“The Buccaneer St. Croix ------Wonderful”

The Buccaneer St Croix
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Christiansted
Reviewed 3 June 2009

We attended a wedding at The Buccaneer on St. Croix and could not have had a better time.....The staff was unbelieveable.......We planned an imprompto birthday party and the staff went out of their way to accomodate us.......they ordered cake, decorated etc....breakfast was great every morning and when one of our party asked about popping popcorn a microwave was delivered to her room.......Beautiful resort, the best staff that we have ever encountered and a beautiful memory.....We hope to go back soon

1  Thank My8

Reviewed 1 June 2009

Just got back from a wonderful five night stay at The Buc. We were upgraded from a mountainview room to an ocean front room.... what wonderful service. I cannot say enough about the staff there. Everyone goes out of their way to help, they wave when they see you, anything they can help with, they are right there. The rooms are clean and well serviced, the grounds are immaculate, the views are beautiful. Sunsets there are remarkable. You will be so happy if you stay there.

We are in our late 20s and although many there are a bit older or with kids, we never felt out of place. I found this to be true as well when we visited Carambola... so keep that in mind. Never would you spend all your time at the resort when visiting St. Croix, so do know that you can find great groups of people at many local restaurants and bars that will fit your age group.

The location to the town as well as the east end for some bars/restuarants was ideal. We were so happy to be able to drive less than five min and there you are! If we stayed at the Carambola, that would have been very diff, so kudos to those that warned me ahead of time!!!! MUCHO THANKS!

Please feel free to contact me with any questions!! I would love to offer any insight if need be.

PS - Food on the island can be about 10% more than the mainland (that being said from an San Francisco Bay person...at the resort, can be a bit more. ) I would recommend picking up groceries and alcohol from a nearby store and keeping it in you room to save cash.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
4  Thank kirstenaline
Reviewed 1 June 2009

My husband and I stayed at The Buccaneer for 6 days, 5 nights May 19-24, 2009. We booked through Funjet and got a pretty good deal on the trip. Our room was just a basic mountainview room in the main house. The room had a king size bed, a sitting area, a mini fridge, and a large bathroom with a shower and double sinks. Housekeeping comes twice a day (for cleaning in the early afternoon and turndown service in the evening) and restocks towels and a new carafe of ice water each time. There were 3 ceiling fans in the room including one in the bathroom which I thought was a nice touch. The A/C blew out cold air directly under the vents, but our room never really got cold.

There are 3 beaches at the hotel and all are good. If you are staying in the main house you will have a decent walk to get to the beaches and 2 of the restaurants. However, if you can't/don't walk up & down the hills there is a shuttle that will pick you up and take you wherever you want to go within the hotel within 15 minutes. There is a 18 hole golf course with a 2 mile jogging trail so there is a lot to do on site. There is a hut on one of the beaches where you can get snorkeling equipment and a bunch of other stuff. There is a decent reef right off the beach where you can snorkel and see some really neat fish.

Food is semi-expensive at the hotel, but really good; our breakfast buffet was included complimentary. The things I would recommend doing are: sail to Buck Island! It is a must and a really cool experience. We went with Carl on the Tererro which sails out of a marina just down the road from The Buccanneer and I would recommend him. You also really should rent a car for at least part of the time you are there. We used Judi of Croix and worked with Christy and she was great! If you dive there are a bunch of dive sites and shops. We used N2 the Blue and they were okay. We dove the swirling reef of death and I saw my first eel. Go down to the boardwalk in Christansted. There is a shuttle from The Buccanneer that will take you for $7 roundtrip. I would also say go to Cruzan Rum.

Overall, great vacation, love the island, loved The Buccanneer. If you have any questions, please contact me and I will be happy to answer them!

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
4  Thank lec1727
Reviewed 26 May 2009

WE just returned from our trip to this resort, for my son's Wedding. They were amazing! Initially the idea of planning a destination wedding was a bit overwhelming as everything is done via the internet and phone. Carolyn, the events planner, left no detail undone. She far exceded our expectations and would highly recommend this location to anyone considering a destination wedding! The locations is absolutely gorgeous, the flowers, music, food, cake and photographer were exceptional and the cost is far less than what we were quoted here in the States. Kudos to the entire staff and you will not be disappointed if you choose this resort for one of the most important days of your life!

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank scubasue09
Reviewed 22 May 2009

I went back for the 2nd time with the kids. Great staff, food, beach, and all the amenities you can want. Staff, Managers, Waitresses, Bar Tenders all remembered us. In a good way of course. Rooms are beautiful, food was very good, and the beach is extremely relaxing and uncrowded. Ventured into town for dinner which was fun. Rented a car and went to a few beaches in Fredericksted. That is a must. Also you have to book a trip on Big Beards Catamaran to Buck Island. The snorkling was fabulous. Can't wait to return next year.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with family
3  Thank DBeth
Reviewed 20 May 2009

My best friend and I wanted to 'get away from it all' and could not have chosen a better place. The accommodations are wonderful, the staff are all so friendly and helpful, and the atmosphere and beautiful grounds of the entire resort lends itself to calm and relaxation. There are opportunities at The Buccaneer for solitude and reflection as well as socializing with other guests. We met many wonderful people from all over and had the opportunity to interact with the great staff. We cannot wait to go back with our families and other friends to share such a wonderful experience.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank Nebraskacrackers
Reviewed 18 May 2009

There are not enough words to describe my stay at the Buccaneer. This was my third trip to the island of St Croix, but my first stay at the Buccaneer and it was unforgettable. Our room was amazing, ocean front with easy access to the beach, pool and beachside grill. The rooms were clean with housekeeping arriving twice a day to freshen our room and would stop by occasionally to make sure everything was ok.
Room service was also fantastic, our food came quickly and was always delicious. We also enjoyed the activities, snorkeling, kayaking, the managers reception, the tour and history of the island and resort. So many things to do right there, but also only 5 minutes into town and a shuttle service was also available to take you for only $7 roundtrip. No need for a rental car when you stay here.
And the staff...... oh my gosh! EVERYONE was so friendly and accommodating. I never passed any staff member that didn't say good morning or afternoon or evening. I felt so comfortable and at home there and most definitely will be back.

Barb Shupe
Missouri

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with friends
3  Thank Barb S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Christiansted
Sugar Beach Condo Resort
Renaissance St. Croix Carambola Beach Resort & Spa
The Palms at Pelican Cove
The Palms at Pelican Cove
#2 of 14 in Christiansted

Been to The Buccaneer St Croix? Share your experiences!