“Great Experience!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Paul and Jill's Equestrian Stables

Paul and Jill's Equestrian Stables
More attraction details
Owner description: Take a guided horseback ride through the rain forest, past Danish ruins, along beautiful white sand beach with palm trees and spectacular vibrant blues of the sea, while discovering a wide palette of tropical sights and sounds from kapok trees, tarzan vines and wild bromilliads to gigantic termite nests and tame honey bee hives.
Christiansted, St. Croix
“Great Experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

My friend and I went horseback riding with Jill this past Saturday and had a blast!! We rode through the rain forest and then onto the beach, letting the horses wash their feet in the water as we went. When we got to the beach, she paused and set us up for pictures. I was really impressed with the ones she took!!! The riding was a great experience, and even though I'm a beginner and my friend has been riding since childhood, we both loved it!! We hit two sections where she let the horses go a little faster, and while it was new for me, I never really felt out of my element. Jill makes a great guide, pointing out the various flora and fauna along the way.

If you come to St. Croix, this is definitely something you should do while you're here!!

Visited April 2014

New York City, New York
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Easy, Fun, Informational”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014

Jill is a fun and knowledgable guide. The horses are calm and know where to go and what to do; I am by means an experienced rider (5 times on a horse in my lifetime maybe) and would have been comfortable at a faster pace as well - but then we would have missed out on the beautiful forest/beach. Helmets are available.

After the trip we walked along the beach towards Frederiksted. We rented paddleboards at Freedom City Surf. Took about half an hour to get back into the city, but the second half had us walking on the street for ~10 minutes so it wouldn't recommend it. The taxi from Frederiksted to the stables was $10.

1 Thank M K
Follansbee, West Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great riding experience, even for beginners”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2014

My wife and I honeymooned on St. Croix in March, 2014. She loves horseback riding, having owned a horse for some time. I am more of a beginner but also love the experience. The resort we stayed at recommended Paul and Jill's to us and we were not disappointed. They are a very friendly couple and take good care of their horses.

Jill was our guide and shared her wealth of knowledge about local flora and fauna (as well as some history) with us as we rode through the trails in the rainforest. The trip took us onto the beach where Jill offered to use our camera to take pictures of us on horseback. On the way back we got to trot some. I felt very safe and relaxed, even as a beginner rider, as Jill is very experienced and kept an eye on me, offering advice as I rode. Lastly, the price was very good for the 90+ minute ride.

We would definitely recommend visitors to book a ride with Paul and Jill's.

Helena, Montana
3 attraction reviews
“Ride on the beach and the rain forest”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2014

What a beautiful ride! Jill was a great guide, she has a way of making everyone feel very comfortable. She had great ideas on photo shots and even took over the camera. My teenage girls actually cracked a smile!! Paul made sure we were secure every step of the way! They make a great team!

Hanson, Massachusetts
“Great vacation memories!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2014

I have been visiting the beautiful island of St. Croix for quite a few years now. Each time I make a point of riding at Paul&Jill's stable.Her horses are very well cared for and friendly.They know their job and can sense when some people are first time riders or need extra tlc. On the trail Jill will point out all the different flowers,trees and landmarks like the old slave ruins.We ride along the gorgeous beach and by the end of the ride the group feels like old friends looking forward to the next ride!

Visited February 2014