large and heated, but it is still just 1. No adults only pool, and it will become overrun with kids. At one point I counted 17 kids in the pool. Again, depending on your tastes (and of course if you have children) this may or may not be a CON, to us, the lack of an adults only pool was a concern...as a result, we spent more time at the beach.

3) The "Adults Only" deck (adjacent to the pool) is a bit of a scam. To get a spot on the "Adults Only" deck you had two options. Get up early and fight for one of the few spots not "reserved" by the resort, or go to the beach/pool. The nice cabana huts on the "adults only" deck can be rented for $150 a day...which irked us.

4) The Beach Bonfire and Buffet...TIP: Save yourself $70 a person, enjoy a meal elsewhere but come back for the bonfire and music. You DO NOT have to pay to enjoy the music and bonfire. You can sit on the beach, listen to the music, grab a drink from the deck bar, and take in the bonfire. The meal is incredibly overrated.

Now the PROs:
1) Extraordinarily friendly staff. Room service and turn down service was wonderful.

2) Check-in was quick and w/o issue. Room was ready as soon as we got there. We were greeted with a drink and given a quick tour of the facilities.

3) Amazing food - try SEVEN at the resort. Book early as it will fill up.

4) Concierge will help you book anything you want...we used them for meals, excursions, and taxi's

5) Free activities: I already mentioned the bikes, but there are also SUPs (stand up paddle-boards), ocean lounge chairs/floats, sea kayaks, etc. Take advantage!!

6) Location - probably the best location on Provo. Beach and access to what you need.

7) Request a room on the 4th floor or higher for the best view. Our room (5305) was on the 5th floor facing West and we were treated to the best sunsets every night from our balcony.

8) Always a spot on the beach

For those who have been to Aruba you will note many similarities. If you liked Aruba, you will love Provo. Since returning from our trip, we have decided that this is definitely one location we would return. Do not let my list of CONs spook you, but they are honest CONs from our perspective.

All in all, a wonderful vacation!! Just wished we could have stayed a few more days!!

Room Tip: 5th floor or higher...
18 Thank topher121777
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Seven Stars for 4 nights and after the first night, all the staff knew our names. Everything, even check in, was a nice little luxury with cocktails served immediately on arrival. The pool and beach are spectacular. We did the free watersports which included paddle boarding and ocean kayaking. Would HIGHLY recommend getting a beach view room as you can sleep with the balcony door open and fall asleep to the sound of waves. The breakfast was fine...nothing to brag about so don't go in expecting much.

Room Tip: Get a beach view room....the sound of the waves is so soothing.
Rochester, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014

My wife and I really enjoyed Seven Stars. Absolutely stunning beach. Definitely get Oceanfront suite, and definitely request higher floor.

Everyone was extremely helpful. Definite staff stand outs: Lila (best guy at the entire resort). Ericka (front desk). Marlin (Seven Restaurant).

Lots and lots of families. Definite con for people looking for a quiet getaway (who takes their kids to 5 star resorts?!)

Met some great couples there.

Room Tip: Oceanfront. Not 1st floor.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014

We just got back from an eight night stay at Seven Stars. This is an outstanding property and I am already thinking about how to get back as soon as possible. My thoughts:

- The overall facility, grounds and rooms are outstanding. On these specific aspects, if it isn't comparable to a Four Seasons - it isn't far off. Everything is very well maintained and is beautiful. Very classy.

- The pool area is very nice. We never had much of a problem finding some lounge chairs. They do allow people to place objects on the chairs early, claiming "dibs". It wasn't a problem for us but I think that practice is annoying. Should be first come, first served. You are either there or you are not.

- The beach may be the best beach I have ever seen or been on. It is like a postcard. Wonderful soft white sand. Unbelievable turquoise/lime/?? colored water.

- The rooms were ultra luxurious and very tastefully decorated. A++. It was nice to have a full kitchen but we only used the fridge for drinks and bought some snacks from the grocery store (5 minute walk). We had a view of the entire beach and ocean area. It could not have been any better. A point to consider - the property consists of three buildings, all seven floors high. Even for the "oceanfront" rooms, anything on floors 1-3 might have an impaired view of some sort. Also, the "Alya" building which is on the left side of the property, is next to some scrub land which has two abandoned structures on it. Maybe about 1/3 of the rooms (those on the left most side of the building) in this building would have some sort of view of this area. Some might consider it "natural" or "rustic" but I probably wouldn't. The word is that Marriott will be building on that property within about twelve months. If that happens, you might not want to be too close to that area.

