“Great small place, local hangout”
Review of No Bones Cafe

No Bones Cafe
Ranked #17 of 104 Restaurants in Christiansted
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
“Great small place, local hangout”
Reviewed 11 June 2012

Great local place...unless you're familiar with area ask directions...down from Gallows Bay Hardware or if you're driving out of town, turn left at Schooner Bay Market. Once you get there (and I suggest getting there early so theres a good chance they won't have run out of specials) you won't be disappointed. Small but comforatble dining area (with TV's on sports channels, but I would classify it as a sports bar)..bar has ample seating but fills up with locals & regulars quick. The air fills with local gossip, local politics & business. Good standard menu, with daily specials (last time there I got in a little later & missed out on the conch special of the day), but had a fantastic platter of fresh mahi-mahi, with sides. They offer steak, chicken, seafood entres, good range of sides, salads, and again, daily specials. They definitely aim to please, good & friendly service and priced right for their offerings. Full service bar (remember no draughts).

• Visited April 2012
2 Thank Frank K

Christiansted, St. Croix
“Awesome place to eat in St Croix”
Reviewed 5 April 2012

Spectacular place!
Great food, great specials, awesome staff, great prices - it doesn't get much better than this!

• Visited March 2012
2 Thank Beachlover4951
St. Clair Shores
“It's a secret!”
Reviewed 3 April 2012

We stayed ten weeks in St. Croix and No Bones was a place we visited several times. There are lots of choices on the island, so we think this place has got it going on. Chuck, the owner, makes No Bones everything that it is. He's affable, he's savvy about his business (we've seen him doing market studies at other eateries around town!), he always has time for a chat. He remembers you if you come in more than once, too. One time, we were a party of six, on the late side, and I think four or five of us ordered the Wedge Salad (the freshest ingredients here, so very tasty, couldn't do better myself......but beware, it's enough for two!). He came to the table, very apologetic, saying they'd run out of iceberg, would I mind romaine? They could easily have said they were out of the wedge, but made the effort to make me happy. And, it was delicious! That's pretty much how the service is at No Bones. The food is delicious......special prime rib night, all kinds of seafood (the mussels appetizer, I had for dinner, it was soooooo good). A good local scene, which we always appreciate when we travel.

• Visited March 2012
2 Thank Judy O
Arvada, Colorado
“Great food and fun locals!”
Reviewed 3 April 2012

I stopped by to have lunch with a friend from the island on St. Pat's day. The food and drinks were good; the locals were fun and festive - very into the St. Pat's spirit. It is definitely a "no nonsense" place and very comfortable. The prices are good and the service is quick. We sat at the bar and I enjoyed meeting some "regulars". I went back a second time during my visit and had spinach quiche - it was great and a nice change from the fried menus you find at a lot of the in-town places. I recommend stopping by "No Bones" for a good experience. You will not be disappointed.

• Visited February 2012
2 Thank Melissa I
St. Croix, USVI
“No Bones about it- this place rocks!”
Reviewed 27 January 2012

Proprietor Chuck treats you like visiting royalty when you enter this secret hideaway. When you find it, in Gallows Bay behind Sharkey's Bait Stand and Schooner Bay Market, you won't want to go anywhere else! Perfectly prepared classic favorites, plus daily specials, fresh fish and local specialties done spot on make up the satisfying menu. No Bones feels like the bar in Cheers, too - even if you've never been there before it's like everybody knows your name! You don't want to miss a trip to No Bones...it's a WINNER!!!

2 Thank STXGirl