“Sweet Bottom here I come”

Sweet Bottom Dive Center
Ranked #2 of 52 Tours in St. Croix
More attraction details
Owner description: Sweet Bottom Dive Center offers World Class Diving on St. Croix. With our home base located at the Renassiance St. Croix Carambola Resort; we have the perfect house reef known as the Davis Bay Wall, only 100 yards away. We are known for our high quality customer service, high end rental equipment, and safety record. We offer guided shore diving, guided boat diving, technical diving, and snorkeling along the wonderful island of St. Croix. Come and SEA us on your next visit to the USVI!
Ramstein-Miesenbach, Germany
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Sweet Bottom here I come”
Reviewed 18 July 2014

I have not been to Sweet Bottom yet but I earned my certifications from Mel and Greg a few years ago and they are the reason I'm going to Sweet Bottom. When starting my research of the area I saw all these wonderful reviews for Mel and Greg and my heart swelled with happiness that so many people have found similar experiences with them that I have. I'll update this once I have been there but I for one can say that they are top notch people and I expect everything they surround themselves with is top notch too.

Visited August 2013

Castle Pines, Colorado
39 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 131 helpful votes
“Why We Chose the Carambola”
Reviewed 12 July 2014

One of the primary reasons we chose the Carambola was because Sweet Bottom was located on site. We wanted to do some diving and love the convenience of a close dive shop when we are on vacation. The Sweet Bottom folks were awesome -- laid back, helpful, and very friendly. We had lots of diving options as they do all shore dives and aren't restricted by a boat schedule. However, we ultimately only did two dives with Sweet Bottom as we found the wall right off the Carambola beach to be a total yawner. It may just have been the conditions or time of year, but we immediately decided not to waste our time at Carambola. Sweet Bottom helped us get some other dives scheduled at other sites on the island (which were leaps and bounds better).

Visited November 2013
San Francisco, California
“Sweet and simple!”
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Loved this place! Greg and Mel are friendly and knowledgable. It was like I'd known them forever. Greg went the extra mile to help me fix my BC; When he couldn't fix it, he dropped it off at a shop that could. I also got a personal one on one night dive with Mel who showed me a ton of sea life. The shore diving at Carambola was a treat with a VERY easy entrance and a grand wall that offers a different experience each direction, totally worth doing a two tank dive for this wall. You won't be disappointed. These are laid back, easy going folks who clearly love what they are doing. They are thorough, helpful and extremely competent. I did not personally do any of their trainings but I understand it is very personalized as they keep the teacher/student ratio small. I highly recommend these guys and will definitely use them again. Thanks again Greg and Mel for an awesome time!!

Visited June 2014
Denton, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Fabulous Dive Experience!”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

This was my first experience ocean diving since becoming PADI certified. I was a little apprehensive, but the folks at Sweet Bottom dive shop were great! They were very knowledgable and helped me get over my apprehension and enjoy my first dive off the wall. It was so great I went two more times. I would highly recommend the shop if you want a great diving experience.

Visited July 2014
Chicago, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Friendly, convenient dive shop!”
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Our family took advantage of the convenient location of the Sweet Bottom Dive Center at the Renaissance Carambola during our recent stay in St. Croix. Our youngest daughter (8 years old) took the "Little Bubblers" class. This was an introductory dive lesson in the pool for younger kids. She ended up being the only one enrolled that day and got a fabulous private lesson from Mel. Mel was a patient and fun instructor who made it such an enjoyable and informative experience that I'm pretty sure my daughter is now hooked on diving and will want to become certified the minute she turns ten! Mel also let our daughter keep the snorkel, mask and flippers at the pool for the remainder of the day to play & practice. The class also included a fun little take-home bag that contained a towel, a scuba pool toy, a booklet, and a patch! Definitely a lot of value for the price and a fun way to introduce a child to diving!!

The next day my husband and older daughter did the "Discover Scuba" package which included a semi-private dive lesson in the pool, followed by an hour-plus shore dive. Again, the lesson was taught by Mel who is such a gifted and fun instructor. The shore dive was a great introduction to SCUBA. I was surprised by how much they learned in one lesson!! There were plenty of interesting things to see in the water there and both my husband and my daughter, first-time divers, had a great experience that was safe & not too intimidating.

Finally, I just want to mention that because it was on-site we spent a little time in the center just shopping and visiting. They had some cute dive items and jewelry from local artists. The entire staff there is friendly and helpful! We would highly recommend this dive center!!

Visited June 2014