We chose this hotel mainly due to the reviews, and we weren't disappointed. Here's the lowdown:
Location- can't beat it. The supermarket is right down the road, which is very convenient. The stretch of the beach is not crowded. Best of all, the hotel is walking distance to many good restaurants. Not far from the airport either- I think it was around 16 dollars a person to get to the hotel via taxi.
Beach- Not crowded and plenty of sand chairs with covers. The ones closest to the water were usually scooped up by the time we got downstairs (around 11ish), but we never had a problem getting a good seat. The water is clean and there is plenty of space to spread out so that you aren't on top of anyone. We only utilized the bar service once. No one ever bothered us, so I think if you want to get service you do need to attract some attention.
People- Most of the staff was really nice. The men were a little more stiff, especially some in the concierge (not Desmond). My husband and the other male friend we were traveling with felt this especially.Desmond helped with dinner reservations prior to our arrival, and we appreciated that. However, the women at breakfast were usually pleasant and any questions we had was easily answered. The guests were mainly couples, although we did see families with children. But do note that the place is not overrun with children. Personally, we didn't see why you would bring your young kids here given that there isn't a kid pool and it was extremely hot but to each their own...We have a young child who we did not take, and we were not bothered by kids during our 5 day stay. We did note that we were celebrating our wedding anniversary, and we were given a voucher for two glasses of wine at Seven.
Hotel- There are three buildings. We stayed in the one next to a vacant lot- we actually liked our located on the 3rd floor ocean view room because no one could really see into our room. We splurged a bit with the ocean front, and it was worth it. Our friends stayed in a garden view and the room was a bit disjointed- not sure if all the garden views are that way- but there was bedroom, the living room down the hall, etc. The ocean front was worth it for us. The bathroom was very big, and the kitchenette area was perfect given that we did buy some food. My husband used the fitness room- he found it fine and the grounds are immaculate. We especially liked that they offered water right off the beach, sand/ water toys, etc. We even got two bottles of water each night in our room- nice touch. Housekeeping came twice a day, but it wasn't intrusive. If you are spending your day inside, you are missing the point of Turks and Caicos.
Food- We did not eat dinner or lunch at Seven nor The Deck, so we can't comment on that. We did enjoy complimentary breakfast. Yes, the food is mainly the same everyday- hot and cold- but they do usually make one or two changes, like pancakes versus waffles, etc. We enjoyed it as the food was good. I especially liked that I got my own carafe of coffee; therefore, I did not have to flag down the waitress to get more coffee and it kept my coffee hot. Plus, they gave us a copy of some articles from the NY Times each day- I thought this was a nice touch. This "free" breakfast was definitely one of the better ones we've had, and we've traveled quite a bit.
On another note, free Wi-Fi throughout the hotel grounds- that was really helpful for us as we could easily call home to check on our daughter.
Thus, this hotel ticked all the boxes for us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Anchoring the sweeping arc of the world-famous Grace Bay Beach in the Turks & Caicos Islands, Seven Stars Resort blends island hospitality with luxurious all-suite accommodations and world-class amenities. Expansive accommodations range from junior to five-bedroom suites and feature high-end furnishings and finishes, full kitchens or kitchenettes, wrap-around balconies and over-sized marble bathrooms with soaking tubs, terry bathrobes and L’Occitane amenities. Island-inspired cuisine is served in three dining venues. Ideal for couples and families, the oceanfront palm-lined resort features a pool terrace with cabanas, tennis, complimentary water-sports, kids program, spa, fitness center, and nearby championship golf. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, Expedia, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Seven Stars Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Seven Stars Hotel Providenciales
- 7 Stars Resort
- Seven Stars Providenciales
- Seven Stars Resort & Spa Turks And Caicos/Providenciales