“Superb personal service and breathtaking ocean views.”

Seven Stars Resort & Spa
Ranked #3 of 44 Hotels in Providenciales
Michigan
“Superb personal service and breathtaking ocean views.”
Reviewed 8 March 2010

We had a wonderfully relaxing experience in a beautiful breathtaking tropical paradise. The ocean views from our room were a sight to behold with the colors only imagined previously. The service was the absolutely most attentive and friendly that we have ever experienced, from the front desk to the houskeeping staff. Our names and preferences were remembered from the first day. There were many staff members who made our trip a memorable one from Niki the activities manager who brought a book from home and lent it to us, to the staff at the outdoor cafe and pool area. Calvin with his quick smile and wish to please, Don Rasmussen with his quiet and always friendly, smiling demeanor, Kirkwood who was especially attentive to our coffee "habit" in the evenings, to Kevin at the cafe who made sure we were always taken care of and to Steve the manager who always made it a point to stop and make sure we were "ok", and several others whose name we didn't get but were always friendly, helpful and smiling. We can't wait to return for a next visit. Thank you for making our trip a memorable one. Karen and Carry

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (860)
New York City
Reviewed 8 March 2010

My wife and I returned from our 1 week stay at the Seven Stars Resort. We booked a nice Premiere Ocean Front Room on Expedia which was larger than most people's condo's in NYC. The room was very nice, with a slick modern kitchen, nice living are, huge balcony, and large master bath. The property was very clean, nicely maintained, and very modern. The pool area was nice and never felt crowded. The beach on Grace Bay was beautiful and is the best part of Turks and Caicos. The property is located close to the supermarket and restaurants.

We enjoyed our stay but would not recommend the property due to it poor service and value for the price that the rooms cost. The hotel is priced to be a Four Season, Ritz Carlton, or other high end name and has a property to match. It falls short on the service, staff, and amenities that people that pay this kind of money expect.

The main issue with the rooms are the property was created for the "hotel condo" type of resort. This means that the rooms vary in size based on doors that are locked to create different sized rooms. These doors allow noise to travel from one person's room to another. While I was cooking breakfast in the kitchen, I could hear people in another room with a connecting room off the dinning area in our room. They must not have been happen with my moving of pots and washing of dishes.

The issue with the service is the main hotel staff is slow and they seem very disinterested in addressing any concerns. Many times the concierge never called us back and the front desk seem troubled by simple requests. Thankfully the restaurant staff and bartenders are responsive and nice.

There are very limited and pricey choices for food on the "resort". There is really just one restaurant for lunch and one for dinner. Both are very expensive and a terrible value. Our main concern was the price of drinks. We were regularly ringing up $75 alcohol tabs after consuming 3 beverages each. It did not stop us, but annoyed us.

The bottom line is this "resort" seems more focused on selling condos on the property than managing a true hotel that provides top notch service to match the top price people are paying to stay there. That is a big problem in my eyes, therefore I will tell all my friends to avoid the property. My guess is this property will be a full residence property rather than a resort in the next 12-18 months.

Toronto
Reviewed 2 March 2010

My wife wanted a change from the all inclusive 7 day vacation at the 500 suite resort in the sun. I myself am not fond of getting up early to get a spot around the pool or line up like cattle for meals, and agreed somewhere smaller and quieter would be a nice change. A friend of ours recommended one of the older popular Condominium hotel resorts at Grace Bay in Turks and Caicos, and I preceded to book a garden view room for 775.00 us per night. I then booked my flights via West jet direct to the hotel. ( 15 min. cab ride 13.00 U.S per person) The next day the hotel had sent me an email claiming that they could not confirm our booking but they had a hotel junior suite for $995.00. I took a pass and went online to read the reviews of the hotels in Turks. I found this 2 year old property built by an Italian industrialist, Seven Star resorts on Grace Bay with just over 100 suites, 70 percent of them are owned privately. The accommodations are stunning, equivalent to your luxury homes and condominiums at home. The Bathrooms were huge and luxurious, all of this overlooking the ocean with a walkout to a patio on the ocean front with at 450,00 U.S per night. They threw in dinner for two on the patio in their restaurant (Excellent) Continental breakfast daily, which is muffins, fruit, coffees and juices at the poolside restaurant, you could also order a la cart from a full menu if you wish to pay for it. Then they put in a message for two at their spa at a value of 120.00 each, my wife took both of them back to back and she loved it. The Staff are excellent, they serve you water and ice tea constantly at the pool (saltwater) and on the beach. The white sand beach, Wow. I have been to the Caribbean at least 10 times and this was the nicest cleanest safest spot. The Hotel is located perfectly, walking distance to great restaurants shopping and this great gourmet grocery store a block away. I can go on and on with all the perks wi-fi around the pool, Ethernet in the rooms, Extra towels, extra sheets, robs, fully equipped kitchenette. Both my wife and myself agreed that for the money, it was the best all around placed to stay in the Caribbean and would defiantly recommend it to our friends and return on our next trip with are kids.

