“Excellent Dive Operator”

St. Croix Ultimate Bluewater Adventures (SCUBA), Inc.
Ranked #2 of 27 Tours in Christiansted
More attraction details
Owner description: The friendliest dive shop on earth operates two dive boats, one from Christiansted and one from Frederiksted, diving all of the moored dive sites along the island's north and west shores. As a full PADI 5 Star IDC training facility SCUBA conducts all scuba dive training from Discover Scuba Diving (intro) courses through professional level.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 31 May 2014

The booking process went easy. The day before diving started (we did 3 days of diving with them) we dropped our gear off at the shop. Upon arriving to get on the boat, our gear was setup and waiting on us. Our divemaster, John, did everything for us. This operator is big on the details. The dive boats are clean, very thorough briefings, and an insistence on relaxing---safely. The dives were great. Once underwater, the babysitting stops. You can dive with the divemaster or do your own thing. You dive your tank. I believe our shortest dive was 45 minutes. At least 2 dives exceeded an hour. (We dive enriched air.) I suggest diving with them on both sides of the island. You will see all that St. Croix has to offer. There isn't a better dive operator around. (They need to get some fat boy short sleeve t-shirts. That's my only complaint!)

stcroixscuba, Owner at St. Croix Ultimate Bluewater Adventures (SCUBA), Inc., responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Billy, thank you for diving with us and for taking the time to write this great review. I love your comment about "insistence on relaxing--safely", that's a great description of what we do and I'll probably plagiarize it in future ads. I also totally agree with your suggestion to other divers to make sure and dive both of our boats to get the best of the island's walls, reefs, wrecks, and the Pier. We hope to see you back here again soon and we'll plan on having some "fat boy short sleeved" shirts for whomever you're bringing them back to as it's obviously NOT you.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

As a diver who has been on several islands - this is truly one of my best dive experiences due to the outstanding staff & service. ET, Mark, Fuzzy, & Clint took service to a new level. They completely took care of your equipment & did not rush you on the dives. As they stated "it was our vacation". Dive sites were carefully selected for the group & extremely friendly. Looking forward to coming back!

Thank you for diving with us and for taking the time to write this review. Hearing these great accolades from someone who has dived on quite a few islands is especially meaningful. When you're ready for your next dive "vacation" we'll be ready for you.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

My girlfriend and I just got back from St. Croix and absolutely loved the diving. I was certified, and my girlfriend, Erin, had to complete her open water checkout dives. The divemasters I had for my 3 days of diving, Haines (sp?) and Mark were both tremendously knowledgeable and personable. Erin’s instructor, Mike, was affable and professional, helping her complete her certification at ease. The dive boats were small and intimate groups, which is why I liked them so much. All of the employees, from the owners to the DMs to the boat captains were personable, professional, and a lot of fun to be around.

The diving itself was really great. The reefs around St. Croix are easy with plenty of wildlife to see. The pier in Frederiksted was a personal favorite of mine as well as “The Aquarium”.

I know Erin and I plan on diving with SCUBA every time we come to St. Croix. We had a wonderful experience.

Derek it was great to have you and Erin diving with us and we were delighted to be able to complete Erin's Openwater Certification. Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review of us, I think "affable" is a new adjective describing our crew. We look forward to both of you returning to dive with us.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

The crew at SCUBA dive shop is top notch. They know a great deal about diving in St. Croix and will make sure that you have a wonderful experience diving with them.

I’d like to mention John Gillette as an outstanding divemaster and instructor. He makes sure that you have the most awesome experience diving. He is very knowledgeable about all of the dive sites and will make sure that every dive trip if fun. Ask for John next time you are there and you will find out what I mean.

I will definitely be diving with SCUBA next time I’m in St. Croix!

Martin S.

Martin, thanks for coming back to St. Croix for more diving with us. It's always great to see you and we thank you for taking the time to write the great review. The fact that you keep coming back to dive with us speaks as loudly as the review. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

The crew at SCUBA especially John Gillette are fantastic. They know the dive sites exceeding well. The dive boat Reliance is comfortable and we'll equipped.

John Gillette is a top notch divemaster and instructor. He can find anything underwater and always make sure you get a great dive. His night dives at Frederiksted Pier are phenomenal!

I can't wait to come back to St Croix for another dive trip!!

Douglas, thank you for diving with us and for writing the great review. John is a great dive master and his knowledge of the Frederiksted Pier is unrivaled. He knows where all the best critters hang out. We truly believe the Pier to be one of the top 10 dive sites on the planet and John knows it better than anyone we know.