“Don't Miss Out!”
Review of Bilinda Charters

Bilinda Charters
Ranked #3 of 26 Tours in Christiansted
More attraction details
Owner description: Private Sailing Adventures for up to six passengers! Prepare yourself for an exhilarating day on the Caribbean Sea in the East End Marine Park Sanctuary. Our 36 ft. Sailing sloop has a large shaded cockpit, a clean marine bathroom, and a well-outfitted galley. There's also a custom-built swim platform with a deep ladder so that you can easily get in and out of the water. Sail as much or as little as you like, and even take the helm yourself or just relax and unwind. We'll swim with sting rays and snorkel the barrier reef where we'll guide you to the very best coral reef habitats. This sailing excursion is perfect for couples, families, a group of friends, or small company outings. You'll love the experience of chartering a sailboat and it will undoubtedly be the best part of your vacation on St. Croix! Book us for special occasions!!
Bear, Delaware
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Don't Miss Out!”
Reviewed 10 July 2014

This was our 3rd trip to St. Croix as a family and we always make a point to spend some time with Capt. Dee. She is amazingly knowledgeable about the island and a very experienced sailor. We are always very comfortable and well taken care of during our trips with her. The snorkeling is well guided and the snacks for the way back are first rate. We love sailing with Dee because there is never a dull moment and we usually have lots of laughs!

Sailing a private charter with Capt. Dee is definitely the way to go! After three years, we are very glad to call Dee a friend. We always look forward to the next time that we can come to St. Croix for a visit!

Visited July 2014
Dee O, Owner at Bilinda Charters, responded to this review, 12 July 2014
Thank you for supporting our small sailing business in so many ways! You always bring such positive energy to St. Croix when you visit. So great that your Mom is collaborating with her art students and working with a local teacher exchanging artist ideas and projects.
I enjoyed sailing with you but our beach time was extra special. I didn't see you at the fireworks but
I am sure you saw how St. Croix puts on a great show from the pier to the edge of the water.
Just wondering if you will make it year 4? We can only hope:)

Highland Park, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Captain Dee to the Rescue”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

My mom, my sister and I sailed with Captain Dee and Cole. The sail and snorkel trip were the highlight of our trip to St. Croix. The snorkeling, the food and the conversation were all terrific! Initially we were headed for Tortola (BVI) but after loosing one of our pass ports while enroute we did a redo and ended up in St. Croix (USVI). Captain Dee fit us into her schedule at the last minute. She even stopped by our resort on her day off to pick up some school and first aid supplies that we were going to donate to an organization on Tortola. She then delivered them to a local battered woman's shelter on St. Croix. If you are looking for a personal (not commercial) way to spend the day - this is the way to go!!!

Visited March 2014
Dee O, Owner at Bilinda Charters, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Wow.. Thank you for writing the review! I will always remember the Go Pro girls!!!
We hope that that mistake of losing your passport and being diverted to St. Croix makes you all want to come for another visit!
It was my pleasure helping you find a good place to give all the art supplies. You made a lot of children very happy.
Hope you are enjoying a well deserved summer. Fair Winds:)
Lubbock, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Captain Dee and Cole were great.”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Took my three older kids and granddaughter. Cole the first mate was so patient and took the time to explain everything. He pulled my 3 year old grandbaby around on the horseshoe floaty while we snorkeled. The lunch was great and Captain Dee is very experienced sailor.

