“Relaxing Dives; Affable Employees; Won't Dive Anywhere Else”

St. Croix Ultimate Bluewater Adventures (SCUBA), Inc.
Ranked #2 of 27 Tours in Christiansted
More attraction details
Owner description: The friendliest dive shop on earth operates two dive boats, one from Christiansted and one from Frederiksted, diving all of the moored dive sites along the island's north and west shores. As a full PADI 5 Star IDC training facility SCUBA conducts all scuba dive training from Discover Scuba Diving (intro) courses through professional level.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Chicago, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Relaxing Dives; Affable Employees; Won't Dive Anywhere Else”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

My girlfriend and I just got back from St. Croix and absolutely loved the diving. I was certified, and my girlfriend, Erin, had to complete her open water checkout dives. The divemasters I had for my 3 days of diving, Haines (sp?) and Mark were both tremendously knowledgeable and personable. Erin’s instructor, Mike, was affable and professional, helping her complete her certification at ease. The dive boats were small and intimate groups, which is why I liked them so much. All of the employees, from the owners to the DMs to the boat captains were personable, professional, and a lot of fun to be around.

The diving itself was really great. The reefs around St. Croix are easy with plenty of wildlife to see. The pier in Frederiksted was a personal favorite of mine as well as “The Aquarium”.

I know Erin and I plan on diving with SCUBA every time we come to St. Croix. We had a wonderful experience.

Visited May 2014
stcroixscuba, Owner at St. Croix Ultimate Bluewater Adventures (SCUBA), Inc., responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Derek it was great to have you and Erin diving with us and we were delighted to be able to complete Erin's Openwater Certification. Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review of us, I think "affable" is a new adjective describing our crew. We look forward to both of you returning to dive with us.

Alexandria, Virginia
“Best SCUBA diving on the island!”
Reviewed 26 May 2014

The crew at SCUBA dive shop is top notch. They know a great deal about diving in St. Croix and will make sure that you have a wonderful experience diving with them.

I’d like to mention John Gillette as an outstanding divemaster and instructor. He makes sure that you have the most awesome experience diving. He is very knowledgeable about all of the dive sites and will make sure that every dive trip if fun. Ask for John next time you are there and you will find out what I mean.

I will definitely be diving with SCUBA next time I’m in St. Croix!

Martin S.

Visited May 2014
Martin, thanks for coming back to St. Croix for more diving with us. It's always great to see you and we thank you for taking the time to write the great review. The fact that you keep coming back to dive with us speaks as loudly as the review. We hope to see you again soon.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Awesome SCUBA diving and great people”
Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

The crew at SCUBA especially John Gillette are fantastic. They know the dive sites exceeding well. The dive boat Reliance is comfortable and we'll equipped.

John Gillette is a top notch divemaster and instructor. He can find anything underwater and always make sure you get a great dive. His night dives at Frederiksted Pier are phenomenal!

I can't wait to come back to St Croix for another dive trip!!

Visited May 2014
Douglas, thank you for diving with us and for writing the great review. John is a great dive master and his knowledge of the Frederiksted Pier is unrivaled. He knows where all the best critters hang out. We truly believe the Pier to be one of the top 10 dive sites on the planet and John knows it better than anyone we know.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Remarkable, absolutely amazing experience!”
Reviewed 19 May 2014

St. Croix Ultimate Bluewater Adventure (SCUBA - as the local cab drivers refer to it) is a fantastic dive operation. My fiancé and I chose this company for our open water checkout dives based on reviews we read on TripAdvisor and UnderCurrent.org. Our dive instructor (Mike) was super knowledgable and quickly eased the slight apprehension we had about jumping into the sea with sharks. The entire crew were helpful, very friendly, and genuinely excited to welcome new divers into the club! Many thanks to Mike, Captain Fuzzy, Captain Ed, Captain Nate, John, Clint, Mark, Olivia, and Molly. What a great group of folks to experience diving with!

The dive sites were amazing: Rust Op Twist, Cane Bay - Northstar, East Wall, West Wall, and a few others. We saw blacktip sharks, barracuda, lionfish, cuttlefish, lobster, eel, trumpetfish and many others...too many to list.

We highly recommend St. Croix Ultimate Bluewater Adventure! You won't regret it.

Visited May 2014
Thank you for choosing us to help you complete your Openwater Certification dives. You chose one of the best ways possible to do your dive training, completing the academic and swimming pool portions of the training back home (so you don't use up precious vacation time in a swimming pool) and then coming to us for the four open water dives (rather than a cold dark quarry back home). Nothing quite like getting so see some wonderful marine life while doing your dive training. As you saw, our sharks, along with the rest of the wonderful marine life here are all friendly and fantastic to see and watch in their natural environment. Now that you're certified come on back for a week of non-training dives, or even better, let's work on your Advanced Certification now.
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing dive shop and even better dives!”
Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

Thank you SCUBA! I showed up with one dive left to complete my open water certification and they took such good care of me. The staff and instructors are super friendly and knowledgeable. Proud to have this awesome dive shop on my cert card! Almost everyone I met had been there many times before and I can absolutely see why they keep going back! I hope to be back there soon!

Bailey thank you for choosing us to help you complete your Openwater Certification. We absolutely love showing new divers the fantastic diving found right here on St. Croix. Now that you're a fully certified diver we hope to see you back again soon for some non-training diving.