“Wonderful resort!”

Seven Stars Resort & Spa
Ranked #2 of 44 Hotels in Providenciales
Reviewed 7 July 2014

My husband and I spent 3 nights at Seven Stars and it was nothing short of amazing. Beautiful property, friendly staff and incredible views from the oceanfront suite. We rented the cabana, a nice spot that is peaceful and situated in between the beach and pool (my husband prefers beach and I prefer pool). Pool and ocean service was very friendly as well. We did not have a chance to try out Seven, but ate at the Deck and poolside 2 of our 3 days. It was average and convenient, as we wanted to stay on site to enjoy the beach, but there are definitely better lunch options with more creative menus nearby. I would highly recommend this resort and look forward to returning for another relaxing getaway.

Room Tip: Oceanfront suites 5th floor or higher offer best views.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank aeichelberger
There are newer reviews for Seven Stars Resort & Spa

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Last year after staying at the Seven Stars Resort, I wrote a review titled "I think I Found My New Birthday Destination!!!" Well, this year's review should be title "I KNOW... I found my Birthday Destination", as my second visit to Seven Stars was even better than the first - and I plan to continue to return as long as the resort continues its standard of excellence.

ROOM:
This year we chose an Ocean Front Junior Suite. The minute we walked into our room, we were greeted by a Breathtaking view of the ocean, which stopped us in our tracks. We found ourselves just pausing for a moment and letting our eyes flow from the sight of a CLEAN and SPACIOUS room, on to a Well-Sized balcony, and off into the beautiful sunlit 'Blue Waters' in the distance... Truly a spectacular view to wake up to each morning.

All rooms come with a Kitchenette, (small fridge, oven, dishes, utensils, coffee maker etc.), which is a great added touch for families traveling with small children. The Bathroom was spacious as well as, possessing dual sinks, a walk-in shower, and a sunken tub next a window facing the ocean. The rooms are serviced twice daily, and are turned down in the evening on the second visit. Also, each evening, house keeping leaves two 16oz bottles of water in the room - which was great for us, since we are non-drinkers who consume a great deal of water daily. Free WIFI is available in all rooms.

GROUNDS & AMENITIES:
The grounds are VERY well maintained, (extremely clean and well manicured). This year, for some reason, I happen to notice that - as I walk around the grounds, there was always somebody, cleaning, pruning, mowing, sweeping and/or whipping down something. It was as if the maintenance team was so on top of everything, that grounds didn't stand a chance of ever looking unkempt.

The Gym, small - but adequate, is also very clean. The Pool and Beach areas are well maintained. There are a number seating areas, there are shaded seating areas, and there is even a shaded 'quiet' area. You will not have a problem finding a place lounge out and relax.

STAFF & SERVICE:
The most AMAZING thing about this resort is the PEOPLE!!! The staff is phenomenal, and they take care of you in every way possible. From arrival to departure, we were met with smiles, conversation, and information and/or advice about where to go and what to try on the island.

Upon arrival, we were greeted with a big smile and hug from Lynn Stubbs at the Front Desk, who remembered us from last year. Lynn is one of this resort's treasures, as her calming demeanor and the way warm way in which she looks after you, makes you feel as if "Mama's Got You - So No Need To Worry". Rangkia Lightbourne is wealth of information on what to do on the Island, and the Concierge, Leonardo Lightbourne, is the man you want to speak to when you want to know where to go, when to go, and how to get there. These three stand-out individuals make you feel as if nothing is an inconvenience, and you're ALWAYS received with the biggest of smiles.

Seven Stars offers Complimentary Continental Breakfast everyday from 7am-11am. However, the real value in the meal is the energy and outgoing personalities of the breakfast staff. Starting off each morning with a cheerful "Good Morning", accompanied by great big smiles, sets the tone for the day. James Renee, Evette Hall, Ebonie Decimus, Sheandia Falls, Beatrice Tellus and Johannesburg Vaillant are the people who turn, (by all accounts), an ‘Ordinary Continental Breakfast Meal’, into a pleasurable dinning experience. I always find it refreshing when the staff inquires about your evening, or ask about your plans for the day - and you can tell they are genuinely interested in your answers, because they'll remember the conversation days later. Amidst a busy and hectic breakfast rush, these staff members manage to find a couple of minutes to stop and make you feel as if you are more than just a customer... And sometimes, it is these ‘seemingly minor’ interactions that make a place/experience memorable.

Midday, we took advantage of the Pool/Beach side Dinning at 'The Deck', where, not to be outdone, the staff is equally great. Linnette Hamilton, Jumyson Francois and Deleno Carter Jr. are the people who make it happen down by the pool. The energy and positive demeanor that these staff members exhibit on a daily basis - when the day is at its hottest and the guest are most irritable, is simply exemplary... Deleno Carter Jr. is a STAR!!! In the week we visited, he work poolside handling drink and food orders, and was simply amazing. In the HOT SUN, he went about, from lounge chair to lounge chair, accommodating each guest's request with a smile on his face - and pep in his step... Nothing seemed as if it was a bother to him, and he always came back to check if you were doing alright.

SPA:
I decided to add a little section to plug the Spa. The Spa, although small and understated, possess two of the BEST MASSEUSES you will ever find. I have been to many spas, in many Four & Five Star Resorts. I also frequent a spa state-side, which I deem to be very good. However, I have yet to find Masseuses as good as Eldewina and her sister Carla. They are simply the Best!

