“Cruzan Cuisine”

Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Description: 340-773-3377
Reviewed 16 September 2013

I asked several Cruzans where to get the best Cruzan food near the Hibiscus Beach Resort. Harvey’s and Barney’s were recommended, but they neglected to mention Kim’s. Originally, we stopped at Harvey’s but were unimpressed with the menu which was mostly chicken and not very original. Maybe they were keeping Kim’s for themselves, because the two dishes my friend and I shared (goat curry and a conch with creole sauce) could not have been better. We were the first customers of the day, so we waited a few minutes while the menu board was prepared: and what a menu it was. In addition to the goat and conch, there were 4 types of freshly caught fish. The only reason I can’t give it 5 stars is because the place needs a little tidying up: dusty hanging plastic plants hanging by a thread, windows in need of cleaning, etc. But the beer was cold and the food excellent. Oh, be prepared to settle into the island life and patiently wait for your food. It's worth the wait.

Reviewed 13 August 2013

Owner works hard to give you a good meal.for value.One of the best for local food.the conch is tender and,tasty

Reviewed 10 August 2013 via mobile

Kim's is a restraunt with great food but last night it had very slow service. It took them 45 minutes to bring out an apetizer salad then it took another 10 minutes to bring out my fried chicken and baked maccaromi. But overall it has great food and I enjoyed it

1  Thank Rainbowpig6
Reviewed 1 August 2013

The food was wonderful - local and fresh. All homemade. We felt like we were in grandmom's house. We enjoyed the Cajun style sauce on our dishes. Just be sure to order your sides. Your dinner comes with a salad and rice. Our waitress was not very helpful and so this made it difficult navigating the whiteboard menu so we played it safe-and it was delicious - but we are glad our daughter ordered a side of mac n cheese for her dinner - delicious! I like how they offer a few good really fresh items with a few different sauces. Wish more menus were this simple for it is a true sign of freshness and definitely homemade!

The restaurant itself is very basic. They do a lot of take-out. I might suggest not the best for children if you are looking for good local food - our teen did okay. However, we visited a second place and the overall experience for our family due to the atmosphere and service and provisions included made it our favorite over Kim's.

Reviewed 25 July 2013

From the outside Kim's is not much to look at, but the food was hot, tasty and homemade. DH and I had barbecue chicken (they were out of the baked chicken), rice and potato salad. We ate outside on some tables in the back of the restaurant because it was a very hot day. Once you ignore the flying insects, it was a tasty affordable meal.