“Superb and sublime, equal to Coco Bistro and best of Anguilla”
Review of Savant

Savant
Ranked #3 of 109 Restaurants in Christiansted
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: 340-713-8666
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Dined at Savant June 27. Wife, me and 24 year old dtr. What a delightful meal from start to finish. The courtyard is a grotto of old walls, trees and plants that was a lovely setting. Servers could not have been nicer and more personable. We shared a lobster egg roll app that was excellent- far exceeded the rolls at Coco Bistro in Provo. Carol and Ali had the one fresh mahi special, a crushed wasabi pea and panko topping with a sauce of ginger, tamarind and forget what else but was delicious. The side butter bibb salad was perfect. I had the prosciuto wrapped mahi with an olive tamenade topping. Nicely done but the other special took the prize. A chocolate rum cake was a delight- not overwhelming with the rum flavor and was a combination we never considered, but worked well. The frozen key lime pie was quite good. Overall one of the best meals we've had in the Caribbean- equal to what we've enjoyed in Anguilla and Coco Bistro in Provo. Well done!

Reviewed 24 June 2014

I can't say enough about the Savant. It was recommended to us by our divers that work at SCUBA. We had never heard of Savant, so my husband & I went there and the food, service and atmosphere was awesome. I still talk about the great wine and lobster dinner I had. We sat on the outside patio and the weather was warm and breezy, a small drizzle of rain started but the top was pulled over quickly but then was opened again after the rain. One suggestion is to make a reservation, you would have known. We were staying close by and walked to the restaurant and were told it would be 1-1 1/2 hr wait for a table outside so we sat at the bar and had a appetizer and drink and within 30 mins we were given a table outside as somebody did not show for their reservation. If I could go back to St Croix I certainly would eat there again. I highly recommend this place and I have to thank the Dive instructors for telling us about it.

1  Thank Poovie
Reviewed 18 June 2014

This is a magical little restaurant with high quality food and an impressive attention to detail. Sitting in the courtyard is a must (which is not connected the the indoor seating in the front - you walk around back). The courtyard is very cool: lots of foliage, an outdoor bar, candles, a slightly untamed feeling that really works. The food, much of which is locally sourced, is cooked and seasoned just right and reflects cuisine from around the world. I had the vegetarian Thai Red Curry with rice and the salad of the day (beet chips, lemon vinaigrette, local produce), Dessert was a sinful chocolate peanut butter mousse cake and delicious coffee, served in a unique manner. Staff was attentive and kind. I would dine here again in a heartbeat.

Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

The title says it all. The courtyard is truly amazing. The food is unique and delicious. Savant is a must do.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

We were staying at The Buccaneer, and were somewhat reluctant to leave that gorgeous property for dinner. But our 20-something kids had eaten at Savant earlier that week and really wanted us to have the experience off-resort.

We were a party of 5 adults: 2 in our 60s; 3 in their 20s. We loved the 'island atmosphere' of this authentic little place. The chef takes pride in coming up with very creative menu offerings, using the freshest ingredients. Staff also takes part in recommending dishes and critiquing them.

There were several fresh fish options that night. I chose proscuitto-wrapped mahi, which was very good. But I wished I'd chosen my son's grilled mahi with lobster & avocado sauce, because I love lobster. The chunks of lobster were huge and plentiful. One of the best fresh fish dishes I've tasted. Servings are large, and we had plenty to share. I think the entree specials were priced from $30 to $36/each, so not cheap. But worth it.

We sat inside, because the courtyard was full. The kids at at the courtyard earlier that week, and were befriended by the staff and other locals, so they had fun hanging out there a while after their meal.