1 Thank Dana G
Dee O, Owner at Bilinda Charters, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
Thank you for bringing your whole family out with us! It was fun meeting your little granddaughter
who did exceptionally well considering her age! People always ask how old should a child should be to come sailing with us. My traditional response is based on how well a child can sit and be in the cockpit for an extended period of time. Many children just let the boat rock them to sleep:) others are just fine sitting there until we get to the anchorage. Kid's just seem more well traveled since I was a young-un.
Hope to see you next year!
Tallahassee, Florida
“Well worth it.”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

My wife and I booked a 4 hour sail and snorkel trip with Captain Dee. The boat is comfortable, safe and well maintained. Her knowledge of the area after 20 + years including time as a teacher of environmental studies is complete. Her pleasant companionship as she expertly sailed to and from our destination was enjoyable. The snorkel equipment was first rate. The views were typical of the area and the highlights included a squid colony and new elk horn coral. She has two young men at different times as mates and although we only met one there is no doubt in this type of operation they will both be excellent. Ours certainly was. Finally, the picnic snack she served was a combination of homemade hummus, fruits, cheeses and sliced meat of excellent quality. Safety is important to us as well as an approach that is not tourist designed. Dee provided both. Remember to bring your towel. We forgot but she had a spare.

Dee O, Owner at Bilinda Charters, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
It was my pleasure meeting you and sailing with you. Thank you for such an insightful review of
our sailing adventure. I particularly like kind, good and friendly service when I get to go off island on vacation.
I think you hit the nail on the head when you described our way of approaching business. We want everyone to feel comfortable, safe and heard while with us. We gear each trip as an individual experience. I am grateful and thankful to be able to do this for all those that sail with us!
May we meet again!
Louisville, Kentucky
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 71 helpful votes
“A "Can't Miss" if You're Visiting St. Croix”
Reviewed 28 June 2014

I'm crew on a sailboat back home, so sailing in the VI's was something I definitely wanted to do when visiting St. Croix. I wanted the experience to be a fun one for my family too, so I was initially looking at snorkeling/sailing charters and stumbled across Captain Dee and her boat Zulu. It was a little more expensive but gave us a much more personal experience than packing onto a giant catamaran with thirty other people and herded to a location together... Boy it was a great choice.

My wife and kids don't have "sea legs" so Captain Dee reefed the sails and tried really hard to take it easy on a day when the winds were 15 plus mph...and she succeeded for a while..LOL...but fate had its way and my kids got to feeling the sea after about 30 mins... She handed them a cold soda and had them lie back against the cockpit and place the cold drink on their necks...They made it to our destination without surrendering breakfast...LOL

The cockpit of her boat, a 37' Alban is completely covered by a full and permanent bimini, which is nice so you can be out of the scorching sun and weather if there is any. The Zulu is well-maintained, all the ropes, pulleys and wenches looked in good order...this is very important if you're about to get on a boat you don't own. A cursory looked put this sailors mind at ease...Zulu is in good shape. There's a bathroom on board should anyone need it and Captain Dee is so very pleasant to talk to about the local sailing scene, the Caribbean, St. Croix...she's been sailing for over 30 years and is a mainstay in the Christiansted sailing community.

She'll let you take the helm if you like, which I did...since like I said...I sail... Sailing in the VI's is very different than home...the waves can take you off your heading in an instant, but she was very helpful in helping me maintain course... We tacked starboard and port for a while to reach Green Cay island, where we would snorkel.

We got to our destination and her first hand, Aaron, took us out snorkeling. He was very experienced, and the snorkeling gear was in very fine condition...again, very important for snorkeling... Aaron even towed around a small preserver so my wife and daughter could hang on, or anyone of us could take a breather if needed at any time...we saw a nice stingray and plenty of other local fish, coral etc... Excellent activity.

Afterward, Dee prepared plates of snacks, pears, apples, nuts, cheeses and meats and we snacked on board while she prepared the boat for the return trip.

The half day sail was excellent and gave us a personal experience that we'll never forget...thanks! Captain Dee and Aaron for making our trip to your harbor something

Dee O, Owner at Bilinda Charters, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
Thank for letting other know about our trip and the quick and easy way to relief seasickness. The best thing to do is to take a non drowsy seasickness medication as directed.
It was fun letting you take the helm . You did very well considering the conditions.
Yes we try to personalize each persons experience aboard and offer high quality munchies. You can't go sailing without good munchies!
Have a wonderful summer on the Ohio on your friends Alberg30.. Great boat!!
Thanks again and Happy 4th of July!