2 Thank nwain
Chicago, IL
Reviewed 1 March 2010

We just got back from a 5-nite stay at 7 Stars. I traveled with my husband and two kids (16 & 10 yrs old). We stayed in a 2-bedroom oceanview suite. We booked directly thru the hotel, Yngrit was the onsite reservations manager and she was great! We were trying to figure out our options (1-room, 2-rooms, suite?) and Yngrit was kind enough to offer us the full suite and she discounted the nightly rate by $300/nite! We were NOT disappointed. We travel alot, and I choose Ritz Carltons & Four Seasons whenever I can (I am picky!) but this place made me think I was at a Four Seasons! The room was spectacular:. 2,300 sq. feet, high ceilings, crown mouldings, solid wood doors, en-suite marble & limestone baths with oversized shower & separate whirlpool. Gorgeous kitchen with GE Monogram appliances and a wine fridge! I felt as if I was staying at a rich friends beach house! And the private terrace - it was HUGE! (probably 1,000 sq. feet with lots of furniture to sit on.

Continental breakfast is included in the rate. (Continental does NOT mean "massive breakfast buffet!) It usually means juice, toast & coffee. 7 Stars offered several cereals, several flavors of Yoplait yogurt, fresh fruit juices (pineapple, orange, grapefruit), good coffee, and several sweetbread options (banana bread, muffins, etc.) If you want to order eggs or pancakes, you can for around $9.00 additional. They also offer take-out containers if you would like to take breakfast back to your room. The restaurant is at the pool, and they offer lunch as well. The food was very good.

There are lots of covered "cabanas" in front of the beach, which had couches and lounge chairs, and they are distanced enough to offer you privacy. These were really cozy spaces to get some shade and read, or take a nap. They have a cool beachside bar & Lounge - with lots of cushioned wicker furniture (lounge chairs & couches) so it's a great place to relax with a cocktail. Oh - the resort has FREE WI-FI at the Pool!! And it worked!

We had the concierge make us five dinner reservations - and they were confirmed (with a written schedule waiting in our unit at check in). The hotel also offers free shuttle van service to/from any restaurants in the Grace Bay area. This is great - because taxis are very expensive. We found the resort's service to be fabulous when we were there. (Housekeeping did arrive to clean our room late on one day - but it never happened again.)

The hotel has a nice spa, two tennis courts and a great selection of (free!) mountain bikes. My only "complaint" (because I guess I have to have one, in order to be credible) is that I wish the beds had higher thread-count sheets. Considering the quality of the units, I was surprised that the sheets felt sort of "rough". But now I'm just nitpicking!!

7 Stars is great - it's also the best priced Luxury hotel on Grace Bay and the newest!

• Stayed February 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank HMM099
Marietta, Georgia
Reviewed 28 February 2010

After many hours of review and research for the perfect resort for our 25th wedding anniversary I chose Seven Stars Resort. We were not disappointed! The resort is very new and when you see 5 star mentioned as the highest - I can see why it was named "7" stars! Our room was pool view, in the middle building, but the view straight ahead to the beautiful colors of the ocean and Grace Bay was really great. On our wish list would have been in room Wi-Fi. The spa at Seven Stars is highly rated. Great facial. Our dinner at Magnolia Restaurant for our anniversary, with it's romantic setting overlooking the marina and the water, capped off our perfect week. My husband might have been a little disappointed at first that the kite boarding wind was less than ideal that week but we soon settled in to many relaxing hours at the beach and by the pool catching up on our favorite books. I followed up on a great tip I had read on Trip Advisor before our vacation to book the snorkel tour of the reef with Steve at the Seven Stars beachside water sports desk. The weather was a little cloudy (lower visibility and chillier temps) but Steve made the trip great and he was always quick to point out and name the various fish findings in the water while snorkeling. Fun! Grace Bay grocery store was within walking distance of the hotel. Very new, clean and for the size had a surprising variety of groceries. We rented a car for the week and were glad we did to explore the island (not that much to explore but still fun to drive around some) and pick and chose from a variety of restaurants. My husband used the car the most to work out at the expansive Wrightfully Fitness near Turtle Bay. T & C ranks as one of our top islands.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
Columbus, OH
Reviewed 27 February 2010

We stayed at the Seven Stars from Feb 6th - Feb 14th. The resort is beautiful, our room was gorgeous (we LOVED the kitchenette), and the location is PERFECT. We were within walking distance of the grocery store and other shopping/restaurants. There were certain aspects of the resort, though, that we were not impressed with.