- The fitness center is OK. Not exceptional but it gets the job done.

- The spa seems OK too. Not over the top at all but adequate. I had a great massage there.

- This is not a "bustling" resort. It is relatively quiet - just the way we like it. Very relaxing. I believe that all or most of the rooms are owned by private individuals.

- Dining. There really is not a lot here. No room service.

"Seven" is used for the breakfast buffet and fine dining in the evening. Many reviews have complained about the buffet. It was in fact limited but it was also complimentary. Typical breakfast meats, various eggs, fruit, cereals, breads, pastries. That is about it. However, it was quick, good and did not cost extra, so we were fine with that. Not big breakfast eaters anyway. Also, did not ask but we did not see any ability to order from a breakfast menu. It seemed like it was the buffet or nothing.

Dinner at Seven was excellent and had a very nice ambiance. Probably not the best for young kids though. Loved the red snapper.

The only other food option (not counting snacks from the gift shop) is the Deck / Sand Dollar. The Deck is in between the pool and beach. It is good for lunch or dinner. The Sand Dollar is 20 yards away, on the other end of the pool. While the Sand Dollar seating closes sometime in the late afternoon, I think that all of the food for the Deck is cooked there. In any event, the food is OK.

Alright - here is my only real complaint - the service. It was really kind of baffling, about 60% of the people we encountered were great and interacted in the way that you would anticipate at a property like this. Upon check-in, we had one issue that we asked to be addressed and management did so, probably in a greater manner than was to be expected. That was much appreciated. On the other hand, the other 40% would ignore you or look through you with the 1,000 yard stare. Then, when you did somehow engage them, they acted lilke they could not care less about you being there or anything you had to say. No smiles, no attempt at some kind of rapport. No nothing. Indifferent (at best). I really don't know what to think about it. Cultural? Anger? A few bad apples? Something else? Others have mentioned this in their reviews and we definitely saw it. Also, service at the pool and beach is inconsistent. I am not sure what their program is at all. You have servers going back and forth but most of them don't seem to stop much and see what you might want.

Overall, for me, the postives about Seven Stars far outweigh the service issue but others might not feel that way. I hate to even mention it but if I am going to write the review, I am going to be completely candid. Perplexing for sure. Whatever the case, I will be back and maybe this will be addressed by then.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank TheHeadSquirrel
New York City, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014

My first time in Turks and I came with my girlfriend. We are a young couple from NYC. I stay in 5 star hotels around the world. I am going to list the cons before the pros since they are more important.

Cons:
- If you are looking for cool ambiance, this is not the place. Try to stay at Gansevoort. This hotel is ALL young kids and families
- There is NO room service
- The internet connectivity is horrible
- The food is average AT BEST except for dinner at Seven (restaurant)
-The menu was changed the day we got here and is bad (all fried food, burgers, and pizza)
- They stop serving breakfast at 1030am (NO ACCEPTIONS) and dont serve lunch until 1130

Pros:
-Staff is great
-Rooms are clean and nice
-Beds are great
-Oceanfront view is amazing
-The property is well maintained
-The beach is beautiful but water seemed calmer by Gansevoort (I may be wrong)
-Convenient location near stores
-Seven restaurant was good

Overall, its just not the best place for younger adults and I would prefer to try the Gansevoort next time.

Room Tip: Ocean front with terrace is a plus
12 Thank review2688
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2014

Upon arriving at Seven Stars we were greeted with lavender face towels and an the island's 'rum punch'. It was quite the welcome. The rooms were very clean and decorated beautifully. Our view from the balcony was something out of a painting, perfect beaches with crystal water.
On top of everything the customer service was incredible. Any worker who passed by us gave us a warm smile and a friendly hello. They seemed to know exactly what I wanted be it either a fresh drink or to be pointed in the right direction. Out of all the employees, I have to give the biggest compliments to Kevin, who works at the front desk area. He became a friend to our traveling group instantly. Very down to earth. He helped us
with absolutely everything. Whenever we needed tips for the best places to eat, shop or explore he was our go-to guy. I cannot thank him enough, please give him our warmest regards.
I highly recommend Seven Stars for a quiet, relaxing vacation with the family or with your significant other.

• Stayed March 2014