Quick Story - My wife and I met a gentleman who sat next to us at the pool, for a number of days. One day, we saw him wandering aimlessly, in a kind of 'Blissful-Nirvana'. When my wife asked him if he was okay, he stated that he was leaving in the morning and had decided to get a spa treatment. He went on to say that had just received the most AMAZING message of his life, from this 'itty-bitty', petite lady. My wife and I looked at each other and just smiled... YEAH, THEY ARE THAT GOOD!!!

LOCATION:
One of the best things about this resort is its location. There are so many shops and restaurants within walking distance, that your will never get the feeling that you are 'Stuck' at a resort. A block away is a market where you can pick up little knick-knacks at a reasonable price, which is another reason why having a fridge & kitchenette in your room is a great idea, especially for those traveling with kids, who tend to get hungry very easily and readily.

The resort has bicycles that you can use for free. You may find it a good idea, to use them on your first day so that you can explore and learn the 'lay of the land'. It beats jumping in a taxi, only to find out that you really could have walked, as your destination is only a few blocks away.

NIGHT LIFE:
There isn't really much going on at night at the resort, other than soft music by the beach. So, if you want to find something to do - ask the staff. They will be able to recommend something or somewhere based on your taste.

*Side Note - It may seem like we are doing a lot of 'name dropping'. However, we feel... As it is very easy to complain about poor service, it equally as important to cite good service; hence, we make it a point to name individuals who have provided great service or have made our stay that much better!

7  Thank Asnoty
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Amazing hotel experience. The hotel was beautiful, beach was amazing. Hotel staff will treat you like royalty, definetly recommend the ocean view rooms, worth the upgrade.

Laura was my wedding coordinator and had the best attitude. She made everything happen that was supposed to. She was on top of everything and made you feel like the most amazing bride ever.

We recommend using 3M taxi services for all your transportation needs. Their prices are def better than any taxi service we could find. Sheniquea is awesome.

Room Tip: building 1 ocean front suites
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Jonesy28
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Spent our honeymooon at the Seven Stars. Fabulous resort. The pool is lovely. The beach is fabulous (we often vacation near Poipu Beach in Hawaii, so know good beaches! ;o) ).
Very good grocery story right across the street. We did not need a car and didn't even have to "cab" it anywhere. Resort has bikes plus snorkel gear. No extra charge.
The breakfast buffet is very good. I cannot wait to go back!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank AmySP
Reviewed 29 June 2014

We just returned (reluctantly) from Seven Stars. The first thing I noticed about the resort was the friendliness of the staff. They genuinely seem to care that your vacation is perfect. A lot of them remembered our names throughout our stay and asked us about our activities making recommendations when we needed. The breakfast staff was awesome. Beatrice was our server a few times and we really enjoyed her smiling personality. We did not use the concierge as this was more of a relax trip than adventure.
- The oceanfront one bedroom suite was fantastic. It was large and nicely appointed. It was also clean. Although I didn't cook during the stay, I enjoyed the beautiful kitchen! The view was perfect. I could have been happy to sit and read on the balcony for the entire time.
-The beach was clean and beautiful. There were plenty of staff members constantly working to keep it that way. They provided sand toys for the kids, towels, and floats for the ocean. There were plenty of chairs and umbrellas during this time but it was low season so I'm not sure if they use more during busier times. There were a lot of boats that came up to dock and people could parasail or ride different floaty devices behind the boat that looked fun. There were also kayaks and paddleboards you could take out.
-The pool was nothing unusual but was pretty and provided floats.
-The breakfast buffet as others have said does become a little monotonous but was overall pretty good. We did not like the food at the restaurant at the beach but enjoyed Seven which I will review separately.
-Free Wi-Fi worked great. TV had lots of US cable channels.
Overall it was a nice place to stay. It is not a super luxurious place but almost gets there which I think is the intention. It was clean, easy to navigate, and the landscaping was lovely. The spa was small but nice. The ladies at kids camp were really great entertaining my daughter while I got a very enjoyable massage. One of the big advantages is the location which is within walking distance to a grocery store and more shops and restaurants. Housekeeping does arrive kind of late in the day which is a bit strange. Service was a little slower than most of us are used to but that wasn't confined to the resort. It's just an island thing. I would stay there again especially in the off season. I think it is a great choice for families with kids as the suites are huge and the staff seems to be prepared for a variety of travelers.

Room Tip: The ocean front suites are worth it! We had 1409 and it was great!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank lLola
Reviewed 29 June 2014

My husband and I stayed at seven stars for our anniversary and I have to say it was a beautiful hotel. We booked a one-bedroom ocean view suite and it was amazing. The room was extra large and had anything you would need was provided. Plus the staff was the best, they were all very helpful and I did not meet one person with an attitude. We also dinned at Seven and the food was delicious, with an island twist to all meals. I would recommend making reservations prior to arriving for dinner plans because many of the restaurants book quickly. But the concierge service is amazing and help with all dinner reservation and excursions. In all a great relaxing vacation, the resort is really quiet even with families and children.

1  Thank yvelande c
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Just got back from Seven Stars and it was a great hotel on a beautiful island. We stayed in room 1603 and it was perfect, it was a gorgeous oceanfront/pool view. The breakfast staff was great especially James and Beatrice. All of the other staff members greeted you by name and always smiled and acknowledged you. This hotel is well kept and in a prime location. You can walk to the supermarket, some restaurants and to the salt mills shopping mall. I would recommend this hotel to anyone planning on visiting the island and look forward to visiting again next year. My one and only complaint is the drinks that were served on the beach, they were about 16.50 each with very little liquor in them. My husband and I just opted to buy a bottle at the supermarket and made our own drinks. Other then that everything else was perfect.

Room Tip: 5th floor or higher, oceanfront
2  Thank Josephine V