“Personal, close and catered to your needs” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bilinda Charters

Bilinda Charters
Ranked #3 of 27 Tours in Christiansted
More attraction details
Owner description: Private Sailing Adventures for up to six passengers! Prepare yourself for an exhilarating day on the Caribbean Sea in the East End Marine Park Sanctuary. Our 36 ft. Sailing sloop has a large shaded cockpit, a clean marine bathroom, and a well-outfitted galley. There's also a custom-built swim platform with a deep ladder so that you can easily get in and out of the water. Sail as much or as little as you like, and even take the helm yourself or just relax and unwind. We'll swim with sting rays and snorkel the barrier reef where we'll guide you to the very best coral reef habitats. This sailing excursion is perfect for couples, families, a group of friends, or small company outings. You'll love the experience of chartering a sailboat and it will undoubtedly be the best part of your vacation on St. Croix! Book us for special occasions!!
Western Springs, Illinois
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Personal, close and catered to your needs”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2013

I charted Capt Dee's boat for my family of five (me, my wife and kids aged 15,14 and 12) for a full day with Capt Dee and first mate Mason. We enjoyed the personal touches provided by Capt Dee and Mason. Mason took his time leading us on our snorkeling tours and diving down to show us some of the cool sea life that we would have not seen on a larger tour (feather dusters, non-spiny sea urchins, and more). Capt Dee even let my wife and son dive off the boat and snorkel back to our hotel just a few hundred yards away on our return. Capt Dee's lunch was great and the sunshade was a welcome relief from the intense sun.

Be sure to give Capt Dee a call as early as possible 'cause she does book up.

Dee O, Owner at Bilinda Charters, responded to this review, 19 September 2013
Thank you for writing a review. We are working on the boat now and getting ready for the season
I remember your time with us. I especially remember your son wanting to swim back to the hotel.
You both did perfect entries into the water as we jibbed away:) Nice job .. We just wanna say thanks for making our season very successful. We want you to come back so the "crucian" hospitality is just part of a way of saying Thanks!!
Hope your summer was a blast!! See you next season..

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, Usa
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“had a wonderful 1/2 day sail/snorkel trip with Capt. Dee”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2013

My daughter and I had a wonderful time with Capt. Dee and crew, they were informative, educational and fun. We're new at snorkling and they provided one on one instruction and assistance while in the water. We saw lots of turtles during the sail, and sea life on the coral reef. I highly recommend Belinda Charters to anyone visiting St. Croix.

Visited September 2013
Dee O, Owner at Bilinda Charters, responded to this review, 15 September 2013
Thank you for the 91st review of our sailing excursion
on St. Croix. It was very nice to meet you and
your daughter during your September visit. I know
the weather was really rainy due to tropical storm
Gabriella but we lucked out and went out early enough to
have good weather. I guess that is a plus for you
choosing a private charter as we can be more
flexible and get you out sailing in the best possible
conditions...
Thank you for a lovely review and see you next season!
Marion, Alabama, Usa
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2013

This "Sunset Sail" is a must. Captain Dee and First Mate Mason know about sailing and how to make the trip very enjoyable. Very professional but also like and old friend. Highly recommend to anyone visiting St. Croix.

Sam & Kathy

Dee O, Owner at Bilinda Charters, responded to this review, 9 September 2013
Thank you both for joining us for that delightful sunset cruise! It was the last sunset cruise we had scheduled and the weather really cooperated, We enjoy anchoring at Shoys Beach and running downwind as the sun sets..just a perfect way to enjoy the evening with a few snacks and beverages...
We hope to see you all next season. Thank you for the lovely review and helping to spread the word to others. You are really helping to keep us doing what we like to do best!
Austin, Texas
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Great Hands on Sailing lesson, they are number one for a reason.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2013

We took a sailing lesson, Discover sailing- with Capt Dee and her crew. What a fantastic day. My son is 14 and had the time of his life "steering" the boat, learning about sails, raising anchors etc. I loved talking with Dee- and you can tell she is a seasoned sailor and a patient teacher. We all took turns steering and tying knots, as well as blowing the conch shell horn. It was all my son talked about the whole week and he even asked if we could do it again before we left St.Croix. They served snacks and soft drinks and overall we just had a fabulous day.

Ask Dee to give you the link to her children's songs...she is a musician as well as a sailor! We have been on many many sailing expeditions, both in the caribbean and hawaii and I will say this was my favorite of all of those.

Dont mess with the other charters. We did another "cattle call" charter last year that we really liked but Bilinda is so so much better.

Dee O, Owner at Bilinda Charters, responded to this review, 15 August 2013
Wow.. what a sweet uplifting review! It's always wonderful to get email notices from Trip Advisor
that we have a Review Alert. We are wrapping up the 2013 season and preparing to take a breather and reflect on our year. So glad that Trip Advisor has such a great business that informs those that plan in advance where the best places are too spend their hard earned vacation dollars! We were delighted to take your family sailing and offer the Discover Sailing Lesson to your son. He was extremely focused and easy to communicate with..Thanks for the opportunity to keep my teaching skills in check..'
BTW your music is wonderful too..not very often do we get professional muscians aboard...
Please come back and i will make sure there is a guitar aboard..
Berryville, Virginia
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Fantastic fun!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2013 via mobile

Captain Dee and first mate Cole made our day perfect. Couldn't find more friendly, accommodating people. Picked us up at a dock in Christiansted at 10 am and we sailed and snorkeled until 4 pm. Even taught us landlubbers some of the finer points of sailing. Delicious lunch prepared by Captain Dee while we snorkeled at our second secluded spot of the day. Cole dove with us and pointed out things that we likely would have missed on our own. It turned out that Cole is also a waiter at a spot in town that we'd been considering and he told us about some things that aren't on the menu so their hospitality extended long into the night! Captain Dee is highly, highly, HIGHLY recommended!

Visited July 2013
Dee O, Owner at Bilinda Charters, responded to this review, 30 July 2013
I have to first and foremost thank you for taking your precious time to write such a lovely review.
Without Trip Advisor I do not think we would have had such a successful season this year.
There are so many wonderful ways for visitors to spend their short, week long vacations. Thank you for choosing a full day luncheon sail. The weather really was summer- perfect with water temps. in the 80's. It's nice that you got to go to the Tavern..Cole told me you stopped in on your last night on the island. Please come back and visit again.. we enjoyed your time with us.
Looks like you have a very high rating as a reviewer! Excellent...our business is thriving because of the high marks we have received form you..have a great rest of the year and see you next season..