1. Service -- Not good at all. The resort advertises that they come around to folks at the pool with water, fruit, etc. The fruit (nothing exotic -- normal stuff you could get in the states) is probably left over from breakfast. We only saw them come around with water a few times while we were by the pool. The staff wasn't that interested in getting people beverages, etc. unless they were part of a large group.
2. Power Outages -- We experienced a lack of power in certain parts of our room at various times throughout our stay. There was no good reason for why this would have happened. The power also went out while I was in the restroom by the pool. There was NO LIGHT. As I left the restroom, I heard the staff on the phone asking if they had a power generator. I believe this is something that should be a given.
3. Spa -- Our package came with a free couples massage. First, it was advertised that it would be an in-room massage. It was not. It was done at the spa. Not a big deal, but I would prefer that they advertise accurately. The spa rooms are open to the parking lot/front of the resort/bike area. This area is noisy, and not conducive to a peaceful massage. The massages weren't that great.
4. Room Maintenance -- The staff maintaining the room came at random times during the day. It always turned out that they were there right when we wanted to go back to our room to eat, which we did at different times each day in hopes of avoiding them. At one point they left us without additional toilet paper when we were almost out, and we had to ask the front desk to get us some.
5. Concierge -- AWFUL!!! We made restaurant reservations through them on 5 separate occasions. Out of the 5, only 2 of the reservations were actually made. They didn't even make the reservation for the restaurant at the hotel!!!! It is embarrassing to show up at very nice restaurants on the island and have no reservation when you thought you did. Luckily the restaurants were able to accomodate us. I recommend that you make your own reservations if possible, or demand a confirmation from the hotel. In one case, the resort delivered a confirmation of our reservation to our room AFTER the reservation already occurred.
6. Breakfast -- Not good. It is a carb fest. It is free, but watch your blood sugar. We ended up going to Hemingway's one morning, and getting food from the grocery store for most of the rest of the week. The drinks are $11 each, and not that big. I recommend getting rum from the grocery store and making your own drinks in your room. (make note -- no alcohol sales on sundays)
7. Communication among staff members -- Our package came with a complimentary meal at the Terrace restaurant. First, the reservation was never made. Second, we inquired if anything was off-limits for the complimentary meal. The wait staff at the restaurant indicated that only cigars were off limits. We ordered a $50 bottle of wine with our meal, which was actually one of the cheaper bottles. When we checked out of the hotel, they charged us for the meal, and when we explained the meal was our complimentary one, they tried to charge us for the wine. We would have paid for the bottle if we knew it was not included or not ordered one at all, but we do not appreciate being made to feel like we are trying to cheat them out of something. The hotel also tried to charge us for one of the complimentary breakfasts. They also delivered someone else's bill to our room in addition to ours.
8. Lack of supplies -- On two separate occasions we attempted to order mojitos, which are on their drink menu. The first time they didn't have any limes. The second time they didn't have mint. What bar advertising mojitos doesn't have lime or mint?? We never got the mojitos. In addition, one of the bartenders was kind of rude and put-out to be there.

The resort IS a feast for the eyes, and they have some great bungalow-like things to sit in between the pool and the ocean. The pool is beautiful, the beach is paradise, and the seating is comfortable. They have a great patio bar (rude bartender, though) overlooking the ocean, that is very cool. The pool bar is nice, but it would have been cooler if they had lowered it and made it a swim-up bar. Our room was amazing -- the bed was comfy, the kitchenette was perfect, and we loved the bathroom. I am very glad we were able to get a great deal on our room, because paying more for the kind of service we received would have been ridiculous.

2 Thank CurlyGirlCMH
Orlando
Reviewed 25 February 2010

Very nice condo's on Grace Bay. Great rooms and the best beach on the island. very close to most things and the airport is only 20 min ride

• Stayed February 2010, travelled on business